• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 8th: SM138 - The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Since this will be Melmetal's big anime debut, they might give it the win for the battle, but if it will win the entire battle for Ash, we'll have to wait and see.

Ash-Grenija was hype, but he was shown off many times before the finals. Having Melmetal win the finals for Ash would be great promo for this new Pokemon!
Yes although I'm not sure the writers would do it that way. I'm predicting a win for melmetal but if ash wins, the final battle will involve Pikachu

The image of Silvally from the recent magazine article is new and seems to be Silvally's Fire-type Multi-Attack. So Silvally might be used here.

Was that ever really in question?

Although fire memory is surprising. I was expecting ground to counter Pikachu.

So maybe melmetal evolves before the match and gladion witnesses it. So he uses the fire drive as a counter to melmetals steel

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Yes although I'm not sure the writers would do it that way. I'm predicting a win for melmetal but if ash wins, the final battle will involve Pikachu

So maybe melmetal evolves before the match and gladion witnesses it. So he uses the fire drive as a counter to melmetals steel
Yeah. If it's two-vs-two or three-vs-three, yeah. We never had any confirmation that Silvally would be used.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Yeah. If it's two-vs-two or three-vs-three, yeah. We never had any confirmation that Silvally would be used.

I know it wasnt confirmed but it was kinda obvious it would be. It's gladions ace and this is the finals.

Did anyone honestly think silvally wouldn't be used?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Yeah, they could do Lycanroc vs Lycanroc ending in a tie (or win but immediately lose to disguised Zoroark), then Melmetal vs Zoroark ending in a win for Melmetal, which Gladion then counters with Fire Memory Silvally's Multi-Attack, then a clash between the aces Pikachu and Silvally, which is a toss-up. It's possible that Melmetal may EAT the Ground Memory so Gladion has to distract it before throwing the Fire Memory in.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Oh, huh. There's a scan showing Melmetal.

Yeah, I have a hard time seeing Ash losing if he's got Melmetal, especially with all the Kukui/Masked Royal build-up. The only realistic reason I could think of where him winning would be a bad idea is that it would be a huge slap in the face for the people of Alola for their first ever champion to immediately forfeit the position and go "lol nah i'm going to galar." It'd be a big antithesis to both the "generosity/manalo" theme the Alola region's had and the hospitality that Kukui and Ash's classmates have shown him the whole series. For that reason, it'd make more sense for Gladion to win over Ash and then have Ash get to do the exhibition match for one reason or another.

But as it stands, I'm 100% expecting Ash to win now with the next most likely outcome being Ash can't control Melmetal and the finals get derailed as everyone has to work together to placate it... or something.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Yeah, I have a hard time seeing Ash losing if he's got Melmetal, especially with all the Kukui/Masked Royal build-up. The only realistic reason I could think of where him winning would be a bad idea is that it would be a huge slap in the face for the people of Alola for their first ever champion to immediately forfeit the position and go "lol nah i'm going to galar." It'd be a big antithesis to both the "generosity/manalo" theme the Alola region's had and the hospitality that Kukui and Ash's classmates have shown him the whole series. For that reason, it'd make more sense for Gladion to win over Ash and then have Ash get to do the exhibition match for one reason or another.

But as it stands, I'm 100% expecting Ash to win now with the next most likely outcome being Ash can't control Melmetal and the finals get derailed as everyone has to work together to placate it... or something.
Possibly could draw, with Ash and Gladion deciding Gladion should stay in Alola and be official Champion while Ash gets the exhibition match before he heads off to Galar. This would require someone showing up from Galar at some point though.

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer

Where is this scan showing Melmetal and the new shot of Fire-type Silvally everyone’s talking about?

Possibly could draw, with Ash and Gladion deciding Gladion should stay in Alola and be official Champion while Ash gets the exhibition match before he heads off to Galar. This would require someone showing up from Galar at some point though.
I wouldn't even put that past these writers. A draw would be the ultimate anti-climax.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Meltan evolving hopefully not mid battle. Would pretty much be a reversed Cameron situation and a shitty DEM situation for Ash to win this way.

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

My predictions would be lycanrock vs lycanrock. Ash's wins. Gets defeated by Zoaroark- defeated by Nyeaheat/Pikachu - defeated by Silvally- defeated by Melmetal. Winner Ash.

Revolver Furious Dragon

My predictions would be lycanrock vs lycanrock. Ash's wins. Gets defeated by Zoaroark- defeated by Nyeaheat/Pikachu - defeated by Silvally- defeated by Melmetal. Winner Ash.

Switch Pikachu and melmetal around and you have how Im expecting the match to go

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedR said:
Since this will be Melmetal's big anime debut, they might give it the win for the battle, but if it will win the entire battle for Ash, we'll have to wait and see.

I'm thinking that Melmetal getting the final battle in this match is likely unless the writers decide to milk Dusk Lugarugan versus Midnight Lugarugan some more, which I hope doesn't happen since I'm fed up with Lugarugan's battles at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.