• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 29th: SM141 - Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Wait, what? Was it ever stated the Lumiose conference was the first? They said that with Alola, but I'm pretty sure there were prior Kalos leagues.

Yes, there's been previous Kalos Leagues. My point is Alola is the only region in the entire anime that has a "League Champion". Just because winning the Alola league makes you "Champion of the Alola League" does not mean winning the Kalos League makes you "Champion of the Kalos League".

Or in short:
"Winner of the Alola League": Equivalent to "Champion of the Alola League". This is Satoshi.
"Winner of the Kalos League": This is Alan.

"Champion of the Alola League": Equivalent to "winner of the Alola League". This is Satoshi.
"Champion of the Kalos League": This term does not exist.

"Champion of the Kalos region": This is Carne.
"Champion of the Alola region": This term does not exist. (EDIT: It does not exist today. In the past there were people that held this position)

Does this finally clear things up?

Last edited:
Yes, there's been previous Kalos Leagues. My point is Alola is the only region in the entire anime that has a "League Champion". Just because winning the Alola league makes you "Champion of the Alola League" does not mean winning the Kalos League makes you "Champion of the Kalos League".

Or in short:
"Winner of the Alola League": Equivalent to "Champion of the Alola League". This is Satoshi.
"Winner of the Kalos League": This is Alan.

"Champion of the Alola League": Equivalent to "winner of the Alola League". This is Satoshi.
"Champion of the Kalos League": This term does not exist.

"Champion of the Kalos region": This is Carne.
"Champion of the Alola region": This term does not exist.

Does this finally clear things up?
It does for me.

Red and Blue

Interestingly they showed Incineroar and Kukui meditating together in the Oha Suta preview.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Apparently, the dark wrestler isn't that much of a stereotype of rowdy wrestlers. Who knew.

Kukui, let your other teammates meditate with you two. They deserve to prepare together as a nakama/ohana. Have you not learned that from Ash.
He didn’t even invite his lifelong friend Incineroar to his wedding. Guess he doesn’t like having his entire team out

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Apparently, the dark wrestler isn't that much of a stereotype of rowdy wrestlers. Who knew.

Kukui, let your other teammates meditate with you two. They deserve to prepare together as a nakama/ohana. Have you not learned that from Ash.
I'm pretty sure that "nakama" and "ohana" are two separate concepts, as one is "friends/comrades" and the other is "family, and family means no one gets left behind". Though I don't know which Incineroar would fit into, given that we never see it except when Kukui is MR.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Yes this Torracat’s time to shine now. It was able to get one win in this league now it needs to take the next step and beat it’s rival
Yeah, but not in this episode. Has to be the very final match of the league.

I did not watch Kukui shirtless and pretend to be someone else just to have some upstart take the buildup away from the Trial-Hating cat!

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Final beta: will we see aby other of Kukui's Pokemon in 141 besides Incineroar?

Also can't wait for 142 preview.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
No, Satoshi is not the Champion of the Alola region, and the show has never implied he is.

"Alolan Champion" has been used before by someone credible:

SM115
ライチ: 「それわまさにアローラのチャンピオンを決めるバトルだと思います」

Jessie and James both use "Alolan Champion" and "Pokemon League Champion" in the same episode, but they are lazy and not very credible. It could be that different screen writers consider the term interchangeable, or aren't even considering it at all.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls

SM115

Jessie and James both use "Alolan Champion" and "Pokemon League Champion" in the same episode, but they are lazy and not very credible. It could be that different screen writers consider the term interchangeable, or aren't even considering it at all.
The same episode also had Kukui specifically saying that the League was a tournament "to determine the strongest trainer in Alola; The Champion!"
ポケモンリーグは至ってシンプル。 誰がこのアローラ地方で いちばん強いのか チャンピオンを決める大会です。

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

SM115

Indeed, but she wasn't talking about the league there, but about those long-gone battles on Lanakila Mountain. She's not saying the league determines the Champion of the Alola region, but that in the past, Alola used to have battles that did this. They then go on to break down the difference between those battles and the league.

The same episode also had Kukui specifically saying that the League was a tournament "to determine the strongest trainer in Alola; The Champion!"
ポケモンリーグは至ってシンプル。 誰がこのアローラ地方で いちばん強いのか チャンピオンを決める大会です。

Yep. As I've pointed out earlier, they keep calling the winner "Champion of the Alola League", and often just shortening it to "Champion", both in the show itself, in summaries and in magazines. But they never say "Champion of the Alola Region". That was my point when I broke down the terms they use in that earlier post.

(it's also somewhat amusing that the new TV-kun scan spends most of its time talking about how it's a very real possibility that the strongest Trainer in Alola is Kukui and not the fresh champion of the league)

EDIT: Also, another thing that came to mind - remember how they've constantly being going on about "the first ever champion in Alolan history" and all that jazz? In SM115 Lychee specifically mentioned that in the past, Alola DID have regional Champions just like all other regions, complete with some vaguely-alluded to battles for determining who the Champion was. Surely that's a pretty good indication that "the first ever Champion of the Alola League" is something different from these Alolan champions that were a thing in the past, otherwise he wouldn't be the first.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Well looks like no knockouts will happen this episode. Lycanroc gets recalled and Incineroar vs. Torracat will conclude in the following in

Last edited:

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
EDIT: Also, another thing that came to mind - remember how they've constantly being going on about "the first ever champion in Alolan history" and all that jazz? In SM115 Lychee specifically mentioned that in the past, Alola DID have regional Champions just like all other regions, complete with some vaguely-alluded to battles for determining who the Champion was. Surely that's a pretty good indication that "the first ever Champion of the Alola League" is something different from these Alolan champions that were a thing in the past, otherwise he wouldn't be the first.
I wouldn't be surprised if Kukui reveals he used to be one in the past
And later he pulled a Gary and changed his focus to researching

Status
Not open for further replies.