• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 2nd: PM2019 123 - The Semifinals II: Dazzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I need confirmation on this. JN’s production has been a mess that I don’t think the writers would give themselves more work they can’t do. Why trip over themselves trying to cram a 6v6 into one episode when it’d be easier on themselves to just make it another 3v3 which even then they have serious trouble with?

So they can skimp on the animation by having super quick KOs?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Semantics. The fact remains that the time spent in the other episode was so miniscule, it might as well have been placed at the beginning of the next episode instead.
And it basically was due to recaps

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
The "only" time Ash was dominated fully and then in the end magically wins was Ash vs Drasna. Struggling is normal and should happen against every trainer. Raihan, Steven, Marnie, Volkner were all well balanced with a back and through before Ash won in the end. And no, just because he used a gimmick it isn't plot Armor

With Bea, both interpretations work. It was a back and forth and Ash did have strats but Lucario taking all those moves was kinda BSey, as was the final showdown

If anything ash dominated marnie for most of the match, marnie was the one who ended up playing catchup most of the match.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I wonder how Cynthia could lose without losing her dignity
Another question is given the time span of this battle will they even have him use all of his Pokémon on her like Leon and Alain

Sham

I guess alot of double knockouts and one-shots. Heck, they can barley write a decent 3vs3, a 6vs6 is just scary in their hands.
It’s weird that thinking Gengar is gonna stop Garchomp’s career in a few shots

Sham

That or Mega Lucario. Which is equally worse in my opinion, since both have a Ground weaknesses.

My prediction:
Sirfechted jobs
Dracovish double ko
Pikachu loses to M Garchomp.
Gengar draws
M Lucario defeats M Garchomp
Dragonite draws.
Really?

Come to think of it. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gengar is the Pokémon that jobs after GMAXING but failing to do much and Dragonite finishes it. I don’t think Garchomp is taking out two of his Pokémon but you could be right. Perhaps Lucario is being saved for Leon’s ace so he fights Glaceon, the slug etc?

Yours seems very realistic as well. The Tyson battle had a decent amount of jobbers like Glalie so wouldn’t be surprised if Sirfetch and Gengar are sacrificed

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Really?

Come to think of it. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gengar is the Pokémon that jobs after GMAXING but failing to do much and Dragonite finishes it. I don’t think Garchomp is taking out two of his Pokémon but you could be right. Perhaps Lucario is being saved for Leon’s ace so he fights Glaceon, the slug etc?

Yours seems very realistic as well
I mean I just looked how most journeys 3vs3 battles are written since the Hyper Class:
-1st pokemon jobs on one of the two sides (Sirfechted, Gengar,Dragonite)
-2nd Pokémon does alot of work and defeats one or two Pokémon (Lucario and Gengar both draw vs Luxray/Goodra)
3rd Pokémon battles last Pokémon.

Just add a couple of draws and jobbers and you got a battle.

Sham

I mean I just looked how most journeys 3vs3 battles are written since the Hyper Class:
-1st pokemon jobs on one of the two sides (Sirfechted, Gengar,Dragonite)
-2nd Pokémon does alot of work and defeats one or two Pokémon (Lucario and Gengar both draw vs Luxray/Goodra)
3rd Pokémon battles last Pokémon.

Just add a couple of draws and jobbers and you got a battle.
Honestly the only good battles we’ve had as of recently is the Bea battles, Iris vs Cynthia, Diantha vs Lance (but heavy points that none of those Pokémon moved so debatable) and Volkner (heavy points lost thought because of how he won). Why are they doing a full battle in a single episode? Who knows.

It’s so funny that Bea got multiple episodes for her battle and we’re getting a single here.

That’s true. I think he’ll have two jobbers but I don’t think it’ll both be because of Garchomp. Milotic was pretty scary and easily took out Dragonite so wouldn’t be surprised.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Honestly the only good battles we’ve had as of recently is the Bea battles, Iris vs Cynthia, Diantha vs Lance (but heavy points that none of those Pokémon moved so debatable) and Volkner (heavy points lost thought because of how he won). Why are they doing a full battle in a single episode? Who knows.

It’s so funny that Bea got multiple episodes for her battle and we’re getting a single here.

That’s true. I think he’ll have two jobbers but I don’t think it’ll both be because of Garchomp. Milotic was pretty scary and easily took out Dragonite so wouldn’t be surprised.
Also the sound of "Cynthia is dominating Ash in the battle" doesn't make me excited.Considering the last Pokémon needs the most screentime in the episode the rest needs to be beaten pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.