• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 29th: SM141 - Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
It might be simpler
One champion from each region, with Ash representing Alola or Galar if he wins again, there is 8 already
Then we would have a "master league" with every battle shown like in Alola(but 6v6 I hope)
8>4>Finals(probably edgelord character vs Ash for the fourth time)

ShadowForce720

It might be simpler
One champion from each region, with Ash representing Alola or Galar if he wins again, there is 8 already
Then we would have a "master league" with every battle shown like in Alola(but 6v6 I hope)
8>4>Finals(probably edgelord character vs Ash for the fourth time)

Well to add on to what your saying what if some of the characters that are in this proposed "master league" are some of Ash's past rivals mix with some new characters, as this would make things interesting as we would get to see Ash rematch some of his previous rivals and get some rivals being paired up against each other or new characters providing some interesting match ups.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I see,nice analysis.If there are 7 MCs + Ash I can see all 8 of them advancing to Top 8. I just hope Galar region doesn't have skips(like Alola)maybe one with Ash.But I want Galar league to be amazing as hype as Sinnoh.We need a league that can be compared to Sinnoh one,TBH

And they can reach that level if they actually attempt to build up an important, narrative-driven rivalry, and show us all of the battles (Alola did this too, but we need actually well-written matches like Sinnoh). With recent Leagues, it’s either been one or the other. Get a lot of battles, but only a handful are good. Or get like two, but have them all be fairly great. Quality should prevail over quantity, but the writers have proven that they don’t have to choose because they’ve demonstrated that they can do both fairly well.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The formula is still 100% dead.

People who want Gyms → Elite Four → Champion in the anime will not get it in Galar, so if they're twisting Alola as illegitimate, Galar is little better. Ash was shown in Hoenn and Sinnoh to be fully capable of winning the Pokemon League with a little luck, but whenever he'd battle an Elite Four he was always crushed. So there was a major gap between "league winner" and "elite four" that he could not bridge in either Sinnoh or Kalos.

I agree that there should have at least been Kahuna battles to enter, but that probably excludes Guzma and Team Skull. Trials allows Team Rocket, but still excludes Team Skull. Guzma was the strongest trainer in the tournament and would have been barred because of requirements he actively didn't want to do.

In BW, the three mini tournaments were all better than the Pokemon League. The Junior Cup even had a Gym Leader (Cilian) and Dawn participate, which made it feel much grander and climactic. There were competitors in those three who were also stronger than league participants like the Throh guy and Iris. When I watched the BW league for the first time I thought it was watered down because Iris wasn't participating. Her Dragonite alone had the coverage, power and typing to sweep Cameron's entire team.

The badge requirement is stupid. People care about strength. Everyone would complain about the Pokemon League if a bunch of Ritchies showed up with 8 badges. Ritchie himself, who barely beat Ash despite Ash having a tired team, was weaker than everyone who made it to Top 16 in Alola.
My proposed requirement would've been a Z-ring. That way it'd make sense for Lillie, Soph, and Mallow to get theirs in such quick succession. As for Guzma, he should've beaten up Hiroki or the TRio, stolen their ring, signed in, and as soon as his first match is about to begin, he shows it to everyone before smashing it to pieces

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
The formula is still 100% dead.

People who want Gyms → Elite Four → Champion in the anime will not get it in Galar, so if they're twisting Alola as illegitimate, Galar is little better. Ash was shown in Hoenn and Sinnoh to be fully capable of winning the Pokemon League with a little luck, but whenever he'd battle an Elite Four he was always crushed. So there was a major gap between "league winner" and "elite four" that he could not bridge in either Sinnoh or Kalos.

I agree that there should have at least been Kahuna battles to enter, but that probably excludes Guzma and Team Skull. Trials allows Team Rocket, but still excludes Team Skull. Guzma was the strongest trainer in the tournament and would have been barred because of requirements he actively didn't want to do.

In BW, the three mini tournaments were all better than the Pokemon League. The Junior Cup even had a Gym Leader (Cilian) and Dawn participate, which made it feel much grander and climactic. There were competitors in those three who were also stronger than league participants like the Throh guy and Iris. When I watched the BW league for the first time I thought it was watered down because Iris wasn't participating. Her Dragonite alone had the coverage, power and typing to sweep Cameron's entire team.

The badge requirement is stupid. People care about strength. Everyone would complain about the Pokemon League if a bunch of Ritchies showed up with 8 badges. Ritchie himself, who barely beat Ash despite Ash having a tired team, was weaker than everyone who made it to Top 16 in Alola.
. What formula is dead? Galar is not little better but better. It still requires 8 badges to enter the league while Alola is free for all.Alola would be close to it if they put Kahunas challenge.
Tournaments being better than league doesn't determine their importance over a league.Sinnoh >>>>>>>>>>>Kanto yet they are on same pedestal.I already explained this on thread: "is Alola league real".Preference =\= importance when it comes to that JC was watered down compared to Don and I found Don tournaments better than Kanto league. Why would you be sad fo that when Iris didn't get badges.
Makes no sense.Also strength doesn't determine importance over a league.I already explained that( about strength of characters in the league) on that mentioned thread if you wanna you can read it and probably respond to it. I'd probably c-p it but I am on mobile right now. I will do i later if you didn't read it.No I am pretty sure Hydreigon would beat that Dragonite after D battles per say Samurrot. Badge requirement is stupid?Wrong. If it was we wouldn't have badges in all regions except one hell even in games we have kahunas and totems which are similiar to badges in order to get into a league.You so understand that Ritchie guy only appear when Ash was noob and and Ritchie level characters are CoTDs. Also understand that even Kalos and Sinnoh leagues have had Ritchie level characters before Ash or maybe even after. Leagues happen like every year or so.When Ash was in Kalos league ,Unova league happens with Megas. Now Misty and Brock (gym leaders)have Mega that literally means no more Ritchie level characters in the leagues lol.Seriously I had explained that on that thread.Point is just because certain characters appear in those leagues when Ash took place doesn't mean same leveled characters appear later in those leagues when Ash leaves.

Last edited:

Revolver Furious Dragon

Another discussion about Alola League being real or not? The title can't come soon enough
I wonder which day of the week we are going to get it...

Probably Saturday. Makes sense to release it with the summary

game3524

No. It's not dead. I am pretty sure it will happen. Ash won this league which is badge-less. Next league will have badges, so he will lose. Sure, doesn't mean he will as 100% but chances are pretty high and they wouldn't give Ash double victory consecutively, he won BF but lost to SL.

@Zoruagible There's literally no reason to have Ash lose. He already won the League...

Against Kukui ? If it's so, just because Ash won the league doesn't mean he will win against Kukui. Lmao. Kukui is a champion, sure he's not Champion level threat( at best E4 level) and you think Ash's current SM team would beat E4? Lol no. If Ash uses his strongest reserves than yes he has a chance, but still I see Kukui winning if Kukui is at least E4.

I wasn't talking about the badge quest.

I was talking about the formulaic approach/structure that Pokemon had from Johto to XY. Those days are long gone.

Anyway, I do agree with Doppelgänger that the badge quest shouldn't come back. It is completely stale and repetitive. Instead, replace them with sponsors. With sponsors, you don't have to segregate the other supporting characters from participating and it could help prevent future Serenas (characters who get stuck with crappy goals because battling/badge quest was exclusively reserved for Ash).

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I wasn't talking about the badge quest.

I was talking about the formulaic approach/structure that Pokemon had from Johto to XY. Those days are long gone.

Anyway, I do agree with Doppelgänger that the badge quest shouldn't come back. It is completely stale and repetitive. Instead, replace them with sponsors. With sponsors, you don't have to segregate the other supporting characters from participating and it could help prevent future Serenas (characters who get stuck with crappy goals because battling/badge quest was exclusively reserved for Ash).
Can you elaborate on what do you mean by old formula? Are you talking about fillers or league structure( like no E4)? If so, give me a proof it's dead. Just because something doesn't appear for gen or two doesn't mean it's dead. E4 can easily happen in next gen. Also in USUM there is E4 IIRC. Also, just because it doesn't have 4 people doesn't mean like everything has changed. It's still is league where you battle badges -> battling people -> Champion. There could be like SHSW sequels with E4 anyway.

I don't mind badges, but they should've been done differently similar to Orange Islands like you need to race , create something and battle.But what do you expect? Pokemon is about battling, so no matter what you look at, there will be battles in the end.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Rock Captain 99 said:
Has it happened before, that the title is not announced for an episode, even though the episode that airs next has a title?

I can't remember any similar case before, although in this situation where there was a big spoiler that they were trying to hide [Satoshi winning the Alola League] it's understandable that the title for this episode would be kept a secret.

Epicocity

I can't remember any similar case before, although in this situation where there was a big spoiler that they were trying to hide [Satoshi winning the Alola League] it's understandable that the title for this episode would be kept a secret.
I feel like this would be valid...if they hadn't casually spoiled that very event a good three days before it aired...

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I find it odd we know SM142 but SM141 not?
Well, I'd say it's because it spoils the Champion, but it's way too late for that to be the case.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Well, I'd say it's because it spoils the Champion, but it's way too late for that to be the case.
The only other possible reason is that the title contains the name of a character or Pokemon in Sword & Shield who is currently unrevealed.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Not really. They couldn't reveal the title with the others because of the contest in Japan. They probably haven't revealed it yet because they decided to wait until they release the cast list and summary

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Not really. They couldn't reveal the title with the others because of the contest in Japan. They probably haven't revealed it yet because they decided to wait until they release the cast list and summary
But the contest is definitely over, and there's no reason to still be so tight-lipped about it. Especially since we have the one afterward already. Although I guess we'll get the summary for certain in a few days.

Revolver Furious Dragon

But the contest is definitely over, and there's no reason to still be so tight-lipped about it. Especially since we have the one afterward already. Although I guess we'll get the summary for certain in a few days.

Yes the contest is over but my point was why make a special announcement for just one title when it makes more sense to wait until they release the summary and reveal it then

Status
Not open for further replies.