• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 29th: SM141 - Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the way they have highlighted Naganadel, it sure is going to have its shining time. Maybe that means nothing since I can't read texts, but I hope it does. Can someone please translate what is written in the poster!

Edit: why only 5 pokemon of Kukui are listed here?? Cameron again?
Oh man, 5 vs 6 would suck...

Revolver Furious Dragon

I'm still rolling with the idea that it's Marshadow.

On Twitter, there are people pointing out that it's Zeraora due to all the matches in the opening having rematches in the league (Dusk/Midnight, Rowlet/Decidueye, Torracat/Incineroar) but Pikachu didn't have a rivalry with Zeraora. What's more, Pikachu has already battled Zeraora twice between M21 and the anime.

He needs to avenge his loss to Marshadow from M20.

I've seen a few people suggesting marshadow. Is there any evidence for it or just wishful thinking?

Zeraora makes sense I suppose since kukui does have electrium z but I doubt they would hide something like that or marshadow, given how much various sources like to spoil

A galar Pokémon I could definitely see them hiding, especially if it's one that hasn't been revealed yet.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Wondering how big is the chance of Lucario or Venusaur MegaEvolving.

The team is quite interesting to say the least. Totally different from his in game team.

So he did not lie with no other Pokemon having Electric moves bar Lucario.

Still wondering what's the 6th.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I'm against Zeraora for the reason you pointed out: Kukui said in SM140 he doesn't have a Pokemon that can use an Electric-type move. It would be really stupid for him to suddenly have Zeraora after saying something like that, when the safety of Alola was at stake.

For Marshadow, it's not wishful. Marshadow would destroy Ash if he actually had one...I'd rather not Kukui have such an OP Pokemon.

It's more that the Gen VII era only had two movies, with two Mythicals, and Pikachu happened to battle both in those movies. Prior to this, Pikachu didn't battle the Mythical Pokemon, usually Ash & friends tried to help them out (Victini, Keldeo, Diancie, Volcanion/Magearna) or a legend battled them (Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Genesect, Hoopa).

Then when Zeraora surprisingly debut in the main series and battled Pikachu, I thought it was possible Marshadow has more than a cameo and plays a bigger role in Alola. So far, all of the Gen VII Mythicals have big roles in the cast, except Marshadow.

Ok I can see that. Marshadow having a role here would make a bit of sense in that regard.

As for what kukui said in SM140 my thoughts was that when he said it he meant he didn't have an electric type or move on him at that moment in time

TheScentedApple

Also worth noting: as of SM140, Rotom has dex'd every Alola Pokemon except Marshadow (since I assume he got updated for Guzzlord and Naganadel). During the events of the Marshadow cameo, the Rotom-Wash took a picture but deleted the entry, and Rotom himself couldn't photograph it and wasn't in his pokedex to search what Marshadow was.

I really doubt this, some that come to mind are Araquanid, Toxapex and Kommo-o, even then, things like Type:Null haven't actually had a dex entry read out about them, and some Dex entries have been from James' book of all things, such as Oranguru's anime pokedex entry

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So now my heart tells me Marshadow but my brain believes it's rather a Gen 8 Pokemon...

qazplmwsxo

None of kukui's 4 remaining pokemon are iconic enough .I think it is either Incineroar or some legendary to be his last pokemon.

Revolver Furious Dragon

None of kukui's 4 remaining pokemon are iconic enough .I think it is either Incineroar or some legendary to be his last pokemon.

I doubt it's incineroar since it's out first and battling at least 2 of ash's pokemon.

To me a gen 8 Mon seems most likely at this point

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Kukui's team is definitely interesting. I have daid it before and since there are only 5 pokemon of Kukui spoiled, that (hopefully) he has a Galar pokemon.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
1. I doubt he's using only 5 Pokemon. 2.They hid it so I think it could be Gen 8 Pokemon, but that won't happen until SM142.I don't think it's Marshadow.

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion
I doubt he’s only using 5 Pokemon. Remember when a lot of people thought Alain wasn’t going to use 6 Pokemon in the Kalos League until the preview for that episode revealed Bisharp and Unfezant? Up until then we only had his other 4 Pokemon, 2 of which via a scan. So it’s not out of the question that they’re keeping it a secret because it’s a legendary/gen 8 Pokemon.

I’m thinking this battle will end in ep143 with Ash facing whatever the final Pokemon is

p96822

Evolve me please
Also worth noting: as of SM140, Rotom has dex'd every Alola Pokemon except Marshadow (since I assume he got updated for Guzzlord and Naganadel). During the events of the Marshadow cameo, the Rotom-Wash took a picture but deleted the entry, and Rotom himself couldn't photograph it and wasn't in his pokedex to search what Marshadow was.

Not true. Rotom dex didn’t dex every single Alolan Pokémon. Alolan Sandslash, Grimer and Muk and Araquanid

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Just wait for Ash to lose before Kukui uses his sixth and that's why it isn't shown in the scan
I still would consider it as an achievement as I was really scared that it will end as 6vs1 or 6vs3 at most.

Currently I believe he will lose against the 6th one.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Venusaur is a surprise, along with Empoleon

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
What if he uses the final evo of a Galar starter? Anyways, whatever happens, Pikachu is definitely fighting the mysterious #6

Status
Not open for further replies.