• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 29th: SM141 - Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanator

I just realized that due to this episode being for the 29th the big next series announcement will come BEFORE (or during if Ash VS Kukui starts in this ep) the final battle. Not to make huge leaps or anything but could they actually treat Ash VS Kukui as some kind of farewell or celebratory thing after revealing how different the next series will really be? Like "Ash will be gone soon so enjoy this one last full battle between him and his Alolan dad before saying goodbye". Some crazy times we live in.

I guess the same logic works for just SM itself though lol, "here's the next series but don't look away yet cause SM will go out with a bang".

Sonnas

I just realized that due to this episode being for the 29th the big next series announcement will come BEFORE (or during if Ash VS Kukui starts in this ep) the final battle. Not to make huge leaps or anything but could they actually treat Ash VS Kukui as some kind of farewell or celebratory thing after revealing how different the next series will really be? Like "Ash will be gone soon so enjoy this one last full battle between him and his Alolan dad before saying goodbye". Some crazy times we live in.

I guess the same logic works for just SM itself though lol, "here's the next series but don't look away yet cause SM will go out with a bang".
What makes you think this feels like it'll end with a bang? And also I feel like if he wins this it doesn't feel like he earned it.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
What makes you think this feels like it'll end with a bang? And also I feel like if he wins this it doesn't feel like he earned it.
Ash did all the Grand Trials, and trained more than anyone else this saga, besides Gladion's off-street training. He and Gladion are basically the only two who do deserve it. Kiawe and Guzma are the most battle happy after them, and Kiawe only did 1 trial himself.

kickachu

Momentai!
what if this episode is where mohn is returned home or poipole return

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Revolver Furious Dragon

Do you also think this episode plot will be connected with the big announcement they'll have at the end?

While it's possible I doubt it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
kickachu said:

I don't think that the Mohn subplot will be resolved before the exhibition match happens, but I could see this being an episode where Bevenom returns since Satoshi needs a sixth Pokemon if he's going to battle Kukui-hakase in a full match.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I don't think that the Mohn subplot will be resolved before the exhibition match happens, but I could see this being an episode where Bevenom returns since Satoshi needs a sixth Pokemon if he's going to battle Kukui-hakase in a full match.

It's possible though. Mohn could of ended up where guzzlord was when he went through the Ulta wormhole

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Whatever they're keeping secret better be good...

I'm hoping it picks up where SM140 left off with everyone vs. Guzzlord. We NEED something like that after Fukijima sours the finals.
I'm kind of hoping Shaymin takes Sky Form for the occasion (it damn well better)

TheWanderingMist

It better be something good they're hiding. Not something lame like "Mohn's back".
The most likely thing they're hiding is the name of the champion. Especially since the title AFTER this one has been revealed.

Red and Blue

I have the feeling that this may be related to the Sword&Shield anime and that a Galar character or Pokemon may appear.
Seems kind of pointless for that since there will be a preview for the new series on the same day.

dman_dustin

I do think this is most definitely relating to Guzzlord more than anything for a couple of reasons:

1. The next title is likely Ash vs Kukui (if Ash beat Gladion) and its a full battle. Ash has more reasons to actually have a full battle than Gladion (while Gladion would have to magically produce two Pokemon out of nowhere). So the title should imply what Ash's hypothetical sixth Pokemon, if Ash wins (and I don't be expressly revealing who that sixth Pokemon is, because it could easily be Solgaleo Returns! Which could imply Poipole coming back as well.

2. Mohn could appear, but I don't think it would make much sense considering this is a one off episode, and would be airing right before the full battle. Having Mohn appear in a one off episode, even if its connected to Guzzlord would be a very disjointed conclusion since I doubt they'd throw in Magearna as well, and I think that would be required to find Mohn, is Lillie having Magearna.

3. While Guzzlord could be a one episode deal, I don't know how much sense it makes to have Guzzlord only be one episode, given how serious it seems to be. I mean one could make the argument, that Sun and Moon is really good at making two parters, and while most Ultra Beasts only got one, an alternate Guzzlord did already get two, I just don't think they can cram a good story in only one episode, since while Ash knows Guzzlord is a threat, the other trainer would likely need to see it, hence I do think suspense needs to be built for most of an episode, to carry over the next episode, to make a proper conclusion. Otherwise its just weird.

Other possibilities-

1. Could it be relating to 8th generation anime? Maybe, the announcement apparently happens at this episode, but having a disjointed episode, just to have 8th generation anime being the focal point of the episode, or having it relate to the title could be weird.

2. Could this be a battle between Masked Royal and the winner of the league? It would have to be a build up episode, at best like the Battle Frontier episode where Ash calls back his first Pokemon (that he still has access to), but making that a full episode. I have doubts that this episode would be the start of the battle if only because I don't know if the way the title is presented it would apply to a second parter. Like would a second parter of a full battle simply just have "A Full Battle" or would the title more imply that it is the 2nd episode of the full battle? But the point being could this episode be primarily about getting ready for the full battle, sure, giving Ash a chance to get his 6th Pokemon.

3. Could an evolution be revealed in the title? Possibly, maybe Torracat evolves in this episode, and that would likely confirm even more that Ash is going to battle Masked Royal. Because why evolve Torracat only for it not immediately be used in the previous episode, though if Torracat will ever evolve, I think its going to evolve during the battle like how Litten evolved, not to be a DEM and why Ash might beat Masked Royal but just a call back to their first episode where Litten evolved into Torracat.

TheWanderingMist

Maybe his other friends come to support him in his exhibition match?
All of his other friends? I don't think the stadium can hold as many people as Ash has met and befriended.

Status
Not open for further replies.