• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 8th: SM138 - The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Good day, everyone!

I heard that there is a supposed rumor that has to do with Ash potentially winning the league, against Gladion in the finals. If I may have a two cent take on that, has there been any rumors about the next episodes that was proved to be real and doesn't have to do with short summaries? I'm thinking that the EP 138 short summary would be something along the lines of 'Who will win in the finals?!' instead of saying who would win.

As far as I know, I haven't seen someone saying a episode leak that was proved to be true, but I'm aware it's rare for that to even happen. Personally, I doubt Ash will win the league, given today's episode, but I would be a little surprised if that were true. While it is true that spoilers may lower people's expectations or excitement because of knowing who will there be, even if it's a spoiler, they would likely be surprised if Ash won. The last time was in Orange League, if I'm not wrong.

But in the end, I don't think it would likely matter the outcome. Ash winning or not, some peoples are definitely going to be mad because this league is like a joke.

And I keep hearing about the balloons being used to predict the victors of the rounds. What's up with that?
Last League he won was Orange League (only League win), but last major accomplishment was the Battle Frontier.

Leonhart

Imagineer
GarchompChain said:
Are people really thinking these writers are putting symbolism in Pokémon? The writing has always been simple. They don't think ahead.

I found it interesting at first when people pointed out the balloon colors at the beginning of the tournament a couple of months ago, but now I do feel like the fandom is reaching a bit when it comes to how certain things are supposedly clues about Satoshi winning the battle against Gladio and the Alola League overall.

Thumbs2

The "Ash is going to win because of balloons" reminds me way too much of the "Skull kid confirmed because of chairs" thing from Smash.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
The "Ash is going to win because of balloons" reminds me way too much of the "Skull kid confirmed because of chairs" thing from Smash.
It kinda was a foreshadowing, but to World of Light instead

The balloons aren't foreshadowing at all. Out of curiosity, what do you see as foreshadowing that Ash is winning this?
I talk about that in the following comment:

Yeah let's hype up Ash's relationship with Kukui and Masked Royal and Torracat's development, make an entire episode of Ash inspiring past Professor Kukui, have an Ash vs Kukui battle interrupted and never resumed since SM002, show Kukui dreaming about Ash vs Masked Royal in the opening...

To crush everything because Ash can't win even a somewhat amateur league.
The worst thing is that there is always a chance the writers actually do this, even more after Kalos League(aka champions bait)
And, of course, the fact the prize is a match vs Masked Royal

It kinda was a foreshadowing, but to World of Light instead

I talk about that in the following comment:

And, of course, the fact the prize is a match vs Masked Royal
Well, that could be foreshadowing. The anime has forsakened storylines before though. I see Ash never winning a league as 'foreshadowing' for him losing this 'league' as well.

Red and Blue

What red balloon? The only red balloon I remember is that from Charmander episode( OS).
In episode 127 they showed six balloons with each color representing Ash and the five classmates. Of the six the Dark red one floated up into the sky. There is some meaning behind that

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Isn't Orange League non-canon, though? At least from what I heard. Wasn't it a filler arc to wait for Johto?
No such thing as non-canon. It's not in the games, no, but he's still got the trophy in his room.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Isn't Orange League non-canon, though? At least from what I heard. Wasn't it a filler arc to wait for Johto?

It's not canon to the games but the anime is in its own continuity. So it's canon. It was a filler arc to buy time for johto but that doesn't make it non canon

Miky

No such thing as non-canon. It's not in the games, no, but he's still got the trophy in his room.

Well, if you say so.

But on another thread, I can't believe we're actually using balloons to predict the outcome. What if the balloons failed to predict? When was there a last time where we had to use something to predict something?!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
If Torracat wins the Guzma fight on his lonesome, I could see it or Rowlet sitting out for a 4v4 with Gladion

Red and Blue

So how much longer until we get a summary? If they are hiding the winner of Gladion vs. Kiawe then hopefully sometime next week

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So how much longer until we get a summary? If they are hiding the winner of Gladion vs. Kiawe then hopefully sometime next week

I'd laugh if Kiawe actually won.
The guy would deserve it but still pretty unexpected

Status
Not open for further replies.