• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 3rd: PM2019 079 - The Moon and the Sun; Koharu and Haruhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I’m hoping they’ll respectively use Glaceon & Sylveon for May & Serena’s returns

Also, this episode kind of gives me the same vibe as the Johto episode with the 200 year old Ninetales who had the trainer that looked exactly like Brock. I feel like we may have some sort of ancient time shenanigans going on here
Well they could have used Gary considering he's a literal recurring character for Umbreon but they didn't...

Hopefully they at least do Sylveon cause I don't want May's possible only episode revolving around that annoying Eevee

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
I’m excited to see Espeon and Umbreon (my two favorite Eeveelutions) but even so I’m kind of getting Eevee burnout from it appearing literally every series. I’ll withhold judgement until the episode itself airs though.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
So we have another Koharu episode which tend to be interesting, written by Aya Matsui who has written most of Koharu's episodes and has the best written episodes of this series in my opinion. The animation directors did a good job on their last episode and Iwane should be working on this. I'm not a big fan of doppelganger episodes but we'll see. I'm looking forward to this one.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
AAAABR0LU2KSP12IslpLvXBel3rOei5HHVC1R7uXNSZTmJOXtyCLe4Fp4RaLJR_jYaRtHXJ3QjkAjdxFik_idV2KBlA8CsMa.jpg

>Haruhi
Crossover???
First thing I thought.

And I haven't even watched that anime. Only know it by name and the memes

kickachu

Momentai!
So what makes moves you think Eevee will copy from Espeon and Umbreon besides shadow ball and confusion

BlueDragonfangirl

Do you think Ash and koharu will have an actual conversation in this episode?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Do you think Ash and koharu will have an actual conversation in this episode?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ahem.

Nope.

The structure of your typical Chloe episode is this:

1) She accompanies the two dunces to wherever they want to Goh.

2) She gets lost/separated from the two dunces.

3) She experiences an adventure all by herself, which is almost devoid of actual battling, while the two dunces are running around like headless Blaziken, most likely suffering.

4) She overcomes whatever issue happens to her with Eevee and reunites with the two dorks.

5) Sunset ending where she reunites with the two dorkies.

The two dorky bros are the buses she rides on, not knowing that she's the taxi for her Eevee.

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
I have a feeling that the Journeys series is backing out from its "multi-regional" format. I mean, they are not even trying to reference past games and series anymore.
First we got the Cresselia/Darkrai two-parter set in some random unnamed town in Sinnoh, now they're giving us some non-existent "Eclipse Castle" location and calling it Johto. The "Uninhabited Alola Island" that we're getting in the upcoming episode seems to be an example of that as well.
I know that the anime always tended to create new locations that don't exist in the games (and if it was a revisit to one of those already-created places, I would fully appreciate it), but this is not the way to go if this series wants to maintain its "multi-regional" feel. Creating some random location (that could be located just anywhere) and saying "Hey Goh, we're not in Kanto anymore" seems like the laziest and most anticlimatic way to feature Johto, or any other region for that matter, as it doesn't feel like a revisit at all. The fact that it features Espeon and Umbreon doesn't help things either, as those aren't really "quintessential Johto Pokemon", being evolutions of Kanto-introduced Eevee. No need to feature Johto just for that.
I know it is not a big loss, since the Journeys did everything to make those references seem lackluster and blue-balled (like Vermillion Gym without Surge; Hoenn Battle Frontier without... well, Battle Frontier; Pewter City with no sight of Brock; or some boring Mauville outskirts acting just as a background for an unrelated story [what a wasted chance to explore ORAS-style Mauville...]), but I feel that they're not trying anymore. They're just slapping random things and calling it [region].

As for the episode, I never liked the doppelganger cliche. But I guess this episode will be a kind of setup for Chloe's Eevee evolution and probably Goh will catch a bunch of Johto Pokemon. Fair enough, but I would expect better from a Johto-based episode.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I have a feeling that the Journeys series is backing out from its "multi-regional" format. I mean, they are not even trying to reference past games and series anymore.
Are you really saying this after we just had 7 consecutive region episodes and 4 direct continuity episodes referencing past events and series?

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Are you really saying this after we just had 7 consecutive region episodes and 4 direct continuity episodes referencing past events and series?
He's right though, read the rest of his post. The worldbuilding, for the majority, has been piss poor in this series. Most of the time, the setting in whatever region it is doesn't feel like that particular region or locale. Just look at JN037 as the best example, you actually felt that the said episode took place in the various locales that were visited during SM. It didn't feel like some generic stand-in location that may as well as have been a Hoenn tropical paradise or something. Or even worse, completely misrepresented or destroyed (sometimes literally, as is the case in JN036).

It doesn't matter how many episodes they do out of Kanto (or more like Vermillion), it doesn't say a lot when the worldbuilding for those episodes is completely off-kilter.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
He's right though, read the rest of his post. The worldbuilding, for the majority, has been piss poor in this series. Most of the time, the setting in whatever region it is doesn't feel like that particular region or locale. Just look at JN037 as the best example, you actually felt that the said episode took place in the various locales that were visited during SM. It didn't feel like some generic stand-in location that may as well as have been a Hoenn tropical paradise or something. Or even worse, completely misrepresented or destroyed (sometimes literally, as is the case in JN036).

It doesn't matter how many episodes they do out of Kanto (or more like Vermillion), it doesn't say a lot when the worldbuilding for those episodes is completely off-kilter.
My point was more towards his wording then the world building point he brought up. Saying that you don't like the world building is another thing but saying the series isn't even trying to reference past events and series is plain false and laughable esp in recent events

RafaSceptile

Well, he's right for the most part about that as well. Look at Snowpoint City in JN008, Castelia City in JN048, Azalea Town in JN032 etc. Do any of those even look recognizable w.r.t. their game counterparts much less their past anime depiction? Does the worldbuilding try to reference the past there, or does it distance itself? Even if you count the recent few episodes, which ones really stand out? Oak's corral and Opelucid Gym are the only ones that come to mind.

The well depicted worldbuilding examples are few in between.
The first two are filler episodes and people is not supposed to overananalyze elements like the worldbuilding in an episode that its only purpose is to be fun (and both are most likely not fun, so they are Bad for that and not the an inexistente worldbuilding that should not matter in a skippeable episode).

JN032 is at least a fair point.

Status
Not open for further replies.