1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

September 8th: SM138 - The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Aug 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper of the Gates Ambitious

Last League he won was Orange League (only League win), but last major accomplishment was the Battle Frontier.

2. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I found it interesting at first when people pointed out the balloon colors at the beginning of the tournament a couple of months ago, but now I do feel like the fandom is reaching a bit when it comes to how certain things are supposedly clues about Satoshi winning the battle against Gladio and the Alola League overall.

3. Thumbs2

Thumbs2 Well-Known Member

The "Ash is going to win because of balloons" reminds me way too much of the "Skull kid confirmed because of chairs" thing from Smash.

Twilight-Kun likes this.
  4. Bortgreen

Bortgreen Pocket Monsters looks great!

It kinda was a foreshadowing, but to World of Light instead

I talk about that in the following comment:

And, of course, the fact the prize is a match vs Masked Royal

5. GarchompChain

GarchompChain Well-Known Member

Well, that could be foreshadowing. The anime has forsakened storylines before though. I see Ash never winning a league as 'foreshadowing' for him losing this 'league' as well.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  6. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

What red balloon? The only red balloon I remember is that from Charmander episode( OS).

7. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

In episode 127 they showed six balloons with each color representing Ash and the five classmates. Of the six the Dark red one floated up into the sky. There is some meaning behind that

8. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

It means Ash is flying away to Galar.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuh.

9. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

waiting on the big reveal that galar is actually a sky island

10. Miky

Miky 米歇尔

Isn't Orange League non-canon, though? At least from what I heard. Wasn't it a filler arc to wait for Johto?

Twilight-Kun likes this.
  11. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper of the Gates Ambitious

No such thing as non-canon. It's not in the games, no, but he's still got the trophy in his room.

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  12. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

It's not canon to the games but the anime is in its own continuity. So it's canon. It was a filler arc to buy time for johto but that doesn't make it non canon

13. Miky

Miky 米歇尔

Well, if you say so.

But on another thread, I can't believe we're actually using balloons to predict the outcome. What if the balloons failed to predict? When was there a last time where we had to use something to predict something?!

MockingJ likes this.
  14. GarchompChain

No, it doesn't have to mean something. You're making all of this up.

15. Red and Blue

They put that scene there for some reason. Even if by chance it has nothing to do with the league

16. GarchompChain

No they didn't. You're giving these writers way too much credit.

17. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

If Torracat wins the Guzma fight on his lonesome, I could see it or Rowlet sitting out for a 4v4 with Gladion

18. Red and Blue

So how much longer until we get a summary? If they are hiding the winner of Gladion vs. Kiawe then hopefully sometime next week

19. GhostWallker98

GhostWallker98 Active Member

It will probably be sometime before the Guzma vs Ash fight happens or during that since it is 2 episodes.

20. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I'd laugh if Kiawe actually won.
    The guy would deserve it but still pretty unexpected

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.