1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

September 29th: SM141 - Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcySealeo

IcySealeo Well-Known Member

Wow, never expected to see Venusaur and Empoleon. Very happy that older-generations-starters appears, but I would really like Kukui to have some other starter instead of Venusaur.

FlygontheRavager likes this.
  2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

Kukui doesn't hand out starters.

Because he keeps them for himself.

(...Wait, so is this representation of Alola not into giving trainers the Alolan starters? Man, this region is dark.)

3. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

I think Kukui having Venusaur and Empoleon might be a reference to him picking the leftover 3rd starter in the games.

Satoshi has Charizard and his Kanto rival has Blastoise so Kukui gets Venusaur.

Satoshi has Torterra and Infernape (and his main Sinnoh rival has Torterra if you wanna count Infernape as Satoshi’s main Mon that region), so Kukui gets Empoleon.

in Johto or Unova none of his starters fully evolved, in Kalos he didn’t have any rivals with Kalos starters and Masamune/Morrison having Swampert either isn’t iconic enough or Blaziken is too similar to Incineroar, thus only Shigeru/Gary and Shinji/Paul get referenced (or they didn’t wanna give him more than one of each starter type, probably more likely actually lol).

Pretty cool if intended.

4. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

At one point I did think he would have 3 starters. But the alola 3 to reference how he had all 3 in game depending on your starter.

But it's nice some of the lesser showcased starters get some love

5. Cradily17

Cradily17 Well-Known Member

Come on, Ash. You got this! I know he'll still be Champion even if he loses, but I would really love for him to win again to really stick it to the haters. Weird that Kukui only has five mons on his team. Maybe he'll have a sixth Pokemon from Gen 8?

6. AuraChannelerChris

I only count the Venasaur, but the Empoleon? Dawn picked Piplup.

7. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

If anyone said Kakui had Venasaur and Empoleon, gtfo... no you didn't. That's actually kind of amazing and could make this a bit more interesting.
    Also, still no Ash Torrecat evolution spoiler... ain't happening imo.

8. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

I don't mean Kukui literally picked some leftover Piplup from Sinnoh, just IMAGINE that he could be the third trainer among Ash and Gary/Paul. It's a reference.

9. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: Orientating surprises!

Just like in the games haha

10. Espeonite

Espeonite Well-Known Member

Ash better win, I want him replaced for the new season.

11. AuraChannelerChris

Him winning doesn't mean the series would be over. That was just a joke the creators made.

Which, in some ways, sounds a bit nasty to say about their own OC from what we've seen so far.

12. Blaze Master X

Blaze Master X Gigantamax Toxtricity

Ash's story ends when he becomes the Pokemon Master. Not when he wins the League.

13. AuraChannelerChris

The hell's a Pokemon Master.

14. Revolver Furious Dragon

Someone popular or powerful enough to be invited to pasio

15. xinfernapex

xinfernapex Sinnoh Champion

I agree there, seeing as we randomly have Empoleon I would have liked to have seen Chesnaught seeing as it never really got a proper battle back in XY. Makes sense seeing as you can get it through Island Scan the same way as the other two.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  16. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Chesnaught would be perfect and fit Kukui's thematic of "wrestler" since it's half fighting.

17. IkeBayern

IkeBayern Well-Known Member

There’s still enough time for that to happen but it looks more unlikely at this point, as for the starters tbh in hindsight when you look at the whole Kukui went to Kanto and how Kanto is frequently mentioned in the S/M series you could say that hey might’ve had a Kanto starter

On the other hand, I thought Empoleon was done in Sinnoh and we’d never see it again.. Surprised to see it back again with Kukui.. Very unexpected choice indeed

Spider-Phoenix and Joltik-Kid like this.
  18. Lord Starfish

Lord Starfish Fond of owls

"I'm sorry. I have no Pokémon who can use Electric moves."
    -Kukui, literally last episode. Whatever his final Pokémon is going to be, unless he does indeed team up with Kapu-Kokeko or something, he will not be using any Electric types. That or he has Electric types without Electric moves but why though.

Spider-Phoenix and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  19. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: Orientating surprises!

For some reason I feel like Kukui saying "I have no pokemon with electric moves" is hinting at something... I don't know what

Spider-Phoenix and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  20. Revolver Furious Dragon

Or he didn't have an electric pokemon on his person at That Point in time. Like he had most of his team resting or training in preparation for the exhibition match and only had 1 or 2 on him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.