• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 6th: PM2019 036 - Crawl Out of the Sand Tomb, Satoshi and Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I guess. I'm personally against Ash getting Flygon and rooting for Goh to get it, especially if he's the one coming up with the strategy that takes it down.
I’m 50/50 on this but I lean more towards Ash due to the summary stating that hes been struggling since his match with Bea and Flygon may be the key of him snapping out of it and getting a grip. I’m assuming this will be the Golurk situation only reversed where Go does most of the lifting and Ash throws the ball this time.

Icy-Snowflake

On a side note, I've seen these predictions of Sobble making Flygon cry. But doesn't Flygon have Protective eyewear?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
On a side note, I've seen these predictions of Sobble making Flygon cry. But doesn't Flygon have Protective eyewear?
It never really states if it is or not. They’re basically bug eyes but with never true clarification if its eyewear (specifically goggles) or its actual eyes.

dman_dustin

On a side note, I've seen these predictions of Sobble making Flygon cry.

If Go throws Sobble really hard at Flygon, like literally chucks Sobble at Flygon while its crying like some kind of crybaby grenade.

It'll automatically become my favorite scene in the entire Pokemon anime at least until the next greatest moment.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
One of the Pokedex entries did state it's red covers for protection of eyes from sand.
Maybe they'll use that as a joke. Goh could have Sobble start crying but, while everyone else is balling their eyes out, Flygon seems unphased. He then checks his pokedex & looks shocked when it says Flygon's red lenses protects its lines (Eeeehh?!)

Mew29240

Maybe they'll use that as a joke. Goh could have Sobble start crying but, while everyone else is balling their eyes out, Flygon seems unphased. He then checks his pokedex & looks shocked when it says Flygon's red lenses protects its lines (Eeeehh?!)

Does that mean Flygon is screwed if it ever cries? Not sure where the tears would go since they would be stuck in the "goggles".

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I literally can't argue this. If I'm arguing that it ends up being caught by Ash, if its caught by Go then this post is meaningless and pointless.

Because under the hypothetical argument I would make then I'd be arguing both Flygon and Dragonite are female, and I doubt they would do that.

But do I want Ash with a female Flygon and a male Dragonite? I just think Ash's Dragonite being female would at least make it stand out more, would there have been a need to give Ash a male Dragonite when Iris's Dragonite is male. If Iris comes back doesn't there need to be more of a difference than sheer personality difference. I mean is Iris's Dragonite just going to glare and be overly aggressive just to stand out from Ash's Dragonite.

But Go's Pikachu would likely be female so therefore if Flygon is male then it would work, and I don't know if I like the idea of it working.

I can't argue this, sure......but I can say I don't like this suggestion at all.

As you can see if Go ends up with Flygon this post is meaningless and pointless.

Ash needs more female Pokémon anyway, I would love it if Dragonite and a potential Flygon were both female. A caring and huggable dragon older sister with a rambunctious and prankster younger sister dragon would be a nice dynamic to see.

MegaSalamence05

The lenses above Flygon's eyes are specifically used for sand.

If memory serves me correctly that's where the inspiration came from for the gadget Go-Goggles come from. To my knowledge it's a one way film that blocks debris like sand but its able to cry, and sweat and have tears. Flygon is based on the Antlion. That's how the functionality works for it. It's the Sand Dragon. Just if you have questions about it.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
It'll be a wasted scene if Go gets it. I want to believe someone KNEW that Ash was eventually going to get a Flygon, and was teasing it in that episode. Otherwise if Go gets it, I'm not sure what the purpose of the scene was.

People were saying the same thing about Goh's Gengar shirt, or his comment that Farfetch'd doesn't evolve.

I guess. I'm personally against Ash getting Flygon and rooting for Goh to get it, especially if he's the one coming up with the strategy that takes it down.

I am hoping that Goh at least gets a good showing in this battle as the summary states that he is the one trying a new strategy. It would also be nice to see him get a new popular pokemon, but it could go either way.

dman_dustin

People were saying the same thing about Goh's Gengar shirt, or his comment that Farfetch'd doesn't evolve.

That's why I said wasted foreshadowing (and now I realize that's mostly referred to as a red herring and I'm an idiot for not remembering sooner). As in its not foreshadowing at all, but it was meaningless and pointless to include that scene in....why not Go if Go was the one to get Flygon. Was it really a scene to be like "HA look at what Ash WON'T get at all"

Your examples are just random, and aren't the same as literally gliding with a Flygon in a random scene that really didn't need to exist. Wearing a shirt or talking about a Pokemon isn't really anything special. Or when should we expect to see Ash's Milotic?

1. The Gengar shirt? Means nothing really, Ash has had some weird Pokemon shirts he's wore it didn't indicate any of his Pokemon, the likely one exception or pokemon he had on hand or Pokemon in the past. Like Ash having a Litten shirt when he had a Litten or Chamander shirt in the episode he got Gengar. I think Ash had a Scorbunny shirt, I think or maybe some other shirt design that either his friends/rivals/foes Pokemon had, I can't quite remember.
2. While I do agree with your 2nd point, in that I feel Go should've caught Galarian Farfetch'd because he said Farfetch'd wouldn't evolve. I think the writers kind of came to the conclusion that it would be too easy to give Go a regional variant of a Pokemon he already has in its normal form. I think they decided that at least for Farfetch'd, Sirfetch'd was far more suited with Ash than Go because its a battling Pokemon. But a Pokemon like Darmanitan is probably more probable to go to Go in both forms because they don't have that battle disposition.
3. Yes I know Go isn't excluded from having strong or battle heavy Pokemon, I think they just ultimately thought Sirfetch'd would work better for Ash. And Gengar, I think they really wanted it to be Ash's first Ghost type and to correct a mistake made in the original series.

World Turtle

Between Dragonite, Gengar, and the Lucario in waiting if Ash was going to get something from Hoenn Flygon is a pretty good contender if we're going by popularity. Next best guess would be Absol I guess.

Icy-Snowflake

The lenses above Flygon's eyes are specifically used for sand.

If memory serves me correctly that's where the inspiration came from for the gadget Go-Goggles come from. To my knowledge it's a one way film that blocks debris like sand but its able to cry, and sweat and have tears. Flygon is based on the Antlion. That's how the functionality works for it. It's the Sand Dragon. Just if you have questions about it.
I mean, it could also protect Sobble's tears (which makes everyone cry) from reaching it's eyes.
I am hoping that Goh at least gets a good showing in this battle as the summary states that he is the one trying a new strategy. It would also be nice to see him get a new popular pokemon, but it could go either way.
I personally don't care about who catches Flygon, but about Goh showing characteristics of a true friend and how he'll help Ash get out of his depression.

D

Deleted member 384931

And Flyon is on the poster with all the regions.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Between Dragonite, Gengar, and the Lucario in waiting if Ash was going to get something from Hoenn Flygon is a pretty good contender if we're going by popularity. Next best guess would be Absol I guess.

Absol, alongside Zoroark and Zeraora are very popular...

Also hoping for Absol... But I would love to see him capture a Tyranitar, Corviknight and Zoroark first...

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Hmmm..... idk if Flygon is gonna get captured or not, but if Ash is in a battling funk, than a new team member seems to always be a solution. Of course they just had to make it sound like Go has a shot at Flygon too (and he does tend to capture at least 1 thing every episode, yes I'm sorta exaggerating).

Status
Not open for further replies.