• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 6th: PM2019 036 - Crawl Out of the Sand Tomb, Satoshi and Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Three loses in a row. He is probably back in Normal Class at this rate

VarientAsh12

You are simply dazzling
Oh great more whining about Flygon. Get it over people, it’s getting laughably pathetic. Who cares if Go gets it??? And @dman_dustin can you F off with the essays?
Nah, you just got to let them whine. It's not like it's doing anything good for them. Even if it means complaining about the same thing every day. Besides, most of the people here like myself like laughing at their comments.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Would've felt odd had Ash been seriously, severely depressed over a few losses at this point, so I'm glad it looks like they're mostly playing it for laughs while establishing he's still feeling down. Seeing Go just drag him out of the corner is really funny.

Yeah he's moping, not depressed. He's a kid having a bad day, not an adult posting in the serebii forums, he can still bounce back.
Absolutely no mercy lol, not wrong at all though.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Eh whatever, all I’m interested in is seeing how Go’s catching Flygon. And from how some snippets of the ep was shown like 2-3 weeks prior, it’ll be by battling which will probably be one of the few times Go will ever earn one of his captures instead of chucking them like he was at a party throwing darts at a target while blindfolded trying to hit the center.

PokemonJourneys2

Lazy snorlax
Sure, if Go was an an actual flesh and blood human that was real, you'd be absolutely right in that Go isn't stealing anything from Ash.

But he's not. He's a character in an anime that's written by humans who produce 22 minute episodes.

If they write, and Go gets 70% of the focus while Ash only gets 30%, I cannot imagine how that's not deliberate and I don't see how that isn't deliberate of screwing Ash over with the mindset of "Ash gets more than enough"

Let me repeat again what will likely happen:

Ash lost to Bea.

Go got Raichu, whatever.

Ash only loses in this episode a direct repeat of Bea, okay fine depression arc. Go gets Flygon, whatever, More about Go than Ash.

Alola episode, okay pep talk but how is Ash going to do any meaningful training/bonding here with Go, Alolan characters being here?

Next is Aerodactyl episode will more than likely be about Go catching it. Where is the training/bonding except out of minor focus in the episode. So another Go episode.

Then the rematch?

Where was the Ash episode aside from the Alola episode which is just going to be cramped with a whole bunch of stuff?

Why does Go need these "quality" captures. How is capturing a Pokemon more interesting than training/bonding.

And here's my biggest issue......WHY NOW? I've said repeatedly there was a much better time for this. Except there isn't, is there? Because this is the permanent series structure, isn't it?

Ash gets maybe one focused episode and then it goes back to Go with likely 2 episodes.....here's anothrr Ash episode......followed by mor Go episodes......here's an Ash episode.........oops how about some Koharu episodes.

If the Aerodactyl episode just didn't exist or rather moved elsewhere and it was an Ash focus episode, then maybe then there could've been a Go episode buffer (Aerodactyl) and the rematch started on 40 instead of 39.

I would've been fine. Instead they decided to structure these episodes that Ash would've received too much focus if Ash gets major focus in the Aerodactyl episode then people will complain Ash is getting too much focus.

"Three episodes in a row? When will Go get his turn with focus?" Uncontrollable sobbing.

So no, for me the series structure is just garbage. And unfortunately Go highlights this garbage with all this focus he gets in comparison.

If they have to give Ash a Rayquaza with dragon ascent just to somehow balancetbhe focus then that's not desirable over just giving Ash Go level focus.

Have you ever thought of taking a break from this series? No, this is a serious question.

Past times the focus wasn't exactly evenly split on all three companions. In order of priority, it was Ash 50%, the Poke Girl 35%, and the third wheel having the rest due to a severe lack of ongoing goal.
Exactly. My writtings might be ambiguous but what you write is what I mean.
In past series, the focuses are split between Ash and non-Ash (the female companion(s) get more focus than the male because Ash is already a male character)
Split between Ash and non-Ash = 50% Ash and 50% non-Ash

Female companion have more focus than male = female 35% & male 15%

Thanks for elaborating it. :D

AJ97

I think they are setting it up in such a way that Ash defeats Bea who is going to be at a much higher rank than him the second time around and hence, give him a significant boost in rank after defeating her.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Xuxuba

Oh wow why does this thread has so many pages?

Anyway, i am guessing Gou catches a Trapinch on this one and maybe he evolves or something.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Dafuq you mean? It's likely going to evolve and defeat Bea in a couple of Episodes

The one who "Deserves Better" is Galarian Farfetch'd.

And he'll get his time when his evolution happens.
It sucks that we won't likely get to see him or Riolu get in a win before they beat Bea though, they certainly won't win here. They didn't train in the Raichu episode, probably nothing in the fossil episode.... Ash battling Kiawe was the only chance but Goh had to rob Ash of that like he robbed him of Sobble....

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
And he'll get his time when his evolution happens.
It sucks that we won't likely get to see him or Riolu get in a win before they beat Bea though, they certainly won't win here. They didn't train in the Raichu episode, probably nothing in the fossil episode.... Ash battling Kiawe was the only chance but Goh had to rob Ash of that like he robbed him of Sobble....
I don't think Gou robbed Ash of anything.

But I agree Ash needs to train more

Status
Not open for further replies.