1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

September 8th: SM138 - The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Aug 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Another year of wasting my life ಠ_ಠ

Well, there's an anti-theory that I feel people might have overlooked... it's kinda dumb and honestly shouldn't be looked to as anything significant.
    Kinda odd Ash has led off every round since the Battle Royale up to until the Semi-Finals, where he's fighting second... Checking my drift there?

2. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

Wasn’t James vs Gladion the first round in the Top 8?

3. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Another year of wasting my life ಠ_ಠ

Was it... well, there goes the cool thing I was keeping in my head for a while now. Man I can be such an idiot

4. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

What was your idea?

5. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I disagree about Kaki deserving the win, however. Gladio has always come off as being more experienced than him, and I'd even go as far as to say that he's the most experienced recurring character in this entire saga.

6. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

That reason could just be the animator likes drawing balloons. Heck it could Be they needed to add s second or two to make up episode length and balloons are easy

mehmeh1 likes this.
  7. Sham

Sham It’s coming

I want to Kiawe and Gladion both to win, they should of been of the final battle to be honest. Anyway I’m glad Torracat finally came to put in work without being overshadowed by the dog or the mouse.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  8. Leonhart

I think the balloon scene was just a throwaway moment meant to increase the length of the episode as well. The writers don't usually give us clues about what will happen in future episodes by inserting foreshadowing via everyday items. It's just not their typical style. I think Satoshi will probably win against Gladio here or in the following episode if their battle is indeed a two-parter, but not because of the balloons.

MockingJ and KenzeyEevee like this.
  9. Ashfahad123

Ashfahad123 Champion Ash!!!!

The "balloon theory" could be right, since SM has had foreshadowing before. But it could also just be to increase the length of the episode.

MockingJ likes this.
  10. GarchompChain

GarchompChain Well-Known Member

When did it have foreshadowing?

11. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper of the Gates Ambitious

Stoutland's death. Especially the episode where it actually happened with the tree losing its leaves.

MockingJ likes this.
  12. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

I'm pretty sure no one needed all that symbolic foreshadowing to tell it was dying anyway. It was pretty obvious it was keeling over for good.

I like how the dub danced around saying "he's dying."

Twilight-Kun, Xuxuba and Zoruagible like this.
  13. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

Bulbapedia did.

14. SceptileTheBanana

SceptileTheBanana DRAGON TAIL!

Unfortunately this is this first league where I am actively rooting against Ash. He doesn’t deserve to win after the garbage progression this series has produced

15. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

Or a clown is coming for him

16. Leonhart

If the level of the competition at the Alola League were miles ahead of Satoshi's current skill level, I might agree. But I personally feel that his skills are almost as good as Gladio's, so him winning with a little more determination wouldn't be out of the question.

mehmeh1 and maartjeverhoef like this.
  17. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

It'd be that way for me if it was Kiawe here, we've seen Ash lose to Gladion and Incineroar too many times already. It's not fun seeing Ash never overtake opponents, he'll never see them again, and it honestly feels like he failed.

18. Ambyssin

Ambyssin Winter can't come soon enough

Honestly, after that fake-out with Rowlet, I'm firmly expecting Ash to win. It'd be really bizarre for them to have done that... only to have him lose anyway.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Bortgreen and KenzeyEevee like this.
  19. Leonhart

Well the writers have certainly done stranger things, although to me the fake-out doesn't necessarily make Satoshi's win against Gladio guaranteed since I feel like the writers could easily pull a fake-out against Satoshi as well by making him lose in a similar way to Hau.

20. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

[​IMG]

Me waiting for this summary to drop smh...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.