1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

September 29th: SM141 - Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Well at least this means Nagandel won't be another jobbing dragon. At the very least it should take down at least one Pokemon

2. Eddieursa

Eddieursa Marsh Trainer

It's unlikely, but even with two powerhouses like Naganadel and Melmetal, I would like to see an evolution during this battle.
    + The most likely would be Torracat into Incineroar.
    + However, even with the circunstances, I would like to see Rowlet evolving into Dartrix.

I'm sorry, but it's the same story that Corphish all over. Corphish could have evolved into Crawdaunt and turned into Ash's first Dark Type, but I think they avoided because Crawdaunt was used by several bad guys (mainly, Team Aqua). Now, if Rowlet would evolve into Dartrix AND Decidueye, he could become Ash's first official Ghost Type (not counting Haunter).

Ignition likes this.
  3. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

I say be mindful of taking these scans seriously I’ve come to find out they tend to be over exaggerated. Pokefan talking about how Lillie and Shiron “push Gladio and Blacky to their limits!” or speculation about Shaymin’s battle strength when it never battled or during XY scans talking about how Millefeui “also has a crush on Satoshi” as inconsistencies or exaggerations that didn’t match up with the actual content. But that seems to be an anime thing in general as scans for Dragon Ball Super episodes often told outright lies mixed with over exaggerated content.

Basically I personally don’t think Gaogaen’s getting recalled, I think Nyaheat takes it out after Lugarugan softens it up and they just want to hype the ace and most fleshed out Pokemon on Prof. Kukui’s team.

Doppelgänger likes this.
  4. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Magikarp the thermonuclear bomb

Don't forget "Big and reliable Noivern" and "Definitely skilled Mallow"

5. Epicocity

Epicocity Well-Known Member

Interestingly this seems to note that Ash isn't Champion yet and is merely a League winner by these standards.

6. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

Again with the whole “don’t take scans at face value” thing. Satoshi has already been referred to as the same word they use for Shirona/Adele/Daigo/Wataru iirc so he’s the champion for sure and the show hasn’t stated otherwise that this exhibition match with Kukui affects or threatens that.

7. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

May not officially threaten it, but I can 100% see Ash saying Kukui is the true Champion and voluntarily giving up the title.

mehmeh1 and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  8. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Time For Summer!

I'm expecting this to happen as well and the writers probably won't even acknowledge that he won a league in any future series

9. Red and Blue

If he gets to keep the title despite losing then I doubt he would give it up voluntarily.

10. Sham

Sham Korra was BETTER than ATLA your crazy

The match was created for the league champion
    Gladion called Ash champion
    The battle between Gladion and Ash was referenced as “who will be the first Alola champion”

Ash is the champion.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  11. Power Up

Power Up ...

I hope Kukui claps Ash into the stratosphere :cool:

12. Sham

I thought you liked Ash? Or it because it’s Sun and Moon Ash you hope he loses?

13. Power Up

Power Up ...

Yes to both questions, but there's a lot of nuance and specific reasoning as to exactly why I want Ash to lose. It's not just because " hurr durr SM ASH succs " as one would have you believe...

14. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi Parfait addict

Pretty ridiculous how they're pushing Naganadel for this battle. From a pathetic Poipole that never did anything noteworthy while it was around, to now coming back as a freebie power up for Ash.

Pokegirl Fan~ and mehmeh1 like this.
  15. Sham

I mean is it really that different from Noviern doing the bare minimum yet evolving and participating in the league? The only difference is who was under Ash’s membership.

16. Red and Blue

To be fair a lot of Ash's Pokemon did their own training while at Oak's lab as shown in the Sinnoh League. It's possible Poipole decided to train in order to protect it's home

17. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi Parfait addict

Noivern jobbed which was justifiable given that it did the bare minimum. Poipole did even less than the bare minimum that Noibat did, got released (atleast Goodra got released as a Goodra, so it evolved under Ash), and is now back as a really strong and hyped up Pokemon which all happened off screen. So yes, sounds like a freebie power up to me.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  18. qazplmwsxo

qazplmwsxo Well-Known Member

So the latest Pokefan magazine is not leaked yet?We will get extra news very soon.

19. Sham

If jobbing is a justification for it doing literally nothing then we need to watch this match to see if Naganadel is justified huh?

20. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

It was already confirmed that Pokefan had got pushed back a week, so instead of coming out this week it's coming out next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.