• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 6th: PM2019 036 - Crawl Out of the Sand Tomb, Satoshi and Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Hot damn, that Go line was the curveball for this episode... RIP the Jirachi dream lol (Don't worry Ash, Garchomp is still an option someday and much cooler)

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
But Flygon if also a dragon type so water is no longer super effective, the best option is ice
Anime tends to treat pokémon as monotype for whatever reason

That, and they're as powerful as the plot demands, so if they need Sobble to take out a Flygon, it'll do so

(Friendly reminder Lana’s Primarina almost OHKO'd Mallow's Tsareena with a single bubble during a league match)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
According to the summary Ash is having trouble with this Flygon and Go comes up with some strategy to deal with it, so I think it's perfectly fair if he catches it after that. Odds are Ash will have some sort of revelation afterwards too, so it's not like he'll be coming out of this with nothing.

Also, I kind of like the idea that Go's ingenuity as a new trainer is something Ash can learn from. It's something we've seen time and time again from Ash himself after all, how many times have gym leaders/rivals been baffled and impressed at some crazy strategy they never even thought of?

Maybe that's the revelation. Goh pulls an unconventional strategy which makes Ash remembers that's how he tends to approach his battles thus reignite his battle spirit

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Maybe that's the revelation. Goh pulls an unconventional strategy which makes Ash remembers that's how he tends to approach his battles thus reignite his battle spirit

This could be a cool follow up to the Korina episode where she tells him that playing it safe isn't like him. While it payed off there, Bea might destroy him by going pure instinct and improvisation.

(should have put this in the other thread):oops:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
It's disappointing that Flygon is going to Goh since he doesn't do anything worthwhile with his captures but at the same time the summary did state that Goh had an idea to stop Flygon's Sand Tomb so it was inferred.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
It's disappointing that Flygon is going to Goh since he doesn't do anything worthwhile with his captures but at the same time the summary did state that Goh had an idea to stop Flygon's Sand Tomb so it was inferred.
There are way better mons Ash could catch later down the line than Flygon anyways. Especially for Dragon types.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
So Gou actually catches this thing? He looks good aesthetically with it but it won’t mean much unless he keeps it on hand. That being said looking at the opening he has a team of bug-looking Pokémon and Galarian starter Pokémon. Just needs certain monkey to complete the set.

I wanna see him fly and travel around on it.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Tired: Ash should have gotten Flygon instead of Dragonite.

Wired: Goh getting Flygon is better because it'll get more screentime than Ash's Dragonite.

GhostTyper101

Ghost Enthusiast
Damn the salt here is real lol. Like, i'm disappointed Flygon is going to Goh too because it would be nice seeing it in battles but people are seriously over reacting. I know people wanted Ash to get one but people saying how this series is disappointing and is screwing him out of good pokemon is like... what? he has a Gengar, Dragonite and a Riolu. His team is stacked rn.

Tbh, Flygon does fit in with lot's of Goh's bug collection.

Onto the actual episode, I really appreciate how this series is trying to follow the pokedex entries. The Dragonite island and rescuing people, Golurk being an ancient guardian that loses control if its seal breaks, Gengar actually hiding in a shadow, Sobble's tears making people cry and now Flygon's wings singing in a sandstorm.

I am excited for this episode. I just want to have fun watching this show

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Damn, the opening has me hyped for this episode. I liked the brief appearance of Flygon in the Jirachii movie way back when. Flygon is adorable, it will be great seeing them with Goh, and seeing Goh get some spotlight.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
D
I am excited for this episode. I just want to have fun watching this show

So do I but it's near impossible with the endless Goh marathons, the opening just made me dread the future instead of getting hyped or excited like they normally do

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
So do I but it's near impossible with the endless Goh marathons, the opening just made me dread the future instead of getting hyped or excited like they normally do
Okay we get it throwing Gou under the bus for everything gives you a dopamine boost.

Damn, the opening has me hyped for this episode. I liked the brief appearance of Flygon in the Jirachii movie way back when. Flygon is adorable, it will be great seeing them with Goh, and seeing Goh get some spotlight.
MAYBE I’m just getting old for fandom but am I the only one who thought about Shuu’s Flygon in AG. It was like his ace battler while Roselia was his performer for Contest. I miss Haruka/Shuu. No matter how awful the shipping and fans were

Status
Not open for further replies.