• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 6th: PM2019 036 - Crawl Out of the Sand Tomb, Satoshi and Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

Makes episode about Flygon, doesn't show Flygon in the preview lol.

Also they had to throw in a Trapinch and rub it in. They could have given Goh the Trapinch and given Ash the Flygon or vice versa but no, Goh is the only one that gets anything, I'm annoyed even more now.

Which is why, as much as I dislike it, the Aerodactyl episode better be about Ash and mostly only about Ash.

Go could've gotten Flygon in any other situation, I have NO idea why they had to bother throwing Riolu into the episode just to have it lose to tentacle Pokemon so Ash ends up sulking and being forced into Hoenn, and then somehow struggling against this Flygon, but no, let's turn this into a Go episode because god knows Ash can't have ONE DAMN training episode, training both Riolu and Farfetch'd throughout an entire episode. No let's make him a loser the entire episode and Go comes out on top AGAIN just like the Bea episode, to add even more salt to the wound.

Either Ash shouldn't have gotten any focus at all OR Go should've caught Flygon in another episode. That is the ONLY way I could've ever been okay with this situation.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Makes episode about Flygon, doesn't show Flygon in the preview lol.

Also they had to throw in a Trapinch and rub it in. They could have given Goh the Trapinch and given Ash the Flygon or vice versa but no, Goh is the only one that gets anything, I'm annoyed even more now.
That's why Goh is one of the worst characters. lol
I don't care that Goh catches Flygon, though.

Please writers, bring Ash's Gible and fully evolve it already!

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Is Riolu losing 2+ battles in a row here? If so, damn. Too bad Ash doesn't have any other Pokemon he could use to give the little guy a break.

Would be interesting to see his rank plummet a bit more than the small loss against Bea, but I imagine even if it does it'll shoot back up if he beats her in a few weeks.

Sword master zacian

I just want ash to get his own episode for disappointment arc rather than pushing his focus in goh episode
Goh gets his full focus episode why can't ash
And goh is on a streak of captures now(pokemon that are gonna be important to his team)

Mrinal Narang

Some people really need to chill and understand that whole one characters goal is to fill up the dex while the other is a battler. Obviously the former will get more Pokémon captures lol. It's not rocket science.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Which is why, as much as I dislike it, the Aerodactyl episode better be about Ash and mostly only about Ash.

Go could've gotten Flygon in any other situation, I have NO idea why they had to bother throwing Riolu into the episode just to have it lose to tentacle Pokemon so Ash ends up sulking and being forced into Hoenn, and then somehow struggling against this Flygon, but no, let's turn this into a Go episode because god knows Ash can't have ONE DAMN training episode, training both Riolu and Farfetch'd throughout an entire episode. No let's make him a loser the entire episode and Go comes out on top AGAIN just like the Bea episode, to add even more salt to the wound.

Either Ash shouldn't have gotten any focus at all OR Go should've caught Flygon in another episode. That is the ONLY way I could've ever been okay with this situation.
There’s something called pace, dude. There’s no drama about Ash regaining his confidence to train and win after 2 episodes, it’s necessary take the focus from him for while. This isn’t only about Go, it’s about Go trying to help his friend to get over his depression. And, if this means give Go yet another mon, eh, whatever, at least it won’t be a lost trip. That and the reason Ash lost three times in a row is probably him having grapploct flashbacks and specifically having problems against tentacle mons/choosing opponents similar to grapploct to come with a counter to octolock.

The episode makes sense to build some tension for the Alola episode and I believe Ash will be fully recovered by the fossil episode.

I’m disappointed that Ash isn’t getting trapinch/flygon and could potentially get aerodactyl, but, considering the preview, it looks obvious he isn’t in conditions to even get a flu, by now.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Lol be prepared for disappointment then. That episode is about Goh too. Ash is getting the Alola episode and the rematch episode, that's it.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
They are hypnotized. Flygon is like a mermaid, but green, insectoid and definetly not ladylike.

dman_dustin

Some people really need to chill and understand that whole one characters goal is to fill up the dex while the other is a battler. Obviously the former will get more Pokémon captures lol. It's not rocket science.
There are episodes where he catches many Pokemon, and episodes where he catches nothing.

It's NOT A DAMN requirement to have Go have all these damn focus moments, when Ash BARELY gets anything.

There is no benefit to Go having random wild capture episode, no capture episodes, and then REALLY focused capturing episodes.

IF Ash can't even get a full episode devoted to training, let alone an actual episode BONDING with his Pokemon.

Like I said, Go could've got Flygon in a WHOLE devoted episode JUST to him and Flygon AFTER the rematch. Why the hell is it happening now, when the ONLY MAYBE focus Ash will get is the Alolan episode. The Aerodactyl episode isn't even a guarantee to be about Ash.

There’s something called pace, dude. There’s no drama about Ash regaining his confidence to train and win after 2 episodes, it’s necessary take the focus from him for while. This isn’t only about Go, it’s about Go trying to help his friend to get over his depression. And, if this means give Go yet another mon, eh, whatever, at least it won’t be a lost trip.

The episode makes sense to build some tension for the Alola episode and I believe Ash will be fully recovered by the fossil episode.

I’m disappointed that Ash isn’t getting trapinch/flygon and could potentially get aerodactyl, but, considering the preview, it looks obvious he isn’t in conditions to even get a flu.

I don't think it was necessary to have Riolu lose two battles in a row, resulting in Ash having depression just to switch over to this being a Go episode.

I've decided, it doesn't matter what this episode is about, it should've JUST been about Ash or JUST about Go.

I'm more worried their going to pull this crap again in the Aerodactyl episode, you know the episode RIGHT before the rematch.

And that's likely going to be a Go focused episode too.

Like I don't know how the Alola episode is supposed to be some catch all fix all for Ash's depression lack of confidence IN a 22 minute episode. That's going to cram a WHOLE LOT OF CRAP in a single episode, that I can't even imagine how Farfetch'd or even Riolu is going to get any reasonable focus.

Or let's say they do, HOW is Ash's Alolan Pokemon or Ash's ALOLAN classmates going to get any reasonable focus?

22 minutes is NOT A WHOLE LOT to work with. Especially Pokemon Journeys where its like its the same exact time as every other series but for some reason it doesn't seem like they know how to fill it, so we get random fluff. I can't explain it but the episodes feel too short. I don't know if that's because its structured TOO episodically or what, but these episodes don't feel like they are making the best out of the situation.

This could've been some loss and a lot of training, and ending that Ash is happy that his Pokemon are giving it their all but maybe its just not enough then the Alola episode could serve its purpose and MAYBE the same with Aerodactyl.

I literally do not like how this acts like an Ash episode in the beginning ONLY to be like "YEAH NOPE, Ash has to suffer, here let's give Go a win" and let's just somehow magically fix Ash in a heavily crowded episode, and maybe an episode that might not give any focus to Ash at all but PROBABLY GO, and were right to assume that it was Go's Aerodactyl.

You talk about pace, and Ash is ONLY likely getting ONE episode before his rematch against Bea and I have no confidence that it'll be enough. Let alone MAYBE the Aerodactyl episode, the episode BEFORE the rematch.

Where is the pace you speak of? I don't want Ash's problems to magically be resolved in a few minutes, just because his classmates give him a pep talk.

I want an episode devoted to Ash training and bonding with his Pokemon and then having a random 2 vs 2, at the end of the depression and then follow up later with the rematch. And at most Go just throws a Poke ball at a random Pokemon and catches it.

So what pace are you talking about? All I'm seeing is ONE episode primarily about Go with some focus to Ash, another episode that should be about Ash but can't possibly have any real meaning to Ash's issues given what likely the episode is going to contain, and an episode that more than likely is about Go as well. What PACE?

What pace, if Ash is only getting scraps of the episodes devoted to him, whereas other characters get the bulk of those episodes. Either Go in some cases, or maybe Koharu in her episodes.

The only episodes Ash got to himself was basically Gengar's capture episode, and Riolu's episode, and his battle with Visquez and against Bea. And if you want to squeeze another one out, maybe the Pikachu temper tantrum episode.

Dragonite's capture heavily involved Go especially in the form of Dewgong (though Ash did get a bit more focus, I'd say 55% Ash 45% Go), The Farfetch'd episode at least didn't have Go focus, but Ash and Farfetch'd still only got like maybe 28% of the episode, maybe generously 33% of the episode. And the Korrina episode was more about Ash than Go, but Go still played a heavy capture role in that episode.

Where is Ash's training/bonding episode in all of this before the rematch?

That's right it doesn't exist. At best Ash is getting slices of the episodes to get any of this. There is no "Ash, Farfetch'd and Riolu lost at night" episode. There's no "Riolu vs Farfetch'd! New Power" episode.

It's a Flygon episode where Ash loses throughout the entire episode, a reunion and at best a pep up talk and maybe some scenes of training, and an Aerodactyl episode which MORE than likely is going to Go because catching is the ONLY DAMN Important thing in this DAMNED series.

Not Ash's PWC, not his bond with his Pokemon. Ash is literally the May/Dawn of the series and he's playing second fiddle to Go's capture spree. And yeah because I'm sure Go deserves quality captures. I don't think at the cost of Ash focus and his Pokemon getting focus. But that's not my decision or choice, just something that I have to live with.

D

Deleted member 384931

There are episodes where he catches many Pokemon, and episodes where he catches nothing.

It's NOT A DAMN requirement to have Go have all these damn focus moments, when Ash BARELY gets anything.

There is no benefit to Go having random wild capture episode, no capture episodes, and then REALLY focused capturing episodes.

IF Ash can't even get a full episode devoted to training, let alone an actual episode BONDING with his Pokemon.

Like I said, Go could've got Flygon in a WHOLE devoted episode JUST to him and Flygon AFTER the rematch. Why the hell is it happening now, when the ONLY MAYBE focus Ash will get is the Alolan episode. The Aerodactyl episode isn't even a guarantee to be about Ash.

I don't think it was necessary to have Riolu lose two battles in a row, resulting in Ash having depression just to switch over to this being a Go episode.

I've decided, it doesn't matter what this episode is about, it should've JUST been about Ash or JUST about Go.

I'm more worried their going to pull this crap again in the Aerodactyl episode, you know the episode RIGHT before the rematch.

Like I don't know how the Alola episode is supposed to be some catch all fix all for Ash's depression lack of confidence IN a 22 minute episode. That's going to cram a WHOLE LOT OF CRAP in a single episode, that I can't even imagine how Farfetch'd or even Riolu is going to get any reasonable focus.

Or let's say they do, HOW is Ash's Alolan Pokemon or Ash's ALOLAN classmates going to get any reasonable focus?

22 minutes is NOT A WHOLE LOT to work with. Especially Pokemon Journeys where its like its the same exact time as every other series but for some reason it doesn't seem like they know how to fill it, so we get random fluff. I can't explain it but the episodes feel too short. I don't know if that's because its structured TOO episodically or what, but these episodes don't feel like they are making the best out of the situation.

This could've been some loss and a lot of training, and ending that Ash is happy that his Pokemon are giving it their all but maybe its just not enough then the Alola episode could serve its purpose and MAYBE the same with Aerodactyl.

I literally do not like how this acts like an Ash episode in the beginning ONLY to be like "YEAH NOPE, Ash has to suffer, here let's give Go a win" and let's just somehow magically fix Ash in a heavily crowded episode, and maybe an episode that might not give any focus to Ash at all but PROBABLY GO, and were right to assume that it was Go's Aerodactyl.

You talk about pace, and Ash is ONLY likely getting ONE episode before his rematch against Bea and I have no confidence that it'll be enough. Let alone MAYBE the Aerodactyl episode, the episode BEFORE the rematch.

Where is the pace you speak of? I don't want Ash's problems to magically be resolved in a few minutes, just because his classmates give him a pep talk.

I want an episode devoted to Ash training and bonding with his Pokemon and then having a random 2 vs 2, at the end of the depression and then follow up later with the rematch. And at most Go just throws a Poke ball at a random Pokemon and catches it.

So what pace are you talking about? All I'm seeing is ONE episode primarily about Go with some focus to Ash, another episode that should be about Ash but can't possibly have any real meaning to Ash's issues given what likely the episode is going to contain, and an episode that more than likely is about Go as well. What PACE?

What pace, if Ash is only getting scraps of the episodes devoted to him, whereas other characters get the bulk of those episodes. Either Go in some cases, or maybe Koharu in her episodes.

The only episodes Ash got to himself was basically Gengar's capture episode, and Riolu's episode, and his battle with Visquez and against Bea. And if you want to squeeze another one out, maybe the Pikachu temper tantrum episode.

Dragonite's capture heavily involved Go especially in the form of Dewgong (though Ash did get a bit more focus, I'd say 55% Ash 45% Go), The Farfetch'd episode at least didn't have Go focus, but Ash and Farfetch'd still only got like maybe 28% of the episode, maybe generously 33% of the episode. And the Korrina episode was more about Ash than Go, but Go still played a heavy capture role in that episode.

That's right it doesn't exist. At best Ash is getting slices of the episodes to get any of this. There is no "Ash, Farfetch'd and Riolu lost at night" episode. There's no "Riolu vs Farfetch'd! New Power" episode.

It's a Flygon episode where Ash loses throughout the entire episode, a reunion and at best a pep up talk and maybe some scenes of training, and an Aerodactyl episode which MORE than likely is going to Go because catching is the ONLY DAMN Important thing in this DAMNED series.

Not Ash's PWC, not his bond with his Pokemon. Ash is literally the May/Dawn of the series and he's playing second fiddle to Go's capture spree. And yeah because I'm sure Go deserves quality captures. I don't think at the cost of Ash focus and his Pokemon getting focus. But that's not my decision or choice, just something that I have to live with.
Buddy it is an anime. Not real, dont get worked up so much for nothing important

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
...Um... I'm sensing tension here...

Ahem. I'm a little taken aback by Ash being more of a drama queen that just having his head down in frustration. It seems like a little much. He's probably close to 1000th place in the rankings at this point though, so I imagine he's frustrated about possibly getting booted from the Great Ball Class.

Hopefully, Goh can get him to snap out of his funk with whatever they'll do in this episode. Or at least try. I'm sure we'll have our awesome Ash back by the end of the Alola episode afterwards.

EDIT: And now I'm just going to walk away from this thread before another rant comes along...

UnovaMaster

Can you try living with it with a few less sentences?

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Can you try living with it with a few less sentences?
*sweats* I think you're going to make it worse...

Ugh, this has been such a bad year...

I at least hope something else that's interesting happens out of this. Like maybe some foreshadowing for a future episode? Or perhaps a Hoenn native rival for Ash? Wally or Steven? Or someone else?

What if that Trapinch is the one that will evolve all the way into Flygon? It is as thogh they are fighting it multiple times.

Glad to see Octillery appearing here. Not a big fan of the species but it doesn't get many appearances.

I know they are making Riolu fight for plot purpose but it is still a bit weird that Ash won't use some other mon. Or maybe he does. Gotta wait for the episode for confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.