• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 6th: PM2019 036 - Crawl Out of the Sand Tomb, Satoshi and Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
well at least there progress on go goal , now he can he not just throwing pokeball but use some strategy to beat a strong pokemon
from throwing bunch pokeball to get dewgong
to get help form ash to get gollurn
now he tried to battle and use startegy to get flygon

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
To be fair, what exactly can Ash do? The only Pokemon he has that'd be useful in a sandpit would probably be Dragonite, and that's not even guaranteed.

kickachu

Momentai!
what strategy you think goh will come up with to catch flygon?

dman_dustin

To be fair, what exactly can Ash do? The only Pokemon he has that'd be useful in a sandpit would probably be Dragonite, and that's not even guaranteed.

And if Ash can't do it, why should Go be able to do it?

Like is what is Go begging on his knees pleading to the Flygon gods to just let them go, and Flygon takes pity and then Go throws a Poke ball at Flygon when its not paying attention really quickly and catches it.

That's literally the only thing Go would be able to do over Ash.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
what strategy you think goh will come up with to catch flygon?
Messon’s tears obviously + camouflaging. Again with PM’s track record can we roll out the lizard evolving and using its “trapping” theme.

Now that I think of it this is the kind of capture Gou needs which is why it looks more interesting to me.

Struggle and made more of a “duel” with danger versus a regular battle, relying on his Pokémon traits for catching.

Glad it’s not another Raid Battle.

PokemonJourneys2

Lazy snorlax
And if Ash can't do it, why should Go be able to do it?

Like is what is Go begging on his knees pleading to the Flygon gods to just let them go, and Flygon takes pity and then Go throws a Poke ball at Flygon when its not paying attention really quickly and catches it.

That's literally the only thing Go would be able to do over Ash.

We get it. You dislike Go. You can move on now.

PokemonJourneys2

Lazy snorlax
I'm literally asking why Go is able to succeed when Ash can't.
“Wow, Go succeeding in 1 tiny thing out of all the accomplishments Ash achieved in Pokémon journeys and the past series. That’s a huge deal. We must protest and let the writers know we can’t accept this disrespect, for this is Ash’s thing and not Goh’s”. You’re obviously not going to find your answer here.

dman_dustin

“Wow, Go succeeding in 1 tiny thing out of all the accomplishments Ash achieved in Pokémon journeys and the past series. That’s a huge deal. We must protest and let the writers know we can’t accept this disrespect, for this is Ash’s thing and not Goh’s”. You’re obviously not going to find your answer here.

Nice try but I was asking for logical answers not "opinions of the characters" answers.

Since people seem to think its logical for Ash to fail, where's the logic in Go succeeding.

And to be blunt, this part has nothing to do with catching the Pokemon. Go catching Flygon is irrelevant, unless I guess that's how he resolves his issues? Then maybe, but I was strictly referring to the battle part.

But whatever.......so ultimately you're right, it doesn't matter, and we should move on. Which basically means I guess I stop talking in this thread because I have no interest otherwise.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Nice try but I was asking for logical answers not "opinions of the characters" answers.

Since people seem to think its logical for Ash to fail, where's the logic in Go succeeding.

And to be blunt, this part has nothing to do with catching the Pokemon. Go catching Flygon is irrelevant, unless I guess that's how he resolves his issues? Then maybe, but I was strictly referring to the battle part.

But whatever.......so ultimately you're right, it doesn't matter, and we should move on. Which basically means I guess I stop talking in this thread because I have no interest otherwise.

Summary says he is off of his game.

He and Goh have different pokemon with different abilities.

Ash is a stronger trainer, but he wont think of everything. There are strategies that other characters will come up with that he wont. People think differently.

dman_dustin

Summary says he is off of his game.

He and Goh have different pokemon with different abilities.

Ash is a stronger trainer, but he wont think of everything. There are strategies that other characters will come up with that he wont. People think differently.

Trying to not relate it to the capture but I may not have a choice.

But then I have to ask why is Ash in this episode? And I don't mean this be an episode like the Celebi episode.

But what purpose did it serve to bring Ash along with Go in this episode?

Ultimately in the context of character development what was the purpose to make Ash fail again likely in the PWC in this episode and against Flygon only for Go to succeed.

I get that its to allow Go to capture Flygon, sure. But was there not a way to do that without Ash failing again?

How does (logically) that benefit Ash's character?

Why wouldn't this episode based SOLELY around the summary, EXCLUDING the capture completely why wouldn't a type of episode that revolves around Ash being off his game, why wouldn't it be the episode that allows Ash to get on his game.

At this point, I'm starting to not care about the capture. Go can get Flygon all he wants, I don't care any more. But why was it necessary for Ash to have him keep failing?

That's what I don't get. If Go was and absolutely getting Flygon which is what's happening, WHY bring Ash into this episode at all just to fail just so Go can catch Flygon? Why not have the episode be about Go nursing a Flygon back to health and then he catches it. Was it really necessary to say "Flygon is powerful" the people are "Struggling against a sand tomb"

That's why I don't understand why Ash is failing and Go is succeeding, because I don't understand the point. I would think if you were going to make a plot similar to this, at the end of it Ash would succeed.

Like I fully expect Ash to feel even worse at the end of this, even saying something negative about Go (and I certainly don't want that), making him look even worse. God I hope I'm wrong. I don't need Ash to go into very depressed states and snapping at people. I can't understand why the writers would prefer that approach. Like this couldn't be JUST a Go episode without Ash, or even a completely different episode altogether.

And like I said earlier if Ash does succeed because Go's strategy failed, I don't think I'd be happy with Ash letting Go take the Flygon.

I just ultimately want Ash to get the focus he deserves, but I'm not going to get that series.......yeah yeah I'm whining and complaining........whatever.......as I've said before I'm hopeless and of course I'm getting angry because of it.

It's whatever, I'll never understand the writer's decisions or choices. Just like no one understands me or anyone else for that matter.

JoaquinLorie

But then I have to ask why is Ash in this episode? And I don't mean this be an episode like the Celebi episode.

Ultimately in the context of character development what was the purpose to make Ash fail again likely in the PWC in this episode and against Flygon only for Go to succeed.

I get that its to allow Go to capture Flygon, sure. But was there not a way to do that without Ash failing again?

Why wouldn't this episode based SOLELY around the summary, EXCLUDING the capture completely why wouldn't a type of episode that revolves around Ash being off his game, why wouldn't it be the episode that allows Ash to get on his game.

At this point, I'm starting to not care about the capture. Go can get Flygon all he wants, I don't care any more. But why was it necessary for Ash to have him keep failing?

That's what I don't get. If Go was and absolutely getting Flygon which is what's happening, WHY bring Ash into this episode at all just to fail just so Go can catch Flygon? Why not have the episode be about Go nursing a Flygon back to health and then he catches it. Was it really necessary to say "Flygon is powerful" the people are "Struggling against a sand tomb"

That's why I don't understand why Ash is failing and Go is succeeding, because I don't understand the point. I would think if you were going to make a plot similar to this, at the end of it Ash would succeed.

Like I fully expect Ash to feel even worse at the end of this, even saying something negative about Go (and I certainly don't want that), making him look even worse. God I hope I'm wrong. I don't need Ash to go into very depressed states and snapping at people. I can't understand why the writers would prefer that approach. Like this couldn't be JUST a Go episode without Ash, or even a completely different episode altogether.

And like I said earlier if Ash does succeed because Go's strategy failed, I don't think I'd be happy with Ash letting Go take the Flygon.

I just ultimately want Ash to get the focus he deserves, but I'm not going to get that series.......yeah yeah I'm whining and complaining........whatever.......as I've said before I'm hopeless and of course I'm getting angry because of it.

It's whatever, I'll never understand the writer's decisions or choices. Just like no one understands me or anyone else for that matter.

Maybe Ash will learn a new strategy or something from Go. He fails, Go succeeds, Ash learns.

Ash has room for improvement, specially in a depressive mood.

BlazeKnight7

Maybe wait to see the episode in context before judging how it treats Ash?

dman_dustin

I guess Ash could be using Pikachu and that's why he's unable to do anything, but I still fail to see why Ash needs to be here just to fail again especially if he's failing in the PWC in this episode on top of that.

Maybe Ash will learn a new strategy or something from Go. He fails, Go succeeds, Ash learns.

Ash has room for improvement, specially in a depressive mood.

But Ash wouldn't be able to use said strategy unless Ash somehow gets a Sobble his own or at least a water type. There's not really much you can adapt if its a specific strategy.

Maybe wait to see the episode in context before judging how it treats Ash?

That's what the parts of "Ash letting Go catch Flygon" and "Ash doesn't need to be here" parts are for.

I can't imagine Ash have any sort of success that's beneficial to his character if this is ultimately a Go catching Flygon episode.

Maybe Ash perks up but I would've thought a more focused around him episode would've been better than a Go focused episode. But I could be wrong this could be mixed but more heavily in favor of Go. But I'm not really fond of a repeat of episode 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.