• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 29th: SM141 - Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolver Furious Dragon

But it’s pretty weird that Ash would send Torracat out twice right now.

It's a little wierd but not impossible. He could send out lycanroc first then switch it when kukui sends out incineroar. Torracat gets Injured so he switches lycanroc back in.

Or incineroar could know roar for all we know and it keeps switching ash's Pokémon for the lols

Rohanator

Incineroar is one thing since it's been built up but unless Kukui pulls out some legendaries of his own I just can't see Melmetal and Naganadel not putting serious pressure on him. I know they have less battle experience but you gotta consider their portrayal marketing wise, you gotta make the kids wanna get these special Mons in the games lol. The two of them + Pikachu and maybe even Rowlet struggling against just Lucario (I guess it could go Mega) and Braviary would be really weird to watch no matter how much you say that Kukui's a veteran etc. There's no real reason for them to not give Kukui 3 other regular Mons that are challenging but ultimately fodder for Metal and Naga.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
@Rohanator Two Legendaries? You mean one? UBs are not Legendaries.And yes Kukui could brush off non exp/weak legendaries, look at what happened with Sceptile vs Darkrai or Charizard vs Articuno who are more experienced than Melmetal.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Yay my favorite Pokèmon is back after a break that was way too long.

We really out here over analyzing 30 secs of footage as usual lol

Genaller

Silver Soul

Rohanator

@Rohanator Two Legendaries? You mean one? UBs are not Legendaries.And yes Kukui could brush off non exp/weak legendaries, look at what happened with Sceptile vs Darkrai or Charizard vs Articuno who are more experienced than Melmetal.
Well, when I say legendary I really just mean "special". The point is that marketing wise it doesn't really make sense to give Ash Melmetal and Naganadel and not make both look really impressive in battle. Yea I think Metal did well against Silvally and Naganadel got a cool moment blowing Guzzlord away with Pikachu but there's no better way to get the kids hyped for that merch than showing both shine with clean 1v1 wins, know what I'm sayin'?

And in both Darkrai's and Articuno's case they were presented as tough obstacles that Ash had to go all out against to KO, they were classic boss fights, using Legendaries like that is perfectly reasonable, it still makes them seem, well, legendary.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
He didn't even bring his A-Team, Ash deserves to lose.

I don't want him to get Tobias'd either.

CMButch

Well, when I say legendary I really just mean "special". The point is that marketing wise it doesn't really make sense to give Ash Melmetal and Naganadel and not make both look really impressive in battle. Yea I think Metal did well against Silvally and Naganadel got a cool moment blowing Guzzlord away with Pikachu but there's no better way to get the kids hyped for that merch than showing both shine with clean 1v1 wins, know what I'm sayin'?

And in both Darkrai's and Articuno's case they were presented as tough obstacles that Ash had to go all out against to KO, they were classic boss fights, using Legendaries like that is perfectly reasonable, it still makes them seem, well, legendary.
Oh, I see. I am saying that Melmetal and Naganadel will get a win sure, but Kukui won't have much trouble with them because they're inexperienced and weaker than many many "specials"( non trained ones Dialga, Palkia, Arceus etc and experienced ones: Tobias' Darkrai for example).Melmetal, I am sure he will get a win, but I am skeptical about Naganadel. Sure he blew off Guzzlord( didn't beat him but blew him with Z move + Pikachu's Z move), but we all know Z moves can be OP( and still Pokemon like Golisopod ,who is weaker than Incineroar, could block them).So, Naganadel without Z move would be inexperienced or maybe even weak, but I think writers would give him a win because he just returned. But I think Naga will be like Goodra. Lol.
However, only I can see Kukui having hard time is if Ash brought Sceptile, Charizard and Snorlax( I'd say Infernape but he has Charizard as fire type) instead of Torra, Lycan and Rowlet. Now that would be amazing battle.

Revolver Furious Dragon

So looking at the preview incineroar knows throat chop and what looks like fire punch.

I'm guessing it will still have darkest lariat since it's the species signature move.

There's also the scene with the big fire attack. Inferno overdrive? Makes sense I suppose since we know kukui had firium z but I was expecting Incineroars unique z move.

So moveset
- darkest lariat
- fire punch
- throat chop
- roar? Would explain all the switching ash seems to be doing

He didn't even bring his A-Team, Ash deserves to lose.

I don't want him to get Tobias'd either.

It would of made zero sense to bring reserves. The match is a prize for winning the league so ash was always going to use the Pokémon that won him the league. It's there prize just as much as his

Ignition

So looking at the preview incineroar knows throat chop and what looks like fire punch.

I'm guessing it will still have darkest lariat since it's the species signature move.

There's also the scene with the big fire attack. Inferno overdrive? Makes sense I suppose since we know kukui had firium z but I was expecting Incineroars unique z move.

So moveset
- darkest lariat
- fire punch
- throat chop
- roar? Would explain all the switching ash seems to be doing

It would of made zero sense to bring reserves. The match is a prize for winning the league so ash was always going to use the Pokémon that won him the league. It's there prize just as much as his
I think the big fire attack is Flare Blitz

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
UBs are Legendaries. They're treated as such in game.

CMButch

UBs are Legendaries. They're treated as such in game.
No, they're not. Treating something as =/= is Legendary. You can can check Bulbapedia(
Nihilego (Japanese: ウツロイド Uturoid) is a dual-type Rock/Poison Pokémon introduced in Generation VII. It doesn't say dual type.... Legendary/Mythical Pokemon..
Also, they are not Legendaries despite being extradimensional. So is Dusknoir, yet is he Legendary? Also, if we go by stats, Mew total is 600 and Slaking's 670. Is Slaking legendary? And lastly and foremost ( game=/= anime in general).

Revolver Furious Dragon

I bet Ash will give up his title away to Kukui if he loses (Yes, I'm aware that this is an exhibition match, but I think Ash will give it up on his own accord).

What title? He's a league champion not a regional champion.

Ignition

No, they're not. Treating something as =/= is Legendary. You can can check Bulbapedia(
Nihilego (Japanese: ウツロイド Uturoid) is a dual-type Rock/Poison Pokémon introduced in Generation VII. It doesn't say dual type.... Legendary/Mythical Pokemon..
Also, they are not Legendaries despite being extradimensional. So is Dusknoir, yet is he Legendary? Also, if we go by stats, Mew total is 600 and Slaking's 670. Is Slaking legendary? And lastly and foremost ( game=/= anime in general).
Just saying Bulbapedia is not an official source. Let’s keep the semantics out of this thread so it doesn’t derail any further

CMButch

Just saying Bulbapedia is not an official source. Let’s keep the semantics out of this thread so it doesn’t derail any further
It is not, but official source doesn't say UBs are legendaries, therefore they're not until proven otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.