• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 8th: SM138 - The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Waiting-Skeleton.jpg

Me waiting for this summary to drop smh...
I'm guessing they want to keep the results of Gladion vs Kiawe unspoiled until the episode drops, even though we all know who will win (btw, you haven't updated the battle record thread)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Not like these summaries ever cared about spoiling league matches in the past using blatant episode titles before anyway.
Ah yes, who could be the finalists in "Satoshi's Ultimate Match"? I bet it's Tierno and Astrid.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bortgreen said:
Greninja's orange shuriken was enough of a fake-out already

I suppose that's true, but I don't underestimate the SM writers. I'd hate to see something silly stop Satoshi from winning, but Gladio's pretty strong as well. So the writers finding a way to squeeze a win out of Gladio is what worries me a bit.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I suppose that's true, but I don't underestimate the SM writers. I'd hate to see something silly stop Satoshi from winning, but Gladio's pretty strong as well. So the writers finding a way to squeeze a win out of Gladio is what worries me a bit.
He sleeps in and forgets the match

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Well the writers have certainly done stranger things, although to me the fake-out doesn't necessarily make Satoshi's win against Gladio guaranteed since I feel like the writers could easily pull a fake-out against Satoshi as well by making him lose in a similar way to Hau.
Perhaps. I think that, after Kalos, people are telling themselves Ash will lose so that, if he actually wins, it'll be a pleasant surprise. I mean... I'm doing the exact same thing, but with Gladion instead. :p

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Perhaps. I think that, after Kalos, people are telling themselves Ash will lose so that, if he actually wins, it'll be a pleasant surprise. I mean... I'm doing the exact same thing, but with Gladion instead. :p
Can't blame anyone for be jaded enough to even entertain the concept of Ash winning. By now, Gladio kinda have the right chances to be the champion.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Can't blame anyone for be jaded enough to even entertain the concept of Ash winning. By now, Gladio kinda have the right chances to be the champion.
I suppose that's fair. Personally, I was never all that invested in Ash's goals of being a Pokémon Master in the first place. I'm in it for all the stuff that happens around him. So, I guess it's easy for me not to care and just enjoy the ride or whatever. :V

D

Deleted member 384931

I hope it will be a 3vs3. I want a 6vs6, but that will never happen, so 3vs3.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I can’t wait until Ash uses 10 Million Volt Thunderbolt and, at the last second, Gladion gives Silvally the Ground Memory
Not gonna happen, what with each Memory having its own special Z-Move-styled mantra to go along with it

“Sacred Beast Silvally, I will provide you with even greater power! Receive the Rock Memory! Fangs of Stone that piece all, bring the Wings of Flame to the ground! Multi-Attack!”

Revolver Furious Dragon

I hope it will be a 3vs3. I want a 6vs6, but that will never happen, so 3vs3.

A 6v6 would be nice but it would involve ash having Six Pokémon. A 6v5 would be just horrible in my opinion.

Unless we get an oaked Pokémon back or rotom offers to battle a 6v6 just isn't possible

Status
Not open for further replies.