• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 29th: SM141 - Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

It's to early to tell at this point. It could be anything from the masked royal or conclusion of the guzzlord plot to the awards ceremony and post league celebrations.
I think it’s the conclusion of the Guzzlord plot and I think that they are hiding the title is because Dia and his Zeraora are coming back to help Ash and company defeat it.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I think it’s the conclusion of the Guzzlord plot and I think that they are hiding the title is because Dia and his Zeraora are coming back to help Ash and company defeat it.

Why hide that though? It's either to do with sword and shield or more likely the title references the name of the league winner

andrewscott48209

I don't think that this is the conclusion of Guzzlord. I think it is a buildup episode for the battle with the Masked Royal The reason I think this is because this episode is written by Atsohiro Tomioka. Episode 140 is written by Shoji Yonemura. He's the one who wrote the 4 part Necrozma arc, as well as the two part Guzzlord arc. So if episode 141 was the conclusion of the previous episode, then it would have been written by Shoji Yonemura, and not Atsohiro Tomioka.

I also believe that the reason for this episode not having a title is that it has the name of the winner of the Alola league. So this means that if Gladion wins, then he will face the Masked Royal. If Ash wins, then he faces the Masked Royal. I do not think that if Gladion wins, he would just give up his chance to face the Masked Royal for any reason. If he wants to prove to himself that he will be strong enough to find and save his father, then his best opportunity to prove himself is not to beat Ash, but to beat the Masked Royal. And if this battle is a full 6v6 battle, then he might borrow the ride Noivern, and his mother's Absol. If I remember correctly, it was in episode 53,that Gladion revealed that he used to train with his mother's Absol. So Absol would most likely be the best Pokémon for Gladion to borrow.

And if Ash wins the Alola league, and it's a full 6v6 battle, then he has a few options for his 6th member.
His first option is to use one of his reserve members to fill the 6th slot. But the question is which Pokémon does he use? He has 6 regions worth of Pokémon, not to mention his herd of 30 Tauros. How can he choose one of them without making the others feel left out? And no, I don't think that he should just go with Pikachu, Torrecat, and 4 reserves. It wouldn't be right to leave out Rowlet, Lycanroc, and Melmetal, just to hope that he can win with his reserve team. So I think that it would be unlikely for him to use any reserves.

His second option is to bring back Poipole. However, Ash would have to rely on luck to have Poipole come back in the previous episode, as part of their attempt to take out Guzzlord. If Ash and his friends take out Guzzlord without Poipole coming back, then if Ash wants to get Poipole, then he would have to find Solgaleo, convince him to open up an ultra wormhole to Poipole's ultra space, find his Poipole from the entire group of Poipole (though that may be easy if Poipole remembers Ash), and convince it to join Ash's team just this one time, go back, have his full battle, then reopen the Ultra wormhole, and return Poipole back to its Ultra Space. So if Poipole doesn't return in episode 140,then it will not be likely for Ash to use Poipole for the full battle.

His third option is to borrow the ride Garchomp from Lusamine. Lusamine could allow Ash to use the ride Garchomp for the full battle as a reward for saving the Alola region from the Guzzlord from the previous episode. Our she could just outright give the ride Garchomp to Ash (while also giving his friends the ride Pokémon they were using as well, (though I don't know how she would reward Kiawe, because he used his own ride Charizard for the Ultra Guardian missions) for having saved the Alola region countless times and for assisting her with returning the Ultra Beasts to their homes in ultra space). To me this seems like a better possibility than the first two options, though they could still go with one of the first two options

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
His first option is to use one of his reserve members to fill the 6th slot. But the question is which Pokémon does he use? He has 6 regions worth of Pokémon, not to mention his herd of 30 Tauros. How can he choose one of them without making the others feel left out? And no, I don't think that he should just go with Pikachu, Torrecat, and 4 reserves. It wouldn't be right to leave out Rowlet, Lycanroc, and Melmetal, just to hope that he can win with his reserve team. So I think that it would be unlikely for him to use any reserves.

They might have Ash bring back Pokémon they also have plan for him take with him to Galar because they line receives a Regional Variant and it's own Obstagoon.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
It would have to be a pokemon in its first form Pokémon to be that possibility

Or the middle form of a three stage evolutionary line which of course means they won't get an evolution like Obstagoon but either way Ash older Pokémon that fall under both categories.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
His second option is to bring back Poipole. However, Ash would have to rely on luck to have Poipole come back in the previous episode, as part of their attempt to take out Guzzlord. If Ash and his friends take out Guzzlord without Poipole coming back, then if Ash wants to get Poipole, then he would have to find Solgaleo, convince him to open up an ultra wormhole to Poipole's ultra space, find his Poipole from the entire group of Poipole (though that may be easy if Poipole remembers Ash), and convince it to join Ash's team just this one time, go back, have his full battle, then reopen the Ultra wormhole, and return Poipole back to its Ultra Space. So if Poipole doesn't return in episode 140,then it will not be likely for Ash to use Poipole for the full battle.

Luck? This is not real life we're dealing with. This is the series that can and will give Ash a convenient way to reunite with his old Pokémon that we haven't seen for a long time. And we have to ask ourselves... what is the point of bringing back Guzzlord right as the League ended? If it's going to be resolved in the reintroduction episode, why did the writers want to bring it here now rather than say after the Exhibition Match? It's a BLAM episode that would not move the plot forward... unless the events lead up to this episode.

What we do know is that the Ultra Wormhole is likely where Guzzlord came from. And we are not entirely sure what Guzzlord has been doing in the past several episodes after it was banished by Ash and Dia. Maybe, it landed into the place where Poipole resides. And maybe Poipole followed Guzzlord back here.

ShadowForce720

Poipole is equally useless like Larvitar

Not really, while you might not like it Poipole could come back and even evolve and participate in the battle against the Masked Royal and possibly get a win. Also in regards to Larvitar, Ash was just taking care of it until he got it back to it's mother, and it was only around for like 7 episodes before permeantly leaving so it's kind of ridiculous to call Larvitar useless when it was never intended to be a actual part of Ash's team.

At the end of the day we don't know how Poipole would be treated if it came back, heck for all we know it could wind up getting a win in the battle against the Masked Royal, will just have to wait and see.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
Poipole is equally useless like Larvitar

Bevenom didn't really get that many chances to battle, but given that it's an Ultra Beast and has the potential to return to Satoshi's team [possibly even in this episode for all we know], I'd say that it could easily evolve and redeem itself against Kukui-hakase in the exhibition match.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Serebii posted this on the discord this morning.

EEPtjtYX4AAocIW.png

Gladion is nowhere to be seen and Ash is standing next to MR.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

IkeBayern

I would assume that the title for this episode spoils who actually won the league, the episode would probably have to be titled something like “Satoshi vs Masked Royal” making it obvious that Ash won the league

Correct me if I’m wrong but they were having some contest in Japan to predict who would win the Alola League and one lucky person from those who predicted the correct result would get a trip to Hawaii..

Guess they don’t want to spoil it before Sunday because everyone will vote for Ash instead of Gladion if they revealed the episode title before the actual episode airs..

Status
Not open for further replies.