• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 8th: SM138 - The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC317

Recycling was never a common practice, it's often just as time intensive and labourious to apply the old animation to a new sequence. It had greater visibility in long-running anime because those are the few formats where it actually works. And even then the entire sequence is just dropped into the script with no modification.

The Z-Move shots were not 100% recycled. As someone pointed out in Lana v. Guzma, a computer applies the background texture to the Z-Move so each one looks like it's being performed in the area where the plot is taking place. As opposed to speedlines like in earlier series.

So that's why they had that hilarious error with Lana's background in that episode. Computers, amirite? /s

RedR

Recycled animation never bothers me if it's cool. Ash turning his hat in the OS never got old! :)

I have a feeling that Melmetal will OHKO Zoroark, which leads to Pikachu being shocked.
Then the wolves will battle, but gladion wins. Pikachu has to come out and finish the job.
The final matchup is pikachu vs. Silvally which leads to the final blow being pikachu's electroweb trampoline vs silvally's last attack.

Unless we get an episode title soon, i still think this battle is one episode.

D

Deleted member 384931

Recycled animation never bothers me if it's cool. Ash turning his hat in the OS never got old! :)

I have a feeling that Melmetal will OHKO Zoroark, which leads to Pikachu being shocked.
Then the wolves will battle, but gladion wins. Pikachu has to come out and finish the job.
The final matchup is pikachu vs. Silvally which leads to the final blow being pikachu's electroweb trampoline vs silvally's last attack.

Nice. I only hope Lycanrock can get a good battle, since it didn't fight the whole league.

Revolver Furious Dragon

That would be absolutely horrible. This is probably zoroarks one and only showing in bsttle. It should not get knocked out so easily

And ash's lycanroc should get at least one win this league

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
has anyone considered the possibility that the league ends in a draw?. ash and gladion both draw and there is no winner. it would totally defeat the purpose of the league but this league doesnt count anyway. its a joke so not having a real end wouldnt really matter
...Okay first off, whatever your thoughts are on the validity of this League relative to the others and the level of competition here, this is still a contest to crown the strongest trainer in the region. In the context of Sun & Moon itself, it absolutely matters. Also if somehow Satoshi and Gladio's last Pokémon manage to KO each other at the exact same time, they'd obviously have some sort of tiebreaker. They wouldn't just go "Oh well. Guess we're not getting a Champion of Alola and that exhibition match between the Champion and Royal Mask is cancelled, sorry about that."

Revolver Furious Dragon

...Okay first off, whatever your thoughts are on the validity of this League relative to the others and the level of competition here, this is still a contest to crown the strongest trainer in the region. In the context of Sun & Moon itself, it absolutely matters. Also if somehow Satoshi and Gladio's last Pokémon manage to KO each other at the exact same time, they'd obviously have some sort of tiebreaker. They wouldn't just go "Oh well. Guess we're not getting a Champion of Alola and that exhibition match between the Champion and Royal Mask is cancelled, sorry about that."

Agreed. If it ends in a draw well we know each combatant has at least 4 Pokémon so they will probably just turn it into a 4v4.

Although ash and gladion drawing and both battling masked royal could be interesting I just don't see it happening

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
So, here's a question. If Kukui's gonna referee the match, how's he gonna make a convenient exit to change into Masked Royal? I suppose they could wait a day to do the exhibition match... but I feel like people would expect to see Masked Royal watching the finals in some capacity. XP

Revolver Furious Dragon

Personally I think the match will go something like this

Melmetal Vs zoroark - melmetal
Melmetal Vs lycanroc - lycanroc
Lycanroc Vs lycanroc - ash's lycanroc
Lycanroc Vs silvally - silvally
Pikachu Vs silvally - Pikachu

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
So, here's a question. If Kukui's gonna referee the match, how's he gonna make a convenient exit to change into Masked Royal? I suppose they could wait a day to do the exhibition match... but I feel like people would expect to see Masked Royal watching the finals in some capacity. XP
He could reveal his identity accidentally.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Possibly. Personally I think he will leave after the battle to fetch the masked royal. Assuming the exhibition match happens straight away.
No, no, no, he'll get too excited refereeing the match and push Gladion out of the way so that he can fight Ash instead.

Red and Blue

They could always reveal titles but withhold summaries like they did for 138 for the longest time.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Why are there no new titles for upcoming episodes?

That's what i also want to know why are e not getting any new titles. I have a feeling they will reveal multiple episodes in one go.

I guess we'll definitely get something within a few days, with Saturday being the very latest

Well that will be the last choice either way for next episode they will be showing preview.

Because they're hiding something
If Ash indeed wins the league, the title for sm140 might be something related to Masked Royal and this would give away the result of the league

I wouldn't necessarily fall for the title again after what happened last time. I am still pessimistic about the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.