• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 6th: PM2019 036 - Crawl Out of the Sand Tomb, Satoshi and Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

Gengar might still appear since it's VA is part of cast for this episode.

No.

Gengar would've taken precedence over a non important character.

That's how VA lists work. The most important or in some cases the most veteran character shows up first before non important roles.

If "Driver" is listed and Gengar isn't that means Gengar isn't showing up.

Unless I'm wrong and "Driver" is some super secret hot action character that I forgot about that somehow takes precedence?

Edit: At best Gengar would have a non speaking role like Dragonite in the Cubone episode.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
If that’s what you took away from that, then yes. Certainly beats hearing people complaining about others complaining
You're literally acting like everytime riolu bashing happens I hop on here with the defense. I don't get how you can fault people for being annoyed when a character continuosly gets blasted on for reasons that are flimsy. I'm not even a riolu stan, I did want ash to have lucario for a long time but I don't care for riolu as much as say I liked infernape. It just gets annoying when u continuously see people bash a character every single freaking time it's mentioned, and if someone gets annoyed by it and tries to defend the said character, it's irrelevant because they are complaining about others complaining. Opinions that go on an endless cycle but are ones you favour are okay to continuously be dragged on but ones you don't favour become redundant. If you guys are gonna constantly bash a character everytime it's mentioned you have no right to be annoyed when a person defends the said character a few times.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
No.

Gengar would've taken precedence over a non important character.

That's how VA lists work. The most important or in some cases the most veteran character shows up first before non important roles.

If "Driver" is listed and Gengar isn't that means Gengar isn't showing up.

Unless I'm wrong and "Driver" is some super secret hot action character that I forgot about that somehow takes precedence?

Edit: At best Gengar would have a non speaking role like Dragonite in the Cubone episode.

I thought humans took precedence over Pokemon in Cast list when a VA voices both types in a single episode?

Last edited:

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
You're literally acting like everytime riolu bashing happens I hop on here with the defense. I don't get how you can fault people for being annoyed when a character continuosly gets blasted on for reasons that are flimsy. I'm not even a riolu stan, I did want ash to have lucario for a long time but I don't care for riolu as much as say I liked infernape. It just gets annoying when u continuously see people bash a character every single freaking time it's mentioned, and if someone gets annoyed by it and tries to defend the said character, it's irrelevant because they are complaining about others complaining. Opinions that go on an endless cycle but are ones you favour are okay to continuously be dragged on but ones you don't favour become redundant. If you guys are gonna constantly bash a character everytime it's mentioned you have no right to be annoyed when a person defends the said character a few times.
No one is annoyed though. The only one making a big deal out of this supposed Riolu hatred is only a few people. In reality nobody hates Riolu. There is no anti-Riolu agenda or conspiracy.

People literally just want to see OTHER Pokemon more.

dman_dustin

I thought humans took precedence over Pokemon in Cast list when VA voices both types?

No, that only happens when the character is more important than the Pokemon, or veteran.

Nurse Joy takes precedence over Riolu because she's a veteran role not just because Nurse Joy is a human character.

Ikue Otani is never listed for anything other than Pikachu, unless Pikachu doesn't show up in the episode which I don't think there's been a case of Ikue Otani being listed in an episode because Pikachu wasn't there. The closest would've been the Celebi episode, but I don't think she had a role there.

Given Ash's Gengar is a more important character than "Driver" (presumably, unless like I said it's some secret character I have forgotten about), it would be listed over this "Driver" character.

Unfortunately I can't think of any way to prove this, because its hard to know who voices a role when the VA list only lists one role. And you just get use to what takes precedence if two roles are in the same episode.

All I know is that if the character is a non important one off character even if its human will NOT take precedence over an actually important Pokemon character.

In reality nobody hates Riolu. There is no anti-Riolu agenda or conspiracy.

Then you haven't READ every single comment about Riolu, you only have a cross section to refer to.

I have read comments where people were just upset about Riolu even existing or being used. And this was BEFORE Farfetch'd was caught. THUS it makes no sense to say that Riolu was being overused because it was a newly hatched Pokemon that needed focus to get to being strong enough in the PWC.

There are people who don't want Riolu/Lucario NOR are they happy that Ash has one. They do exist, and I've seen them.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
You're literally acting like everytime riolu bashing happens I hop on here with the defense. I don't get how you can fault people for being annoyed when a character continuosly gets blasted on for reasons that are flimsy. It just gets annoying when u continuously see people bash a character every single freaking time it's mentioned, and if someone gets annoyed by it and tries to defend the said character, it's irrelevant because they are complaining about others complaining. Opinions that go on an endless cycle but are ones you favour are okay to continuously be dragged on but ones you don't favour become redundant. If you guys are gonna constantly bash a character everytime it's mentioned you have no right to be annoyed when a person defends the said character a few times.
I literally always agree when people call out those who criticize Go in such exaggerated ways (I actually like Go despite his flaws unlike some people) so I don’t see how I get annoyed? In fact, I don’t get annoyed with anything here because nothing here sits on my mind long enough to warrant that. I see people who constantly complained about characters I like but it doesn’t bother me because I still like them regardless of what someone else says and I can just ignore them.

You’re clearly not on the same page as me so I’ll drop this now before the thread gets derailed any further as this episode isn’t even about Riolu. You’re free to PM if you need anything else to say.

Ignition

Except Riolu is in the episode, and people are complaining that is in the episode. So this doesn't make any sense.

I get not wanting to go back and forth and repeat the same stuff, but it's still relevant to the episode.
The episode isn’t about Riolu. That’s not saying Riolu isn’t relevant to the episode nor saying it isn’t present. Don’t see how that’s what you took away from my response

dman_dustin

The episode isn’t about Riolu. That’s not saying Riolu isn’t relevant to the episode nor saying it isn’t present. Don’t see how that’s what you took away from my response

It still doesn't make sense.

The whole reason this conversation exists, is because the VA list listed Riolu and not Farfetch'd.

If people are upset Farfetch'd isn't in the episode, fine, but only one or two people (maybe, only one) only made this about Farfetch'd.

Other people had to drag Riolu into this, and because it was listed.

Saying this episode isn't about Riolu only makes sense if Riolu isn't even remotely in the episode.

The whole point of this is that Riolu IS in the episode and Farfetch'd ISN'T. If you want to make the argument that this episode isn't about "something' then it would be Farfetch'd.

"Derailing a topic" only makes sense if the topic being discussed is COMPLETELY irrelevant to the topic at hand. Like Farfetch'd.

Ignition

It still doesn't make sense.

Saying this episode isn't about Riolu only makes sense if Riolu isn't even remotely in the episode.

"Derailing a topic" only makes sense if the topic being discussed is COMPLETELY irrelevant to the topic at hand. Like Farfetch'd.
This makes no sense whatsoever but this is getting repetitive so sure lol

dman_dustin

This makes no sense whatsoever but this is getting repetitive so sure lol

You are arguing that you don't want to continue talking about Riolu's presence in this episode, even though its in the episode because somehow this episode isn't "about Riolu" as if that somehow matters....Gengar is in the Pikachu episode, people are going to talk about its role in the episode.

How does that make sense at all to not talk about a Pokemon appearing in this episode?

If perhaps you meant "Riolu's screen time" over all as it would be for the entire series, I could maybe understand but that's not what you said.

You said you didn't want the thread to derail further because this episode isn't about Riolu. Which doesn't make sense because Riolu is in the episode.

Riolu is likely taking on the PWC in this episode, maybe even Flygon, talking about it, is relevant to the thread. Whereas Farfetch'd isn't in the episode, so obviously the episode isn't about Farfetch'd. So further complaining that Riolu in the episode makes even less sense, considering the episode is just about Go getting Flygon.

But since people are SO insistent about Riolu's presence in this episode, and thus are complaining about it, it's relevant to the thread, and thus is acceptable to be talked about?

But yeah, sure absolute confusion abounds and is highly persistent here, so I don't even know what you're even talking about or why you even brought it up. At least "I'm done talking about Riolu" would've made more sense than "Not to derail the thread further because this episode isn't about Riolu."

So yep, confusion

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
No one is annoyed though. The only one making a big deal out of this supposed Riolu hatred is only a few people. In reality nobody hates Riolu. There is no anti-Riolu agenda or conspiracy.

People literally just want to see OTHER Pokemon more.

I don't mind when people say they want to see other people more, that's understandable and I want that too. But there are people bashing riolu and blaming it for the reason they aren't appearing which is just false. Constantly complaining that riolu exists as an ash Mon. It gets tiring.

EDIT: And also I can understand not liking riolu as a personal preference, but when you just keep on saying how much it sucks it becomes real annoying

WhoCares

Elric The Pipsqueak
You are arguing that you don't want to continue talking about Riolu's presence in this episode, even though its in the episode because somehow this episode isn't "about Riolu" as if that somehow matters....Gengar is in the Pikachu episode, people are going to talk about its role in the episode.

How does that make sense at all to not talk about a Pokemon appearing in this episode?

If perhaps you meant "Riolu's screen time" over all as it would be for the entire series, I could maybe understand but that's not what you said.

You said you didn't want the thread to derail further because this episode isn't about Riolu. Which doesn't make sense because Riolu is in the episode.

Riolu is likely taking on the PWC in this episode, maybe even Flygon, talking about it, is relevant to the thread. Whereas Farfetch'd isn't in the episode, so obviously the episode isn't about Farfetch'd. So further complaining that Riolu in the episode makes even less sense, considering the episode is just about Go getting Flygon.

But since people are SO insistent about Riolu's presence in this episode, and thus are complaining about it, it's relevant to the thread, and thus is acceptable to be talked about?

But yeah, sure absolute confusion abounds and is highly persistent here, so I don't even know what you're even talking about or why you even brought it up. At least "I'm done talking about Riolu" would've made more sense than "Not to derail the thread further because this episode isn't about Riolu."

So yep, confusion
Dude that's a long a** interpretation of just a few words. He just meant that riolu is relevant to the episode and he is not the only focus. He didn't even mean half of the things you mentioned in your article .

dman_dustin

This episode should've not existed AT ALL well.....okay....the episode SHOULD not have existed in the format it was in.

The preview makes that clear. Instead of helping Ash through his issues, and giving him proper screen time, nope it has to be all about Go.

Look I don't care about Go getting Flygon, but this should've been SOLELY an Ash episode, I do not know why they insist on making everything about Go. As if somehow Go didn't just have the whole Pikachu episode to himself, he has to take this one as well, just with more Ash focus as he sulks for losing to a Tentacruel and Octillery just as an even greater insult to Ash in losing to Bea.

Why couldn't this be a training episode with Riolu and Farfetch'd AND THEN Go gets Flygon later on after the rematch?

It literally should've been JUST about Ash, if Ash wasn't going to be completely back to scratch at the end of the episode, then that's what the Alola and Aerodactyl episode is about, perhaps.

Dude that's a long a** interpretation of just a few words. He just meant that riolu is relevant to the episode and he is not the only focus. He didn't even mean half of the things you mentioned in your article .

I'm sorry that my CONFUSION bothers people.

Ignition shouldn't have SAID ANYTHING about derailing the topic IT MADE NO SENSE.

God can't people just say "I don't want to talk about this topic anymore" without using confusing wording. Is it impossible? Is it difficult? Was it something that you didn't think of at the time, and the best your brain could offer was what was posted, because maybe then I could understand the confusing rhetoric.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Makes episode about Flygon, doesn't show Flygon in the preview lol.

Also they had to throw in a Trapinch and rub it in. They could have given Goh the Trapinch and given Ash the Flygon or vice versa but no, Goh is the only one that gets anything, I'm annoyed even more now.

Status
Not open for further replies.