1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

September 8th: SM138 - The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Aug 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

I'm guessing they want to keep the results of Gladion vs Kiawe unspoiled until the episode drops, even though we all know who will win (btw, you haven't updated the battle record thread)

2. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

I'm new so could someone explain if there's a regular time for these summaries? Or does it vary week to week?

3. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

We usually get summaries for the following episode on Saturday before the upcoming one airs on Sunday

4. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

Not like these summaries ever cared about spoiling league matches in the past using blatant episode titles before anyway.

Zoruagible likes this.
  5. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper of the Gates Ambitious

Ah yes, who could be the finalists in "Satoshi's Ultimate Match"? I bet it's Tierno and Astrid.

Spider-Phoenix and mehmeh1 like this.
  6. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

Tell me with a straight face it was going to be anyone else but Alain, even without the summaries.

I dare ya.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  7. Bortgreen

Bortgreen Pocket Monsters looks great!

Greninja's orange shuriken was enough of a fake-out already

8. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I suppose that's true, but I don't underestimate the SM writers. I'd hate to see something silly stop Satoshi from winning, but Gladio's pretty strong as well. So the writers finding a way to squeeze a win out of Gladio is what worries me a bit.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  9. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

He sleeps in and forgets the match

10. Bortgreen

Bortgreen Pocket Monsters looks great!

Plot twist: Rowlet wakes him up to battle in time

CMButch and MidnightMelody like this.
  11. Ambyssin

Ambyssin Winter can't come soon enough

Perhaps. I think that, after Kalos, people are telling themselves Ash will lose so that, if he actually wins, it'll be a pleasant surprise. I mean... I'm doing the exact same thing, but with Gladion instead. :p

12. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

Remember when, minutes earlier, Greninja cleaved a normal Water Shuriken into the ground to block a Blast Burn?

Thumbs2 and Zoruagible like this.
  13. DuquÊ?

DuquÊ? Too lazy to pick a pic

Can't blame anyone for be jaded enough to even entertain the concept of Ash winning. By now, Gladio kinda have the right chances to be the champion.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  14. Ambyssin

I suppose that's fair. Personally, I was never all that invested in Ash's goals of being a Pokémon Master in the first place. I'm in it for all the stuff that happens around him. So, I guess it's easy for me not to care and just enjoy the ride or whatever. :V

15. Ignition

I can’t wait until Ash uses 10 Million Volt Thunderbolt and, at the last second, Gladion gives Silvally the Ground Memory

catzeye and KenzeyEevee like this.
  16. I hope it will be a 3vs3. I want a 6vs6, but that will never happen, so 3vs3.

17. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

Not gonna happen, what with each Memory having its own special Z-Move-styled mantra to go along with it

Zoruagible and maartjeverhoef like this.
  18. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

A 6v6 would be nice but it would involve ash having Six Pokémon. A 6v5 would be just horrible in my opinion.

Unless we get an oaked Pokémon back or rotom offers to battle a 6v6 just isn't possible

19. Ignition

How exactly does that make what I said impossible to happen?

20. Ambyssin

Poipole outta nowhere, anyone? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.