• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 3rd: PM2019 079 - The Moon and the Sun; Koharu and Haruhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

Literally what I wondered earlier. Sakura is an established recurring character back in the Johto series' and her and her sisters have lots of Eeveelutions between them. The only thing going for the CotD is that she's a clone (not that it'll have much bearing at the end of the day outside of being a gimmick).
Very good question

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Oh so the girl is a true clone not a subtle one like Masato’s double…hmm…feels like a mandated Eevee episode more than anything I can bring myself to get super engrossed in plot wise. I wish all this Koharu focus could translate into me being 100% invested in her character. I guess this could be a first for Eevee battling to truly beat the enemy of the episode alone too.
Hopefully the fact that his is a literal clone of Koharu will result in more focus on the girl herself. It's a shame that her episodes have been taken over by Eevee episodes. I liked the Ponyta one though. It would have been a much better partner for her, even with her indecisiveness storyline (which they seem set on dragging out), and some much needed Galar representation.

I hope they are building up to something more interesting than just 'Be yourself and you don't need to choose'.

D

Deleted member 384931

Hopefully the fact that his is a literal clone of Koharu will result in more focus on the girl herself. It's a shame that her episodes have been taken over by Eevee episodes. I liked the Ponyta one though. It would have been a much better partner for her, even with her indecisiveness storyline (which they seem set on dragging out), and some much needed Galar representation.

I hope they are building up to something more interesting than just 'Be yourself and you don't need to choose'.
Idk what direction they wanna go

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Finally an episode I'm excited about :). Hopefully Chloe and Eevee get something new here!!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Like what?
Copycat with Umbreon and Espeon?
Not wanting to evolve?

Well it used Tackle in the Dawn episode so maybe learning a new move for instance, idk, her episodes tend not to be fillers lol.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Is it just me or may be Eevee may get a new evolution ahead of Legends Arceus
It's possible but I think they'd start pumping out the Eevee focus as to allow Chloe's to be the new one. We might wait awhile to see most the new Pokemon but they'd most likely rush to get hers evolved in time.
Like how Ash's Rockruff became the first Dusk Lycanroc, especially with how popular Eeveelutions are.

I've given up on her evolving which is why I just see these episodes as a waste of time.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

She has to make a choice though. If she doesn't, she'll never be able to move forward on her life :p

(I understand what you were going for, just making a bit of fun)

ShadowForce720

They'd have promoted a new Eeveelution by now.
Not really, heck the only real Eeveelution that was promoted before the game that introduced it came out was Sylveon. And heck the main reason why Sylveon was revealed early was because it was one of the poster childs that served to introduce the new Fairy type.

If Pokémon Legends Arceus does introduce a new Eeveelution it may or may not be revealed before the Pokémon Legends Arceus comes out.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Not really, heck the only real Eeveelution that was promoted before the game that introduced it came out was Sylveon. And heck the main reason why Sylveon was revealed early was because it was one of the poster childs that served to introduce the new Fairy type.

If Pokémon Legends Arceus does introduce a new Eeveelution it may or may not be revealed before the Pokémon Legends Arceus comes out.
Except Eevee is so damn popular now that it's even gotten its own spin-off version, so keeping a surprise like that hidden doesn't make sense at this point.

ShadowForce720

Except Eevee is so damn popular now that it's even gotten its own spin-off version, so keeping a surprise like that hidden doesn't make sense at this point.
On the contrary they can save the new Eeveelutions to surprise people or they just could just reveal in a later trailer.

We won’t know for sure until some is able to datamine Pokémon Legends Arceus. So a new Eeveelution being introduced in Pokémon Legends Arceus remains a possibility especially when it’s been established that they started giving new evolutions to past gen Pokémon again.

Rune Knight

Noctowl are really not seen flying much, anyway. Their standard pose is them standing on something.

It's just easier in animation when a secondary element is not out-scaling the main character as audiences will often tend to direct their eyes to the bigger object.

When they want an object in focus, they'll often place it at the front while having the others in the back.

But at times when they want Ash standing next to his Noctowl or his other pokémon, they wouldn't want it standing out from the crowd.

Plus the fact that it's small (and also shiny) furthers its uniqueness.

Status
Not open for further replies.