• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 8th: SM138 - The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

I believe Hapu will act as the referee for this battle and it’s only fitting if she does since she was the referee for their last battle. I also believe Gladion will once again use his Z move with Lycanroc so Ash will have to figure out how to turn the dragonium z move against Gladion’s Lycanroc to counter it. Of course Ash will use Lycanroc’s Z move for this battle as well. If Melmetal can eat the ground disc from Silvally then that will give Pikachu more of a chance to beat it.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Oh.

Still, too old of a sample.
If you want something recent in the Team Flare’s battle with Team Rocket; somehow Inkay’s Pysbeam was able to land damage on their Weavile

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I believe Hapu will act as the referee for this battle and it’s only fitting if she does since she was the referee for their last battle. I also believe Gladion will once again use his Z move with Lycanroc so Ash will have to figure out how to turn the dragonium z move against Gladion’s Lycanroc to counter it. Of course Ash will use Lycanroc’s Z move for this battle as well. If Melmetal can eat the ground disc from Silvally then that will give Pikachu more of a chance to beat it.

So far Ash battles were refereed by Hala (vs Fana) and twice by Nanu (vs Hau and vs Guzma). Maybe Olivia will be the referee now so all 3 Lycanroc trainers will be on the field.

They could've easily make Hapu the Hau fight referee with her overseeing Rowlett falling asleep a result od her lack of experience.

Red and Blue

So if Ash is winning then that means someone on Gladion's team is jobbing. As much as I love Zoroark I think its chances of losing are greater than Lycanroc and Silvally

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I am looking forward to seeing how the wildcards play into the battle (Zoroark and Melmetal) hopefully they'll fight each other but who knows.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
So if Ash is winning then that means someone on Gladion's team is jobbing. As much as I love Zoroark I think its chances of losing are greater than Lycanroc and Silvally
It's gonna be Silvally for Melmetal, probably. If we're not see Pikashunium Z (or whatever it's called), Melmetal's gonna get Steelium Z used on it for sure.

Zariful

So Sivally hasn’t used Swords Dance and its other move in a long while. So maybe it’ll reveal a new move. Do we get the impression that the battle will be a 3 v 3 from the scans? What moves does Zoroark share with Sivally and Lycanroc that it could exploit its unique ability ?

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!
So if Ash wins this (which is all but confirmed at this point), that means that every "win" he had in the league was due to BS: Meltan eating Hypno's pendulum, the Rowlet fiasco, Golisopod getting scared and basically giving Ash a free KO of Scizor, and finally, a mid-battle evolution to end the league. I have clearly never been one to hide my hatred of the Sun and Moon anime, but c'mon. This is ridiculous.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
So Sivally hasn’t used Swords Dance and its other move in a long while. So maybe it’ll reveal a new move. Do we get the impression that the battle will be a 3 v 3 from the scans? What moves does Zoroark share with Sivally and Lycanroc that it could exploit its unique ability ?
Assuming Silvally still has Swords Dance, all 3 can learn SD. That’s the only move they currently have that Zoroark could use

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
So if Ash wins this (which is all but confirmed at this point), that means that every "win" he had in the league was due to BS: Meltan eating Hypno's pendulum, the Rowlet fiasco, Golisopod getting scared and basically giving Ash a free KO of Scizor, and finally, a mid-battle evolution to end the league. I have clearly never been one to hide my hatred of the Sun and Moon anime, but c'mon. This is ridiculous.
Golisopod went back because of its ability Emergency Exit. It had a reason!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Golisopod went back because of its ability Emergency Exit. It had a reason!
Except that ability should trigger right after Golisopod is damaged, since that makes it recall its wimpy attitude immediately.

Unless Guzma's presence made it stay a little longer, feeling stuck in a hard place, until its worries got the better of it.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Except that ability should trigger right after Golisopod is damaged, since that makes it recall its wimpy attitude immediately.

Unless Guzma's presence made it stay a little longer, feeling stuck in a hard place, until its worries got the better of it.
I think with Emergency Exit, Golisopod uses it more as a “tactical retreat” kind of thing unlike Wimpod’s Wimp Out being used as a way to escape because it’s scared.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I don't think Melmetal is gonna use the Steelium Z, if mainly because it just can't in-game. Let's Go and Pokemon Go don't have Z-moves and the Meltan line isn't available in S(US)/M(UM)... pretty much like Silvally hasn't used a Z-move because of its memory disc's

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think Melmetal is gonna use the Steelium Z, if mainly because it just can't in-game. Let's Go and Pokemon Go don't have Z-moves and the Meltan line isn't available in S(US)/M(UM)... pretty much like Silvally hasn't used a Z-move because of its memory disc's
Then, what purpose was there for Ash to get Steelium?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Silvally used Normalium Z during the Necrozma arc

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
We don't know if it'll be a mid-battle evo, for all we know it could be the night before. Also, while yes, Golisopod did give Ash a free KO, it seems like he'll go ham next week, so it's not like he'll be easy to take down now

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!

If Ash wins this, I'm posting a gif of him shaking his butt... just out of spite! This ASH, the goof ball... compared to the super serious one from the Kalos saga... winning the league.

I don't mind it one bit... but I'm enjoying the league anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.