• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 6th: PM2019 036 - Crawl Out of the Sand Tomb, Satoshi and Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
As much as I like Riolu, I pretty much hope JN039 happens to be Riolu's evolution episode so this whole Riolu arc can finally get wrapped up and then focus can start to be shifted to the duck and any other unevolved mons Ash may own later down the line.
Oh, please. We all know the writers won't suddenly distance themselves from the shiny recurring Lucario permanent party member in the cast.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Oh, please. We all know the writers won't suddenly distance themselves from the shiny recurring Lucario permanent party member in the cast.
It's better than having it constantly out over the obvious reason of trying to get Riolu into a Lucario as soon as possible. Least they can chill at an extent with Lucario after evolution.

ShadowForce720

Yeah but the opening shows Lucario battling in the Dankest Day, with Gengar, Dragonite and Farfetch'd nowhere to be seen

And? That doesn’t mean other Pokémon won’t get focus. That scene was most likely just meant to hype people up.

I mean heck Zacian and Zamazenta were no where to be scene in that scene but does that mean they won’t get focus of course not.

Look Lucario is not going to just magically fade into the background and just never be used again. However it is also not going to be this black whole that prevents the other Pokémon from getting focus.

I mean heck even in past series where one Pokémon was mainly being focus on there were still other Pokémon that Ash had that still managed to get focus.

In all honesty this whole argument that oh well none of Ash’s other Pokémon are going to get development and focus just because Ash has a Lucario is way over exaggerating things to a ridiculous degree especially when we’re still only about 35 episodes in.

Don't really care that Riolu is appearing once again, but I would have loved to see G-Farfetch'd be used for the 1-2 mins of PWC battle that takes place in this episode. Either way, I'm interested in seeing how "poorly" Ash will be battling and the surprising tactic Gou ends up using.

dman_dustin

I dont hate Riolu, I am more annoyed Farfetch'd is being shafted yet again.

Like do Riolu stans recognize just how crappy Farfetch'd has been treated so far? It is incredibly annoying and unfair.

No because there hasn't been that many episodes to make that level of distinction.

And I don't like the logic of "Riolu shows up more" yeah Ash also had Riolu for longer.

Maybe people understand my criticism of all the Go focus while Ash and his Pokemon don't get as much focus.

And even so, once the Pikachu airs and a certain Pokemon doesn't show up, you can all flock to this thread and complain about Farfetch'd not appearing in a more valid setting.

NOT when an episode that hasn't aired and had precedenced a certain character over a Pokemon.

Once the episode airs and the Pokemon in question doesn't appear, then people will have a more valid reason to complain.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Do you mean Cinderace?
Eh, they still have the space. After Alola's obscene large recurring cast, they pretty much can waste resources for Cinderace being shown too often.

Which...kind of means Cinderace would be the first fully evolved starter to be shown prominently in a team as a walking Pokemon. (Not even Charizard, Sceptile, Blaziken, Greninja, or Incineroar got that honor.)

dman_dustin

It hasn't been 10 episodes and Farfetch'd was seen in 5 episodes, right now that's half of the episodes.

Meanwhile Gengar has been caught for more than 10 episodes and the Pikachu episode will be its 6th episode. Gengar is worse off than Farfetch'd except at least Gengar beat a Raichu, where Farfetch'd hasn't won anything.

ShadowForce720

People are going to keep saying this until the season ends, uh?

That argument works both ways. Also we’re not even half way through the series yet so there is still plenty of time for other Pokémon to get development.

Regardless of how you feel about Lucario won’t be the only one of Ash’s Pokémon to get focus, that’s just common sense.

This whole pretending Lucario is some sort of Black Hole that will suck up attention and focus and be literally the only one of Ash’s Pokémon to get attention and focus is just over reacting and over exaggerating things to a ridiculous degree.

Leonhart

Imagineer
dman_dustin said:
It hasn't been 10 episodes and Farfetch'd was seen in 5 episodes, right now that's half of the episodes.

Meanwhile Gengar has been caught for more than 10 episodes and the Pikachu episode will be its 6th episode. Gengar is worse off than Farfetch'd except at least Gengar beat a Raichu, where Farfetch'd hasn't won anything.

I agree that Gangar is arguably getting the short end of the stick far worse than Galarian Kamonegi. Maybe it's part of my own bias talking since I prefer Gangar over Kamonegi, but I can't quite feel pity for Kamonegi's lack of screen-time yet since he's still a relatively new addition to the team and will almost certainly evolve later, unlike Gangar who has peaked in terms of evolutionary development.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I don't get how the heck riolu is being blamed for ash's other mons like gengar not appearing??? If you have to blame someone blame Pikachu lol for taking all the CoTDs PWC battles.
Stop trying to justify lucarios appearances because it won't change anyone's mind?n
How about you guys stop constantly bashing it whenever it turns out it will appear in an episode. The constant complaining is freaking annoying, it's like Goh all over again but suddenly it's okay when Riolu is the one being bashed. There is only one person who calls Goh a psychopath, most ppl are annoyed at Goh haters because of how constant they keep complaining about him every single time he's mentioned, and it's the same damn case with riolu. Thank god people in this forum are a minority lol. Riolu is being treated fine and as it should, farfetch'd is gonna get its time to shine it's being showcased more and more slowly and still has to evolve. There's plenty of time for gengar to appear too tho I wish writers showed him more.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
How about you guys stop constantly bashing it whenever it turns out it will appear in an episode. The constant complaining is freaking annoying, it's like Goh all over again but suddenly it's okay when Riolu is the one being bashed. There is only one person who calls Goh a psychopath, most ppl are annoyed at Goh haters because of how constant they keep complaining about him every single time he's mentioned, and it's the same damn case with riolu.
By all means, if you want to go through every thread that has an episode featuring Riolu telling people who won’t listen the same thing, go ahead.

dman_dustin

And screaming into the void about how much riolu sucks everytime it appears on a cast list or is mentioned is any better?

It's kind of an equalizer situation.

People complain about Riolu or Go or anything else, and then People complain about people complaining about Riolu or Go or anything else.

It's some kind of equalizing never ending cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.