1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

September 8th: SM138 - The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Aug 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "WOOO! Who needs medicine?!"

How could you not factor the part where both Gladion and Silvally will be so stunned to move just by looking at such a huge *** thunder (that should honestly vaporize its target) coming?!

2. GarchompChain

GarchompChain Well-Known Member

He's pretty much trolling at this point...

3. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

I can see it now. The battle is down to silvally Vs Pikachu. Pikachu is hit and knocked out. Ash admits he doesn't have a 6th pokemon and the ref begins to call the matchm suddenly an ultra wormhole appears in the sky and poipole lands in front of ash.

Never gonna happen in a million years but it would be pretty cool

Missingno. Master likes this.
  4. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

Pointing out bad/inconsistent writing isn't trolling
    Hm...given how Talking is a Free Action, I suppose that'd let him perform something instantly that otherwise takes several seconds

5. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

Not to mention that Gladion doesn't even have 6 pokemon (heck, we don't even know if he has FIVE)

6. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

It wouldn't be a surprise to me if Ash wins, instead I would consider it an affront to all previous leagues.

Because how sad is it, that he scratched and clawed his way through previous regions, ended up with decent to great teams but couldn't win a league, yet wins when he's in a region where trying apparently doesn't matter and his team is subjectively just as bad if not worse in terms of development than what is considered to be his two worst teams (the Jouto and Unova ones) and isn't even complete for that matter?

7. GarchompChain

Yeah, we can agree that this sad excuse for a league sucks.

Zoruagible and KenzeyEevee like this.
  8. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Ash: Nice play there, Gladion.
    Gladion: No, Ash, I LOST!
    Ash: ?
    Gladion: I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO THE MANTRA! I MESSED THE NATURAL ORDER OF THE UNIVERSE
    Ash (to himself): I could blame his absent father but mine ain't an angel. Guess Lusamine is really crazy. Gotta to remind myself to hug mom for being a sane person.

Jokes apart, man, they sure like those overdramatic speeches on Alola don't they?

I'm really glad Ash is quite straightforward about it. I still remember Kid!Kukui asking him to use Firium with Torracat, he has a flashback of Kiawe's stock footage, his face is all "man, dude exagerates there" and when he does it, it's quite casual and right to the point.

maartjeverhoef, Ignition and mehmeh1 like this.
  9. Swift4Sweeper

Swift4Sweeper Author Trainer

Interesting new development: Bulbapedia has on their Manalo Conference page when you go in to edit it that Gladion wins the league and Ash is the runner-up. Someone there know something the rest of the world doesn’t know?

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  10. Almighty Zard

Can't anyone edit that site?

11. yes that is true lol.

12. Shadao

Shadao Champion GETTO DA ZE!

I could go there in and edit that Guzma won the League and Kiawe is the runner up, and it would have just as much credibility. Bulbapedia is a wiki that anyone with an account could edit. You'll have a better chance of finding actual anime leaks on Reddit or Twitter than you would with Bulbapedia.

13. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

The episode hasn't even aired yet so this is most likely not real. I'm not dismissing the possibility of Gladion winning the league entirely.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  14. Almighty Zard

assuming Ash wins, the only way I could condone his victory is if something happens akin to what happened when he won the OI league, Gary destroyed him and it made him realize he still needed improvement as a trainer, perhaps Leon would be a good fit for that role.

Or, have Leon show up and confront Kakui after the league is over, taking him on in Ash's place during the exhibition match and crushing him, and making him realize what truly goes into a league.

Of course there's the third option I mentioned in another thread, Ash could go to Galar, and if he mentions having won the alola league, then have people openly mock him as the Alola league isn't as credible as standard leagues are.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    catzeye, satopi, Zoruagible and 3 others like this.
  15. GarchompChain

That probably won't happen, but it would be awesome!

16. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Okay, look I get that you don't like how the Alolan League is being handled which that is fine as that is your opinion, however that being said if you seriously think that there is going to be a character showing up in the anime and discrediting the league or having a situation where Kukui discredits his own league then you are just setting yourself up for disappointment. At this point if Leon does show up in the Sun and Moon anime it's going to be mainly so that he can tell Ash about the Galar region and maybe even battle him which and possibly offer to sponsor him which would give Ash a reason to go to Galar.

17. Bortgreen

Bortgreen Under the EPIC Alolan Sunset

Fun fact: Gary beat Ash after Battle Frontier too

Well probably Kukui will still play that role in the exhibition match. Since he followed Ash's development while in Alola, probably he won't give him an easy match.

Leon would be awesome though...

satopi, KenzeyEevee and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  18. I wonder which pokémon Ash will use for this match, if he reaches the finals. But lets be honest: he will reach the finals.

19. Bortgreen

Bortgreen Under the EPIC Alolan Sunset

Haha imagine, Leon defeats Ash and tells him to train more seriously again, and after that Ash suddenly goes back to his DP/XY self

20. Mew2

Mew2 Team Rocket's Enemy

I would not mind a scenario like this. It would also allow for some great storylines in Galar, such as making it difficult for him to get a sponsorship even though he won a Game League, or he easily gets sponsored, with his sponsors actually planning to use him to prop up Leon, while someone like Marnie, who would prove to be his superior, doesn't get a sponsor, exposing the corrupt nature of the sponsorship system.

catzeye and mehmeh1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.