• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 2nd: PM2019 123 - The Semifinals II: Dazzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Probably, my bet is Dracovish
I was hoping the poor thing would get a win in at least one of the battles. I think Sir Fetch'd or Gengar may get jobbed, or they job Dracovish again and have it get a win against Leon instead lol I refuse to think they'll Torterra this mon

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I commend pikachu jobbing early here. It’s more tactical from Cynthia’s part take down the main ace first and limit Ash’s tactics.

Yeah, it’s dumb tension, but it’s a different beginning for a change. Even if garchomp vs lucario is already confirmed, I hope the other matches are at least decent. I mean, they can’t make this more boring than with Steven, since vs cradily was the only decent fight there.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I commend pikachu jobbing early here. It’s more tactical from Cynthia’s part take down the main ace first and limit Ash’s tactics.

Yeah, it’s dumb tension, but it’s a different beginning for a change. Even if garchomp vs lucario is already confirmed, I hope the other matches are at least decent. I mean, they can’t make this more boring than with Steven, since vs cradily was the only decent fight there.
I expect some draws and jobbers in the process. I just hope the Pokémon do more than just standing here like Gengar vs Aggron, that was just outright bad. Dodging and counter an attack doesn't really seem a thing anymore.

Master Pikachu 11

I honestly wouldn't even mind that (cause at this is Cynthia, it would make sense!) But the same thing happened to half of his other PWC matches. Basically is the same pattern over again:

1)He suffers

In the most cases leading to an easy job/knockout: Dragonite in Ash vs Raihan or Sirfechted in Ash vs Bea

2)He comes back

One Pokémon defeating one or multiple members of the team:
Lucario in both Bea vs Ash and Volkner vs Ash or Gengar in Ash vs Raihan

3) The last Pokémon defeating his opponent in an anticlimactic way:
Pikachus 10MVTB in Ash vs Steven and Ash vs Volkner
Lucario with Mega Evolution in Ash vs Bea or Dynamax Aura Sphere in Ash vs Raihan

Example:
Ash vs BeaAsh vs RaihanAsh vs StevenAsh vs Volkner
Pokémon 1Sirfechted
Faints
Dragonite
Faints
Dracovish
Faints
Gengar Faints
Pokemon 2Pikachu
Defeats 1 Pokemon
Gengar defeats 2 PokemonGengar Defeats 1 PokemonLucario defeats 2 Pokemon
Pokemon 3Lucario defeats 2 Pokemon Lucario defeats 1 Pokemon Pikachu defeats 2 Pokemon Pikachu defeats 1 Pokemon

We can take this even further in other M8 battles:
Cynthia vs IrisAlain vs LeonLance vs Diantha
Pokemon 1Gastrodon
Faints
Chesnaught faintsAurorus faints
Pokemon 2Dragonite faintsMalamar faintsGyarados faints
Pokemon 3Garchomp defeats 1 PokemonCharizard defeats 2 pokemonGardevoir defeats 2

The only difference between this and a 6vs6 battle is that it is on a bigger scale. Kinda feel like it will go similar.. Journeys patterns are just kinda predictable

Sorry for the rant.
In the Raihan battle and Volkner battle both Gengar and Lucario had a draw with Goodra and Luxray respectively so they only had one win not two, but I still get the point that you are making though

I honestly wouldn't even mind that (cause at this is Cynthia, it would make sense!) But the same thing happened to half of his other PWC matches. Basically is the same pattern over again:

1)He suffers

In the most cases leading to an easy job/knockout: Dragonite in Ash vs Raihan or Sirfechted in Ash vs Bea

2)He comes back

One Pokémon defeating one or multiple members of the team:
Lucario in both Bea vs Ash and Volkner vs Ash or Gengar in Ash vs Raihan

3) The last Pokémon defeating his opponent in an anticlimactic way:
Pikachus 10MVTB in Ash vs Steven and Ash vs Volkner
Lucario with Mega Evolution in Ash vs Bea or Dynamax Aura Sphere in Ash vs Raihan

Example:
Ash vs BeaAsh vs RaihanAsh vs StevenAsh vs Volkner
Pokémon 1Sirfechted
Faints
Dragonite
Faints
Dracovish
Faints
Gengar Faints
Pokemon 2Pikachu
Defeats 1 Pokemon
Gengar defeats 2 PokemonGengar Defeats 1 PokemonLucario defeats 2 Pokemon
Pokemon 3Lucario defeats 2 Pokemon Lucario defeats 1 Pokemon Pikachu defeats 2 Pokemon Pikachu defeats 1 Pokemon

We can take this even further in other M8 battles:
Cynthia vs IrisAlain vs LeonLance vs Diantha
Pokemon 1Gastrodon
Faints
Chesnaught faintsAurorus faints
Pokemon 2Dragonite faintsMalamar faintsGyarados faints
Pokemon 3Garchomp defeats 1 PokemonCharizard defeats 2 pokemonGardevoir defeats 2

The only difference between this and a 6vs6 battle is that it is on a bigger scale. Kinda feel like it will go similar.. Journeys patterns are just kinda predictable

Sorry for the rant.
THIS IS WHAT IVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY ITS THE SAME FORMAT

Sham

The Guardian of War
Safe to say that it really doesn't matter who's has had more seniority over someone else to dictate power levels.
Incorrect. It’s safe so say that beyond Ash’s experience, sensical logic and training doesn’t dictate power levels make sense unless your Ash

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
So I guess Jyararanga won’t get its turn, lame. Guess they’re really wanted to stick to the Platinum Team; that being said seeing Togekiss and Mikurage/Spiritomb >>>>

Happy to see the KAAANNNNnntttooooo team going down and getting saved by the Galar Duo with Lucario on the endgame.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Dang, the writers quick eliminating the previous Kairyu made me think the improved Draco Meteor would be important but Kairyu won’t even meet Gablias. That kind of sucks.

Also if onion duck and abomination fossil will holding it down. I desperately need to see their friendship once more, maybe encouraging one another. It’s also insane to think the duck may harm Gablias.

Broseph08

Are people really pissed that Ash is struggling against CYNTHIA of all people??????
Give me a break
Also by the preview, it seems fairly balanced with Cynthia having the edge
Istg this false narrative of all of Ash's battles being curbstomps until the end has to end
Right lol. In the preview, he's lost 3 Pokémon while Cynthia has lost 2. She's ahead but she's certainly not curb stomping him. It's a relatively close match and really just means that Lucario will get at least two wins which was always a given.

Status
Not open for further replies.