• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 29th: SM141 - Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcySealeo

Wow, never expected to see Venusaur and Empoleon. Very happy that older-generations-starters appears, but I would really like Kukui to have some other starter instead of Venusaur.

Rohanator

I think Kukui having Venusaur and Empoleon might be a reference to him picking the leftover 3rd starter in the games.

Satoshi has Charizard and his Kanto rival has Blastoise so Kukui gets Venusaur.

Satoshi has Torterra and Infernape (and his main Sinnoh rival has Torterra if you wanna count Infernape as Satoshi’s main Mon that region), so Kukui gets Empoleon.

in Johto or Unova none of his starters fully evolved, in Kalos he didn’t have any rivals with Kalos starters and Masamune/Morrison having Swampert either isn’t iconic enough or Blaziken is too similar to Incineroar, thus only Shigeru/Gary and Shinji/Paul get referenced (or they didn’t wanna give him more than one of each starter type, probably more likely actually lol).

Pretty cool if intended.

Revolver Furious Dragon

At one point I did think he would have 3 starters. But the alola 3 to reference how he had all 3 in game depending on your starter.

But it's nice some of the lesser showcased starters get some love

Cradily17

Come on, Ash. You got this! I know he'll still be Champion even if he loses, but I would really love for him to win again to really stick it to the haters. Weird that Kukui only has five mons on his team. Maybe he'll have a sixth Pokemon from Gen 8?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I think Kukui having Venusaur and Empoleon might be a reference to him picking the leftover 3rd starter in the games.

Satoshi has Charizard and his Kanto rival has Blastoise so Kukui gets Venusaur.

Satoshi has Torterra and Infernape (and his main Sinnoh rival has Torterra if you wanna count Infernape as Satoshi’s main Mon that region), so Kukui gets Empoleon.

in Johto or Unova none of his starters fully evolved, in Kalos he didn’t have any rivals with Kalos starters and Masamune/Morrison having Swampert either isn’t iconic enough or Blaziken is too similar to Incineroar, thus only Shigeru/Gary and Shinji/Paul get referenced (or they didn’t wanna give him more than one of each starter type, probably more likely actually lol).

Pretty cool if intended.
I only count the Venasaur, but the Empoleon? Dawn picked Piplup.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
If anyone said Kakui had Venasaur and Empoleon, gtfo... no you didn't. That's actually kind of amazing and could make this a bit more interesting.
Also, still no Ash Torrecat evolution spoiler... ain't happening imo.

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion
Wow, never expected to see Venusaur and Empoleon. Very happy that older-generations-starters appears, but I would really like Kukui to have some other starter instead of Venusaur.

I agree there, seeing as we randomly have Empoleon I would have liked to have seen Chesnaught seeing as it never really got a proper battle back in XY. Makes sense seeing as you can get it through Island Scan the same way as the other two.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Chesnaught would be perfect and fit Kukui's thematic of "wrestler" since it's half fighting.

IkeBayern

If anyone said Kakui had Venasaur and Empoleon, gtfo... no you didn't. That's actually kind of amazing and could make this a bit more interesting.
Also, still no Ash Torrecat evolution spoiler... ain't happening imo.

There’s still enough time for that to happen but it looks more unlikely at this point, as for the starters tbh in hindsight when you look at the whole Kukui went to Kanto and how Kanto is frequently mentioned in the S/M series you could say that hey might’ve had a Kanto starter

On the other hand, I thought Empoleon was done in Sinnoh and we’d never see it again.. Surprised to see it back again with Kukui.. Very unexpected choice indeed

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Interestingly, by generation Lusamine's team was 1-3-3-4-5-7. If Kukui has gone to the same regions, we might be looking at a Gen III Electric type.

Manectric?
"I'm sorry. I have no Pokémon who can use Electric moves."
-Kukui, literally last episode. Whatever his final Pokémon is going to be, unless he does indeed team up with Kapu-Kokeko or something, he will not be using any Electric types. That or he has Electric types without Electric moves but why though.

Revolver Furious Dragon

"I'm sorry. I have no Pokémon who can use Electric moves."
-Kukui, literally last episode. Whatever his final Pokémon is going to be, unless he does indeed team up with Kapu-Kokeko or something, he will not be using any Electric types. That or he has Electric types without Electric moves but why though.
Or he didn't have an electric pokemon on his person at That Point in time. Like he had most of his team resting or training in preparation for the exhibition match and only had 1 or 2 on him

Status
Not open for further replies.