• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 2nd: PM2019 123 - The Semifinals II: Dazzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Are people really pissed that Ash is struggling against CYNTHIA of all people??????
Give me a break
Also by the preview, it seems fairly balanced with Cynthia having the edge
Istg this false narrative of all of Ash's battles being curbstomps until the end has to end

Not necessarily against Cynthia but in general. Ash will lose a Pokemon first giving the opposing trainer the advantage, like VS Korrina, Volkner, Bea, Steven, & assuming Cynthia. Would be a nice change of pace for Ash to knock a pokemon or 2 out & then lose 2-3 Pokemon, but I guess that’s not how they want to portray Ash.

Not necessarily against Cynthia but in general. Ash will lose a Pokemon first giving the opposing trainer the advantage, like VS Korrina, Volkner, Bea, Steven, & assuming Cynthia. Would be a nice change of pace for Ash to knock a pokemon or 2 out & then lose 2-3 Pokemon, but I guess that’s not how they want to portray Ash.
Yes that’s what’s been happening and I hate it. God damn let Ash dominate for once like he’s supossed to

Pepito Chillito

That Spiritomb seems to be causing he*k for Ash in the trailer. Hypnosis + dream eater combo? Ofc Gastrojob loses early again. Cynthia probably would have 3-0'd Iris with Spiritomb and Garchomp alone tbh. Seems like she saved her full power for Ash.

That Spiritomb seems to be causing he*k for Ash in the trailer. Hypnosis + dream eater combo? Ofc Gastrojob loses early again. Cynthia probably would have 3-0'd Iris with Spiritomb and Garchomp alone tbh. Seems like she saved her full power for Ash.
Plus Spiritomb’s Pressure ability.
Since there isn’t really a PP limit in the anime I interpreted Spiritomb’s ability as one that strains the opponent the longer they are out there.

nuzamaki90

I think Dragonite will take down Gastrodon first, giving Ash the immediate advantage only for Spiritomb to quickly humble Ash which is now what I think is what the title is referencing. Cynthia’s Spiritomb was notorious because it was always the first Pokémon to be sent out, it had no weaknesses, and it cause you a lot of trouble from the get go.

ShadowForce720

I think Dragonite will take down Gastrodon first, giving Ash the immediate advantage only for Spiritomb to quickly humble Ash which is now what I think is what the title is referencing. Cynthia’s Spiritomb was notorious because it was always the first Pokémon to be sent out, it had no weaknesses, and it cause you a lot of trouble from the get go.
That order doesn’t really make much sense considering Dragonite and Spiritomb at the first Pokémon sent out while Gastrodon is the 4th Pokémon to be sent out.

Togekiss is the 3rd Pokémon that Cynthia sent out and we see it battle Pikachu which was Ash’s 3rd Pokémon and Pikachu then draws with Spiritomb.

I think it’s much more likely that if Dragonite takes out Gastrodon that it will then be taken out by Togekiss which sets up the Pikachu vs Togekiss battle.

The only way Spiritomb knocking out Dragonite makes sense given everything we see and know about the battle is that it beats Dragonite in their first matchup.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Based on the preview for this match, I could see it end this way.

1. Dragonite vs Spiritomb
Dragonite is recalled after a Hypnosis and Dream Eater Combo.

2. Gengar vs Spiritomb
Gengar gets hit with Hypnosis but pulls off a SE Dazzling Gleam on Spiritomb forcing Cynthia to recall. Gengar knocks off the drowsiness like he did against Marnie.

3. Roserade vs Gengar
Roserade puts up a tough fight but is recalled after Gengar counters it's Grass-type with Will-o-Wisp.

4. Togekiss vs Gengar
Togekiss makes quick work of Gengar despite the type advantage. Gengar is the first Pokémon KO'd for either side.

5. Togekiss vs Pikachu
Togekiss plays around with Pikachu but after Pikachu traps it with Electroweb and is about to finish it with Thunderbolt, Cynthia withdraws and sends out Gastrodon, mimicking Volkner's strategy when Fan Rotom faced Pikachu.

6. Gastrodon vs Pikachu
Pikachu is recalled.

7. Gastrodon vs Dragonite
Dragonite is sent out, still sleeping. But it wakes up after a combination of Rain Dance and Muddy Water. Rain Dance backfires as Dragonite uses Hurricane and KO's Gastrodon.

8. Dragonite vs Spiritomb
2nd round. Dragonite exhausted, is easily KO'd.

9. Pikachu vs Spiritomb
Draw. Episode ends.

nuzamaki90

That order doesn’t really make much sense considering Dragonite and Spiritomb at the first Pokémon sent out while Gastrodon is the 4th Pokémon to be sent out.

Togekiss is the 3rd Pokémon that Cynthia sent out and we see it battle Pikachu which was Ash’s 3rd Pokémon and Pikachu then draws with Spiritomb.

I think it’s much more likely that if Dragonite takes out Gastrodon that it will then be taken out by Togekiss which sets up the Pikachu vs Togekiss battle.

The only way Spiritomb knocking out Dragonite makes sense given everything we see and know about the battle is that it beats Dragonite in their first matchup.
We don’t actually know if Cynthia sends out Spiritomb first in this battle. We see from the scoreboard that Pikachu and Spiritomb do a double knockout, and that Gastrodon is KO’d as well. Either Dragonite or Gengar would have taken out Gastrodon before Spiritomb went down, and since Gengar already got a KO in the Steven battle, I see Gastrodon being Dragonite’s W.

There’s also the possibility that Cynthia switched Spiritomb out with Gastrodon, then brought Spiritomb back in but eh. I still think Ash will get the first win just for Spiritomb to break his pace.

ShadowForce720

We don’t actually know if Cynthia sends out Spiritomb first in this battle. We see from the scoreboard that Pikachu and Spiritomb do a double knockout, and that Gastrodon is KO’d as well. Either Dragonite or Gengar would have taken out Gastrodon before Spiritomb went down, and since Gengar already got a KO in the Steven battle, I see Gastrodon being Dragonite’s W.

There’s also the possibility that Cynthia switched Spiritomb out with Gastrodon, then brought Spiritomb back in but eh. I still think Ash will get the first win just for Spiritomb to break his pace.
No, actually we do know the order the Pokémon are sent out by looking at their position in the scoreboard. And what the Scoreboard shows is this is the order the Pokémon are sent out in by both sides:

Ash:
1.Dragonite
2.Gengar
3.Pikachu
4.Dracovish
5.Sirfetch’d
6.Lucario

Cynthia:
1.Spiritomb
2.Roserade
3.Togekiss
4.Gastrodon
5.Garchomp
6.Milotic

So Dragonite and Spiritomb are confirmed to be first ones sent out.

tsunamimijumaru

No, actually we do know the order the Pokémon are sent out by looking at their position in the scoreboard. And what the Scoreboard shows is this is the order the Pokémon are sent out in by both sides:

Ash:
1.Dragonite
2.Gengar
3.Pikachu
4.Dracovish
5.Sirfetch’d
6.Lucario

Cynthia:
1.Spiritomb
2.Roserade
3.Togekiss
4.Gastrodon
5.Garchomp
6.Milotic

Oh Garchomp is Cynthia's 5th? Been trying to look at the scoreboard during the section Lucario is going beast mode on togekiss but it's really hard.

ShadowForce720

Oh Garchomp is Cynthia's 5th? Been trying to look at the scoreboard during the section Lucario is going beast mode on togekiss but it's really hard.
Yeah, basically although you have to look closely at the scoreboard in the Lucario vs Togekiss fight you can see by the time of that fight Ash is down to just his last Pokémon being his Lucario with the 6th position for his team on the scoreboard being the only position left on his side still lit up.

While on Cynthia side you can see she is down to just 2 Pokémon left being her Togekiss and Garchomp with the 3rd and 5th positions on her side of the scoreboard being the only ones still lit up on her team.

nuzamaki90

Ash:
1.Dragonite
2.Gengar
3.Pikachu
4.Dracovish
5.Sirfetch’d
6.Lucario

Cynthia:
1.Spiritomb
2.Roserade
3.Togekiss
4.Gastrodon
5.Garchomp
6.Milotic

Ah I see what you are saying now. There’s definitely a lot of switching going on then because when Pikachu and Spiritomb double KO Cynthia at that point already has sent out Togekiss, Roserade, and Gastrodon as well. So it’s still up in the air exactly if Dragonite and Gengar even get KO’d by Spiritomb in the first place.

tsunamimijumaru

Man I miss the battle predictions. It was a constant thing before SM but during the SM/JN era its really fallen off.

Dragonite vs Spiritomb (Dragonite recalled)
Gengar vs Spiritomb (Spiritomb recalled)
Gengar vs Roserade (Gengar recalled)
Dragonite vs Roserade (Roserade recalled)
Dragonite vs Togekiss (Dragonite recalled)
Pikachu vs Togekiss (Togekiss recalled)
Pikachu vs Gastrodon (Pikachu recalled)
Gengar vs Gastrodon (Gastrodon wins)
Dragonite vs Gastrodon (Dragonite wins)
Dragonite vs Spiritomb (Spiritomb wins)
Pikachu vs Spiritomb (Draw)

Dracovish vs Roserade (Dracovish wins)
Dracovish vs Garchomp (Garchomp wins & recalled)
Sirfetch'd vs Milotic (Sirfetch'd wins)
Sirfetch'd vs Togekiss (Togekiss wins)
Lucario vs Togekiss (Lucario wins)
Lucario vs Garchomp (Lucario wins)

Last edited:

tsunamimijumaru

Yeah, basically although you have to look closely at the scoreboard in the Lucario vs Togekiss fight you can see by the time of that fight Ash is down to just his last Pokémon being his Lucario with the 6th position for his team on the scoreboard being the only position left on his side still lit up.

While on Cynthia side you can see she is down to just 2 Pokémon left being her Togekiss and Garchomp with the 3rd and 5th positions on her side of the scoreboard being the only ones still lit up on her team.

Nice find. I knew Lucario was last but couldn't see what the situation was like on Cynthia's side. Glad this is the case as this means Garchomp will more than likely score a KO. I was afraid it was gonna get the same treatment as Stevens Metagross.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
By the way, Pokedoko is doing a Master Eight promo episode next week in time for the Satoshi/Shirona match, with Yamashita as a guest:

It's time for the Pokédoko Masters Tournament, which Go is moving along! The winner can become Dande?! Nail a Pyro Ball just like Aceburn!
We'll also have Daiki Yamashita's Pokémogu! And the giveaway campaign too!

Summary:
Beroba Matsumaru finally evolves into Ohlonge Matsumaru!! Let's all work together and try solving the ultimate riddle!! Have the answers from earlier episodes ready and get the prizes!!

Cast:
Ryogo Matsumaru
Hikaru Takahashi
Abareru-kun
Shoko Nakagawa (voice of Koccar)
Guests: Daiki Yamashita, Ohlonge Matsumaru and Sunshine Ikezaki

Status
Not open for further replies.