1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

September 29th: SM141 - Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xinfernapex

xinfernapex Sinnoh Champion

I’m wondering if one of Kukui’s Pokemon will use on of the remaining Z-Moves. Be a nice surprise like Gladion using Never Ending Nightmare.

Venusaur could use Acid Downpour I suppose.

Lucario could use Shattered Psyche via Psychic/Zen Headbutt.

Or maybe he has a Kommo-o and we can finally see that Z-Move

Trey pokes and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  2. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

Oh nice I got Venasaur right at least! Empoleon was a pleasant surprise. All Empoleons in DP were jokes in DP. Hopefully this one gets treated better.

That still leaves one unknown Pokémon... hmm... with them hiding it as a last Pokémon, watch it be a Mew.

After all Mew can learn "ANY" Pokémon move and what better Mythical Pokémon than that for a Pokémon Move Professor?

3. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

Wonder who's gonna beat Venusaur... Torrecat has the massive advantage, but I highly doubt it comes out unscathed with Incineroar. My guess would be Rowlet or Nagandel since they both also hold type advantages.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  4. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Gaganga, Keeper of the Gates Impartial

Possible that Torracat beats Incineroar but it too fatigued to do anything to Kukui's next Pokemon.

5. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Anyone else REALLY hoping we get the Title Defence remix used here? It was used briefly in the last Ash vs Kukui battle.

Ignition likes this.
  6. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

My choice would be Melmetal since they are both big bulky Pokemon. Plus Melmetal resists Grass and is immune to Poison

7. wellwellwells

wellwellwells Well-Known Member

I am so glad Empoleon is here. As said before, it was never portrayed as an apt Pokémon.
    Also, I love to see old Pokémons in new battles since you can see how their “move” now instead of just color panels footage (even tho Alola do not have the amazing battle cinematography than Kalos did).

Kawaii Emolga and mehmeh1 like this.
  8. DuquÊ?

DuquÊ? Too lazy to pick a pic

I do just demand rowlet jobs fast. All the others are all bets. If Kukui could indeed have tapu koko as a surprise ally, that at least solves the problem of a rematch with it too (because short time).

Because pikashunium-Z could need at least a last use before the end of the saga and there's no better use to it than freaking nukes a troll as Koko.

9. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Oh, look. A comment."

So...if he was lying during a moment of utmost importance where people's lives were at stake...does that mean he was prioritizing his identity more than saving people's lives.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    Dragalge and mehmeh1 like this.
  10. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

All water type starters have been treated as jokes if you compare to there fire and grass type starter companions except for greninja and to little bit extent blastoise and even then it was overshadowed by charizard and venasaur.

Rowlet beating it would be ridiculous, naganadel should take him down. It has type advatnage and it needs few wins here.

11. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Gaganga, Keeper of the Gates Impartial

Do you just not remember Squirtle?

game3524 likes this.
  12. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

Yeah but here's not the place to use it. Firium z makes much more sense since ash hasnt used it yet and this is the best place for him to do so

13. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

Ash's squirtle had far more experience and more training than rowlet not to mention it use to fight more challenging opponents than rowlet did. tbf rowlet shoud be the fall guy in this match.

14. wellwellwells

wellwellwells Well-Known Member

Rowlet won’t fall, he is an invencible lvl 999 icon.

15. game3524

game3524 Well-Known Member

Seriously.

Squirtle was the MVP of the Orange Island arc if we are being honest.

16. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

IIRC, Zenigame didn’t get his first official battle win until the Indigo League and it was a blink-and-you-miss-it fight. This is just such an incorrect statement for a Pokemon that has knocked out several ally Pokemon, gym leader Dragon-types, several Queen/King ‘mon, and just took out its final stage and consistently is shown training and working hard despite a sleeping gag lol

Sorry, I’m just over this revisionist history to take a crap on a first stage Pokemon that was developed well and treated well throughout the saga. The sleeping gag affected the battle in 0% ways and Junaiper took a fair amount of damage warranting its defeat and Mukuroh had a quad-resistance and advantage on top of a new move just to beat its opponent that it worked for on screen. I wonder what reception would be toward the birb if it was a first-stage ‘mon who constantly lost, perhaps more complaining?

17. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 ^Probably Steven Universe?

Just a few hours until Oha Suta spoils the entire episode. Also, I think either Rowlet or Lycanroc are going to job here, as they already defeated their main rivals

18. Ignition

Ignition Champion SZN

That’d be kind of rough for Lycanroc to be the Pokèmon to win Ash the League just to be the fallguy in the next battle lol

19. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Well at least this way we can say Lycanroc made the biggest contribution of the entire league even if it jobs to Incineroar

20. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

Well, it's battling Incineroar after all, a beastmon.

mehmeh1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.