• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 6th: PM2019 036 - Crawl Out of the Sand Tomb, Satoshi and Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
We have a summary:

Huh, I wonder if the Flygon and the song are connected or if they are separate things. I didn't know Flygon could sing if it is him.

ShadowForce720

The summary doesn't really give a definitive answer to who's more likely to catch flygon. Gou's strategy could end with him getting it but it could also be for someone else. I'm leaning towards ash getting it simply because the summary mentions his slump and the fact that flygon is toying with him. Not to mention it specifically mentions flygon's power and I don't think it would do that if it was going to goh

To add to your point it also says that Flygon uses it speed to toy with Ash, so I wouldn’t be surprised if maybe Go plans on helping Ash to catch Flygon with his reasoning being that if Ash manages to beat and catch Flygon it might cheer him up and help get him out of his slump.

Huh, I wonder if the Flygon and the song are connected or if they are separate things. I didn't know Flygon could sing if it is him.

There basically using Flygon’s Dex entries.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
You know the bio for Flygon where it states that its wing flaps can make a “singing”sound which is why its called “The Desert Spirit”?

Master Pikachu 11

In all honestly, would it even make any sense to give Ash another dragon type? He is bound to release one of them in my opinion. I mean, at least it will be beneficial to him.
If Goh is not going to release any of his Pokémon then Ash doesn’t need too either. Again the writers don’t give two squats about type overlap because if they did, then they wouldn’t have given Ash Galarian Farfetch’d. Galarian Farfetch’d pretty much cancels any notion of Ash not having any type overlap and also the notion that Ash needs to release a Pokémon because of type overlap is just as absurd.

Red and Blue

Maybe this will be Riolu's evolution episode. Riolu becoming Lucario could tie into Ash overcoming his slump

PsychoLogical

Maybe Go's surprise tactic is Trick Room or Tailwind or a move that lowers opponents speed.
I think it’s going to be related to Sobble tbh with its crying gag lmao. Unless Go’s strat is instead Rain Dance to cancel that Sandstorm.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
To add to your point it also says that Flygon uses it speed to toy with Ash, so I wouldn’t be surprised if maybe Go plans on helping Ash to catch Flygon with his reasoning being that if Ash manages to beat and catch Flygon it might cheer him up and help get him out of his slump.

There basically using Flygon’s Dex entries.

I think one of flygon's pokedex entries mention it's wings sounding like a woman's voice so I'm guessing they're connected

You know the bio for Flygon where it states that its wing flaps can make a “singing”sound which is why its called “The Desert Spirit”?

Lmfao, that awkward moment where you used a Flygon on your Hoenn team but apparently never bothered to read it's pokedex entry.

dman_dustin

We have a summary:

Geez what did Bea say or do to Ash? Like holy crap.

I can't imagine why Ash would be doing this badly. Bea must've said something that crushed his spirit or dream. If she did I kind of hope Pikachu angrily shouts out at her, not that its going to happen.

I guess no one is winning a battle in the Bea episode.

Ash definitely seems like he needs a win, getting Flygon makes sense here.

Then again perhaps the best result is no one gets anything.

Mew29240

The summary doesn't really give a definitive answer to who's more likely to catch flygon. Gou's strategy could end with him getting it but it could also be for someone else. I'm leaning towards ash getting it simply because the summary mentions his slump and the fact that flygon is toying with him. Not to mention it specifically mentions flygon's power and I don't think it would do that if it was going to goh

Not sure if said slump will be overcome this episode if the victory is due to Goh's efforts. I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just that this would only reinforce Ash's slump in that he was useless in the fight.

I think it’s going to be related to Sobble tbh with its crying gag lmao. Unless Go’s strat is instead Rain Dance to cancel that Sandstorm.
That can work too but since the summary is talking about speed I assumed that's what he would try to handle/counter.

Btw don't you think making Sobble cry on purpose is a little mean?

PsychoLogical

Not sure if said slump will be overcome this episode if the victory is due to Goh's efforts. I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just that this would only reinforce Ash's slump in that he was useless in the fight.
I think Go in this ep is just him trying to help Ash get out of the slump and Flygon may just be the key of Ash getting out of it.

Cptnmac1

True, if goh does the work defeating flygon and then ash catches it and is magically out of his slump, that would feel forced.

I was thinking more that ash has been psyching himself out and questioning his judgement in battles and that's what's causing his slump. Gou's "surprising tactic" could simply be yelling at ash or being harsh on him the same way ash was when goh tried to release raboot. That way ash would still do the work battling and catching flygon while goh would play an integral part in ash getting out of his slump. It would also show character growth for goh, since earlier he felt that if you had a problem you needed to help yourself while this way he would start seeing that it's ok to help when it's needed

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ash beats and captures Flygon and gets out of his slump, sounds like a way to at least make different from the other times that he's been in a loss slump.

Also for once I hope Gengar and Dragonite aren't fighting, during the losing streaks I mean. That'd just suck considering how little we see of them, hopefully it's the rat and Riolu :/

PsychoLogical

Ash beats and captures Flygon and gets out of his slump, sounds like a way to at least make different from the other times that he's been in a loss slump.

Also for once I hope Gengar and Dragonite aren't fighting, during the losing streaks I mean. That'd just suck considering how little we see of them, hopefully it's the rat and Riolu :/
Ash doesn’t use Gengar and Dragonite in minor battles anyways. It’s likely just Pika, Riolu, and the duck.

Mew29240

I think Go in this ep is just him trying to help Ash get out of the slump and Flygon may just be the key of Ash getting out of it.

I'd think the same if Ash was fighting Flygon alone, but the summary has both Ash and Goh battling it. So any strategy Goh comes up with will be something he executes (with Ash either assisting or be completely be uninvolved)

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit

Goh coming up with a strategy for a battle that Ash struggled with is already a huge feat.

Either boy could benefit from actually putting the plan into action. It could act as the crutch to get Ash out of his slump, or it could highlight Goh's growing independence.

Of course its possible that neither of them will catch it.

(Do these threads get trimmed when Dephender posts his translation?)

PsychoLogical

I'd think the same if Ash was fighting Flygon alone, but the summary has both Ash and Goh battling it. So any strategy Goh comes up with will be something he executes (with Ash either assisting or be completely be uninvolved)
Tbh I think the strat is supposed to be meant for Ash cause like I said, Go in JN036 will likely be all about him trying to help Ash out in getting out of his slump after Bea.

Status
Not open for further replies.