• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 8th: SM138 - The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
You know, I strongly doubt either of those were actually Fujisaku's idea. At least not the Mokuroh VS Ju'niper one. It's not like each episode's scriptwriter is just given a blank page and told "Do whatever", it's more like "Yo Writer, here's the rough outline of what's meant to happen this week. Elaborate."
I know...I was just trying to set up a dumb joke about Ash wrestling Silvally

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Yeah and I mean each main rival match had match-ups of which one or both trainers were not familiar with each others Pokémon.

6: Ash vs Sawyer (Goodra vs Slurpuff)
5: Ash vs Stephan (Krookodile vs Liepard)
4: Ash vs Paul (Gliscor vs Drapion)
2: Ash vs Gary (Charizard vs Blastoise)

In Gladion's case its Silvally vs Meltan.
Don't you mean Zoroarl vs Meltan? Ash knows about Silvally and has seen him fight.
I don't think the tactics were the problem there. Especially not versus Mudsdale, which is the silliest 'controversy' in Pokemon history.
The issue with tbat match was that it was a freaking 1v1

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
New summary for SM137 confirms Gladion defeats Kiawe and will be Ash or Guzma's opponent here.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Well it is pretty obvious who could win between ash vs guzma both from storyline perspective and episode title.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Officially, yes, but how would Guzma and Gladion be the ultimate rival showdown? They've never even spoken to each other.
Because it would be a showdown between Ash's and Kukui's rivals. Not that I see it happening either.

Master Pikachu 11

Funny. The last time I heard "real League" was when people disqualify the Orange League for not being a "real" League despite having a Gym Badge Requirement. Thus it stands to reason that any League based on the actual game Leagues is the "real League" no matter what.

Oh, it seems Gladion is highly dependent on throwing discs to tank Z-Moves. Would be a pity if it doesn't work for the final match.
I could actually see Meltan catching the discs in mid air and if Silvaly cannot switch typing and stays as a normal type then Pikachu has an even greater chance of beating it.

SatoSereFan224888

I have a feeling Ash will be in the finals. But maybe the writers could surprise us and have him take on Kiawe for the title. Everyone keeps saying it will be Ash vs Gladion but the writers might throw us a curve-ball and have Kiawe beat Gladion.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I have a feeling Ash will be in the finals. But maybe the writers could surprise us and have him take on Kiawe for the title. Everyone keeps saying it will be Ash vs Gladion but the writers might throw us a curve-ball and have Kiawe beat Gladion.
The 137 summary says that the winner in the fight between Ash and Guzma will fight Gladion

SatoSereFan224888

The 137 summary says that the winner in the fight between Ash and Guzma will fight Gladion
Oh okay then. Still my prediction is Ash wins the Alola League but it will be the skin of his teeth.

Miky

Wasn't it said there would be a 'special' announcement at the end of SM137 or whatever? Is it gonna be Sword and Shield?

Status
Not open for further replies.