• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 6th: SM89 - A Prism of Light and Darkness: Its name is Necrozma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
DEM 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt incoming.
To OHKO Ultra Necrozma like Nihilego? Nah man, that sounds too much. Ultra Necrozma is supposed to be a god calibre Legendary, it is a powered up version of a fusion form of 2 Legendaries, a.k.a
Dusk Mane Necrozma. I at best can see 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt damaging it somewhat but no way even come close to KO'ing it.

Based on the summary of SM90 it seems like that it'd take everyone's Z-moves/Z-power combined to stop Ultra Necrozma.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
No actually it can be confirmed since they literally show Naganadel making the illusions of the flower field and then we see Ultra Necrozma in the flower field, and if you look at the background of the fight between Dusk Mane Necrozma and Lunala+ Sivally you would see that there not in a flower field, which makes it unlikely for the Ultra Necorzma where seeing in the preview to be real and as it would not make sense for Naganadel to bring up that illusion in the middle of the battle.

Whether we actually see Dusk Mane Necrozma transform in this episode I can't really say however, it's safe to say that the Ultra Necrozma in the flower field is a illusion created by Naganadel to show what happened in the past, given the context of the scene there is no getting around that no matter how much you try to stretch it.
Naganadel isn't Zoroark who has the Illusion ability or isn't a Psychic Pokemon which can share it's memories via Psychic ways like Latias did in M05, so what you're saying sounds pretty absurd.

ShadowForce720

Naganadel isn't Zoroark who has the Illusion ability or isn't a Psychic Pokemon which can share it's memories via Psychic ways like Latias did in M05, so what you're saying sounds pretty absurd.

Dude we literally see Nagandel create the Illusion in the second preview of the episode, does it make sense? no, but that is the reality of the situation no matter how you try to argue it, and by saying that Nanagadel didn't create the Illusion your making pretty clear that either you didn't watch the 2nd preview of the episode or you weren't paying attention to it. The part I'm talking about in the 2nd preview starts at timestamp 0:20.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Maybe the Ultra Necrozma in the preview might be from the illusion of Naganadel, but I'm quite confident that regardless, Ultra Necrozma will indeed be in the episode towards the end to finish the arc in SM090. I mean all the conditions needed for Ultra Necrozma to appear are all there, with Necrozma already having absorbed Solgaleo, as well as the setting taking place in Ultra Megapolis (or whatever equivalent it is in the anime). Having come this far, it'll make no sense for Ultra Necrozma to not happen.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Ultra Necrozma won't just go down without a fight from the very Z moves that it helped to create with it's light. I'm expecting it to use it's own Z Move with the power it has and seeing as it gave light to the world of Alola(and presumably the rest of the world), and plus it has Neuroforce to reinforce super effective damage. Maybe one of the main characters suddenly gets the ability to use 1 more Z move?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Weird ultra space alien plot convenience powers. It's just a convenient excuse because they wouldn't be able to understand what Naganadel is saying regardless.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Dude we literally see Nagandel create the Illusion in the second preview of the episode, does it make sense? no, but that is the reality of the situation no matter how you try to argue it, and by saying that Nanagadel didn't create the Illusion your making pretty clear that either you didn't watch the 2nd preview of the episode or you weren't paying attention to it. The part I'm talking about in the 2nd preview starts at timestamp 0:20.
Literally from where are you getting this idea that Naganadel is creating the so 'illusion' lol? We can see the whole place becomes full of light and flowery meadows all of a sudden, there isn't much to suggest that Naganadel is doing it.

And secondly, literally where is this idea coming from that the Poipole/Naganadel's world becoming full of light and flowery meadows is a illusion in the first place? There is hardly much to suggest that it's even an illusion, it could be just that: after the appearance of Ultra Necrozma, the area becomes full of light and meadows due to the influence of Ultra Necrozma; since Ultra Necrozma is a creature entirely made of light, it's by lore 'the radiant one' who brought light to Alola when it was full of darkness at one point.
Weird ultra space alien plot convenience powers. It's just a convenient excuse because they wouldn't be able to understand what Naganadel is saying regardless.
Read above. There's hardly much to suggest that it's even an illusion in the first place and created by Naganadel, it could be just that the place becomes full of light and flowers with Ultra Necrozma's appearance, due to the influence of Ultra Necrozma.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Literally from where are you getting this idea that Naganadel is creating the so 'illusion' lol? We can see the whole place becomes full of light and flowery meadows all of a sudden, there isn't much to suggest that Naganadel is doing it.

And secondly, literally where is this idea coming from that the Poipole/Naganadel's world becoming full of light and flowery meadows is a illusion in the first place? There is hardly anything to suggest that it's even an illusion, it could be just that: after the appearance of Ultra Necrozma, the area becomes full of light and meadows due to the influence of Ultra Necrozma; since Ultra Necrozma is a creature entirely made of light, it's by lore 'the radiant one' who brought light to Alola when it was full of darkness at one point.

Read above. There's hardly anything to suggest that it's even an illusion in the first place and created by Naganadel, it could be just that the place becomes full of light and flowers with Ultra Necrozma's appearance, due to the influence of Ultra Necrozma.

Wow you certainly didn't pay attention to the previews if your not thinking that is a illusion heck the first preview literally showed a meteor coming down on the flower field. Also yes there is something that suggest that Naganadel is the one creating it since it's eyes just started glowing rainbow and then the illusion popped up, not to mention that it's coming out spreading out from Naganadel, so it is a illusion no matter how much you try to argue it especially since it's spreading from Naganadel and not Necorzma.

heck look at time stamp 0:13-0:14 in the first preview it's pretty clear and obvious that it's an illusion.

hardly any thing to suggest that it's an illusion don't make laugh, there are plenty of things that suggest that it is an illusion, it's just that your choosing to ignore them because it doesn't fit with your argument.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Wow you certainly didn't pay attention to the previews if your not thinking that is a illusion heck the first preview literally showed a meteor coming down on the flower field.

heck look at time stamp 0:13-0:14 in the first preview it's pretty clear and obvious that it's an illusion.
I saw it, and it showed Ash and co. + Naganadel just standing in a specific footing with the surroundings moving like a vision with a meteor going past them, so I'll agree that it was an illusion.

But in that specific scene (where the meteor falls), the surroundings aren't quite similar to the flowery meadow landscape that is afterwards shown in the preview + in the second preview too. So even though the meteor seems to be an illusion type of thing, that doesn't quite confirm that the flowery meadow landscape is also an illusion.

Also yes there is something that suggest that Naganadel is the one creating it since it's eyes just started glowing rainbow and then the illusion popped up, not to mention that it's coming out spreading out from Naganadel, so it is a illusion no matter how much you try to argue it especially since it's spreading from Naganadel and not Necorzma.
Well, first of all the scene where Naganadel's eyes are glowing rainbow and the scene where the flowery meadow landscape starts to spread could possibly also be 2 different scenes which are being shown in the preview concurrently; we can't be sure that those are the part of the same scene one after another. The flowery meadow landscape seems to be spreading from the point where Naganadel is; but it could be just that flowery meadows full of light is starting from the point where Naganadel is present, that's it, but not necessarily that Naganadrl is creating the flowery meadows as illusions.

Considering Naganadel doesn't have the Illusion ability like Zoroark nor it is a Psychic type who can just share its own memories like visions (like Latias did in M05, so it creating an illusion would pretty much ridiculous and would hardly be logical. If that truly happens simply because of plot convenience and with the weird excuse of weird alien power, it would rather look like a cop-out or something that defies logical explanation IMO, so I'm not sure how that will work out.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I think that Ash will use Ultra Necrozma's Z-Move to give the light of Poipoles world back again
This would probably be top 5 anime moments if this does happen. Put the Ultra Necrozma battle theme too and it might be my favorite moment in SM. All I need is Ultra Necrozma + its theme/Z Move to satisfy me tbh

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Please at least give the Ultra Necrozma theme a great anime remix during the final battle!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
"Light that Burns the Sky" does not sound like a move that should be solving this crisis (Hell, it sounds more like it'd be causing it), but it would certainly be an interesting way of showcasing the move, I guess.

I'd be all for it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Please at least give the Ultra Necrozma theme a great anime remix during the final battle!
Yeah definitely. But I don’t expect it’ll happen too early. Maybe if there’s a cliffhanger in the way that Necrozma begins to gain light and transforms, maybe the music will start to foreshadow Ultra Necrozma.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think that Ash will use Ultra Necrozma's Z-Move to give the light of Poipoles world back again

That would be an awesome way of showing the move, since they obviously can't go using those z-moves in a battle. Tobias 2.0 using Marshadow's z-move incoming

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe. For the same reason Ash used Searing Sunraze Smash to open up an Ultra Wormhole, he could perform Light That Burns The Sky to cause Team Rocket to go back to their original world. Like they could find the light so blinding they just want to turn back.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
So I'm curious, if Naganadel is the one to show that vision, who tf just decided "lets give Naganadel psychic powers and the ability to show visions!" like no that's such a bs idea... it's a fricken poison type without an ounce of psychic moves... but w.e the writers can do what they want.

Can this arc be over yet and can we get rid of poipole? yes please.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I'm curious, if Naganadel is the one to show that vision, who tf just decided "lets give Naganadel psychic powers and the ability to show visions!" like no that's such a bs idea... it's a fricken poison type without an ounce of psychic moves... but w.e the writers can do what they want.

Can this arc be over yet and can we get rid of poipole? yes please.
Well it could be a power that was just anime exclusive so that it would have something special. I think they decided to use something other than a flashback to explain its backstory because I think it would be harder for the Ultra Guardians to even understand what's going on and it would be better for Naganadel to explain it using illusions it has generated even though it doesn't have many moves that involve creating illusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.