• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 29th: SM141 - Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolver Furious Dragon

There’s a scoreboard in the background of the clash between Lycanroc and Incineroar when Incineroar is using Throat Chop and Lycanroc is using Bite(?). The scoreboard shows 6vs6 with Incineroar as Kukui’s first but I can’t tell what’s on Ash’s side, it looks like half of his Pokeballs are darker shaded

There's a clearer image not far above your post. It shows lycanroc is first and torracat second. So looks like some sketching going on.

So it's

Incineroar Vs lycanroc - lycanroc recalled
Incineroar Vs torracat- torracat recalled or defeated
Incineroar Vs lycanroc again .

Maybe ash sends out lycanroc first before kukui sends out a Pokémon. Then seeing what kukui uses he switches for torracat only to switch back to lycanroc for some reason. Either torracat is defeated or hurt enough ash switches.

Or maybe incineroar knows something like roar

nuzamaki90

There’s a scoreboard in the background of the clash between Lycanroc and Incineroar when Incineroar is using Throat Chop and Lycanroc is using Bite(?). The scoreboard shows 6vs6 with Incineroar as Kukui’s first but I can’t tell what’s on Ash’s side, it looks like half of his Pokeballs are darker shaded
Again, whatever preview you saw was low quality. The Pokémon shown on Ash’s side were Lycanroc, Pikachu, and Torracat. Incineroar is the only one shown on Kukui’s side.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member

Here's a graphic:

2WD5Ajl.png

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
On Ash's side at the end is that Beast Ball or Pikachu?Why is Pikachu last? It could be third/4th or 5th.

Revolver Furious Dragon

On Ash's side at the end is that Beast Ball or Pikachu?Why is Pikachu last? It could be third/4th or 5th.

Pikachu. Presumably they have it there since it's standing by ash's side so they know it's going to be used

Alolan Champion

It's 6 vs 6 in terms of format, but nowhere does it confirm that Kukui actually uses all 6 of his Pokemon. He can end it by using just Braviary, Incineroar and Lucario as well.
He already lost a Pokémon and I doubt Incineroar is going to handle Torracat, Pikachu, Lycanroc, and by himself.

Revolver Furious Dragon

He already lost a Pokémon and I doubt Incineroar is going to handle Torracat, Pikachu, Lycanroc, and by himself.

From what we have seen of the preview nobody has lost a Pokémon. The one shot of the scoreboard shows nothing is knocked out

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy

No one's lost any of their Pokemon. Incineroar is the first Pokemon from Kukui (what looks like it's greyed out is just Incineroar on Kukui's side), while Lycanroc, Torracat and Pikachu are there on Ash's side.

AJ97

It's due to a common misconception that losing 6-5 is a close battle, due to the quantity of Pokemon used. Back in Sinnoh, people believed that Tobias only had Darkrai and the rest of his team was filler. So if Ash beat Darkrai, he'd clean up the rest of Tobias' team.

We only learned 5 years later that Tobias has six legendaries in that battle. No matter how strong Incineroar is supposed to be, Kukui is no Tobias because his team is mortal.
When exactly is it revealed that Tobias had 6 legendaries? Apart from Darkrai and Latios, we still don't know what his other 4 pokemon were right?

Rohanator

It seems like the two halves of the battle are divided to specific stories in a way. This first episode is Ash settling things with Incineroar, which sort of acts as a wall for him to reach the actual 6v6, which is why the SECOND episode is titled "full battle". So I bet next week's episode ends with Incineroar falling and Torracat getting its closure and the week after that is Ash taking on Kukui's other 5 Mons with Melmetal and Naganadel doing most of the work and Pikachu getting the final fight in classic fashion.

I know it looks like a Tobias situation based on next week's preview but it makes absolutely no sense for Kukui to brush off a team with two legendaries like that, once Incineroar goes down Ash is gonna turn the tides and its Kukui's turn to lose multiple Mons to the two Monsters in the back (even if he might still win in the end).

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I do think we’ll get to see more then just Incineroar considering Ash is training Melmetal. Because of that, I could see Melmetal being used for another opponent to show off that it’s improved Double Iron Bash.

Let Braviary get to deal the final blow to Ash’s last Pokemon since a Unova Pokemon got robbed by a Lucario

Alolan Champion

No one's lost any of their Pokemon. Incineroar is the first Pokemon from Kukui (what looks like it's greyed out is just Incineroar on Kukui's side), while Lycanroc, Torracat and Pikachu are there on Ash's side.
If that was the case then why are both Pokeballs blacked out yet Torracat isn’t in battle? Because there was either a draw or they both beat a Pokémon each.

AJ97

Interesting. However, Tobias's situation cannot be compared to Kukui because, unlike the former, Kukui / Royal mask has much more character development and it has been indicated that Incineror is his main pokemon, i.e his ace. More or less like Alain whose ace was Charizard. If Alain opened with Charizard, it wouldn't have made sense to assume that Alain would've had pokemon stronger than Charizard.

It makes absolutely no sense here for Ash to beat Kukui based off the regular pattern followed by Pokemon. The only question was whether it would come down to a 6-5 respectable loss or Kukui simply destroying Ash.
Based off this preview, it is pretty obvious that it is going to be the latter based off the fact that Incineror is sent out first.

So I feel Ash's biggest achievement in this battle is going to be taking out Incineror which is the unbeatable ace of the Royal Mask, similar to Tobias's Darkrai. This is obviously going to result in him loses 3-4 pokemon and the rest of his pokemon aren't going to be able to take out the rest of Kukui's pokemon who might not be as strong as Incineror, but definitely stronger than Ash's Base Alola team.

Revolver Furious Dragon

You don’t see the blacked out Pokeballs on both sides?

No because they aren't there. Your looking at pictures of the Pokémon instead. Nothing is blacked out so nothing has been knocked out yet

Status
Not open for further replies.