• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 29th: SM141 - Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Well at least this means Nagandel won't be another jobbing dragon. At the very least it should take down at least one Pokemon

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
It's unlikely, but even with two powerhouses like Naganadel and Melmetal, I would like to see an evolution during this battle.
+ The most likely would be Torracat into Incineroar.
+ However, even with the circunstances, I would like to see Rowlet evolving into Dartrix.

I'm sorry, but it's the same story that Corphish all over. Corphish could have evolved into Crawdaunt and turned into Ash's first Dark Type, but I think they avoided because Crawdaunt was used by several bad guys (mainly, Team Aqua). Now, if Rowlet would evolve into Dartrix AND Decidueye, he could become Ash's first official Ghost Type (not counting Haunter).

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
So Nagandel will probably be the last one standing then? Also looks like Incineroar will be recalled
I say be mindful of taking these scans seriously I’ve come to find out they tend to be over exaggerated. Pokefan talking about how Lillie and Shiron “push Gladio and Blacky to their limits!” or speculation about Shaymin’s battle strength when it never battled or during XY scans talking about how Millefeui “also has a crush on Satoshi” as inconsistencies or exaggerations that didn’t match up with the actual content. But that seems to be an anime thing in general as scans for Dragon Ball Super episodes often told outright lies mixed with over exaggerated content.

Basically I personally don’t think Gaogaen’s getting recalled, I think Nyaheat takes it out after Lugarugan softens it up and they just want to hype the ace and most fleshed out Pokemon on Prof. Kukui’s team.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I say be mindful of taking these scans seriously I’ve come to find out they tend to be over exaggerated. Pokefan talking about how Lillie and Shiron “push Gladio and Blacky to their limits!” or speculation about Shaymin’s battle strength when it never battled or during XY scans talking about how Millefeui “also has a crush on Satoshi” as inconsistencies or exaggerations that didn’t match up with the actual content. But that seems to be an anime thing in general as scans for Dragon Ball Super episodes often told outright lies mixed with over exaggerated content.

Basically I personally don’t think Gaogaen’s getting recalled, I think Nyaheat takes it out after Lugarugan softens it up and they just want to hype the ace and most fleshed out Pokemon on Prof. Kukui’s team.
Don't forget "Big and reliable Noivern" and "Definitely skilled Mallow"

Epicocity

Interestingly this seems to note that Ash isn't Champion yet and is merely a League winner by these standards.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Interestingly this seems to note that Ash isn't Champion yet and is merely a League winner by these standards.
Again with the whole “don’t take scans at face value” thing. Satoshi has already been referred to as the same word they use for Shirona/Adele/Daigo/Wataru iirc so he’s the champion for sure and the show hasn’t stated otherwise that this exhibition match with Kukui affects or threatens that.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Again with the whole “don’t take scans at face value” thing. Satoshi has already been referred to as the same word they use for Shirona/Adele/Daigo/Wataru iirc so he’s the champion for sure and the show hasn’t stated otherwise that this exhibition match with Kukui affects or threatens that.
May not officially threaten it, but I can 100% see Ash saying Kukui is the true Champion and voluntarily giving up the title.

Red and Blue

If he gets to keep the title despite losing then I doubt he would give it up voluntarily.

Sham

The Guardian of War
The match was created for the league champion
Gladion called Ash champion
The battle between Gladion and Ash was referenced as “who will be the first Alola champion”

Ash is the champion.

I thought you liked Ash? Or it because it’s Sun and Moon Ash you hope he loses?

Yes to both questions, but there's a lot of nuance and specific reasoning as to exactly why I want Ash to lose. It's not just because " hurr durr SM ASH succs " as one would have you believe...

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Pretty ridiculous how they're pushing Naganadel for this battle. From a pathetic Poipole that never did anything noteworthy while it was around, to now coming back as a freebie power up for Ash.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Pretty ridiculous how they're pushing Naganadel for this battle. From a pathetic Poipole that never did anything noteworthy while it was around, to now coming back as a freebie power up for Ash.
I mean is it really that different from Noviern doing the bare minimum yet evolving and participating in the league? The only difference is who was under Ash’s membership.

Red and Blue

To be fair a lot of Ash's Pokemon did their own training while at Oak's lab as shown in the Sinnoh League. It's possible Poipole decided to train in order to protect it's home

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I mean is it really that different from Noviern doing the bare minimum yet evolving and participating in the league? The only difference is who was under Ash’s membership.

Noivern jobbed which was justifiable given that it did the bare minimum. Poipole did even less than the bare minimum that Noibat did, got released (atleast Goodra got released as a Goodra, so it evolved under Ash), and is now back as a really strong and hyped up Pokemon which all happened off screen. So yes, sounds like a freebie power up to me.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Noivern jobbed which was justifiable given that it did the bare minimum. Poipole did even less than the bare minimum that Noibat did, got released (atleast Goodra got released as a Goodra, so it evolved under Ash), and is now back as a really strong and hyped up Pokemon which all happened off screen. So yes, sounds like a freebie power up to me.
If jobbing is a justification for it doing literally nothing then we need to watch this match to see if Naganadel is justified huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.