• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 8th: SM138 - The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
*Screenplay 藤咲淳一 (Junichi Fujisaku)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 小柴純弥 (Junya Koshiba)
Animation Director 新城真 (Makoto Shinjō)

---

https://i.imgur.com/jWOmesD.jpg

THE DECISIVE BATTLE OF THE ALOLA POKÉMON LEAGUE! WHO WILL BECOME CHAMPION?!
The Alola Pokémon League is the tournament that will determine the strongest Trainer in Alola! Here is a presentation of the 3 Trainers that have won their way through, and of their Pokémon!

SATOSHI:
Pikachu
Mokuroh
Nyaheat
Lugarugan (Dusk Form)

GUZMA:
Gusokumusha: Uses powerful moves like Poison Jab and Throat Chop. It defense is high as well.
SEE PIKACHU VS GUSOKUMUSHA ON SEPTEMBER 1ST!

GLADIO:
Lugarugan (Midnight Form): Unleashes Rock type and Dragon type Z-Moves together with Gladio. It uses the its rock mane and sharp claws as weapons.
Zoroark: Uses illusions to present itself as other Pokémon or humans. It was originally Gladio's father's Pokémon.
Silvady: Can freely change its type via items. Uses a move that changes type according to its own type.
SEE SILVADY'S MOVES EXPLODE WITH POWER ON SEPTEMBER 8TH!

SOMETHING HAPPENS TO MELTAN IN THE EPISODE THAT AIRS SEPTEMBER 8TH!
*A mass gathering of Meltan!
*Enter Melmetal, which looks a lot like Meltan!

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Why are people so sure Lycanroc will lose? It could defeat its rival but be knocked out by Gladion's next Pokemon.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Why are people so sure Lycanroc will lose? It could defeat its rival but be knocked out by Gladion's next Pokemon.
There’s also Meltan calling its friends over so perhaps Melmetal might be the true star, jobs, or is some post-league thing.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member

Ash-Greninja trauma, really.

If I'm Ash, I absolutely want to give Lycanroc the chance to redeem himself. But those two prior losses are why he's an unpopular Pokemon with fans who find losing hateful.

Jobbing three times would make him one Ash's most hated Pokemon. Even more than Oshawott.

Rohanator

Makoto Shinjo has pretty interesting history with Pokemon actually, his first animation director credit (according to Bulbapedia) is for AG186, Torkoal VS Registeel, which I think was great for Pokemon at the time. He then worked on a bunch of DP episodes including Starly's evolution, the first Tag Battle tournament episode, the Spiritomb episode and Zoey VS Nando, all of which I remember having some memorable stuff animation wise. Since DP176 he hasn't worked on Pokemon till randomly showing back up for SM117, and then the Battle Royal ep, which admittedly was weak but maybe he's saving something for this big occasion.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Hey Ash made it to the finals again so I don't have hear any whining about regressing in placement at least

Oh the haters on this site and everywhere else will find more excuses to hate SM. Despite how I really don't mind this league.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Oh the haters on this site and everywhere else will find more excuses to hate SM. Despite how I really don't mind this league.
Anyone going into this League expecting a highly intense affair like last Gen have only themselves to blame. Given the kinda series SM is and the downplayed focus on battles this saga I was not expecting anything more than what we're getting. The focus is obviously more on the personal growth of those participating than it is just solely focusing on Ash trying to claw his way to the top

Status
Not open for further replies.