• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 8th: SM138 - The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Well, they could've done an ambiguous title for SM139, too. Something like "Alola League Conclusion! The First Champion is Crowned!" or something similar. But I guess if they're doing the split between two episodes thing, they might tack Masked Royal onto SM139. Assuming Ash is winning, the title would likely mention a rematch or something, thus spoiling that Ash actually gets to win the league for once.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Why is it strange things happen before important episodes? If I recall, people were speculating that Ash would win Kalos because the series would go into Team Flare immediately afterward, and Alola was shown to have no Gyms.

I for one think that the finals end in this episode. The anime is running out of time to wrap up all of its plotlines, not that there were many left over.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Why is it strange things happen before important episodes? If I recall, people were speculating that Ash would win Kalos because the series would go into Team Flare immediately afterward, and Alola was shown to have no Gyms.

I for one think that the finals end in this episode. The anime is running out of time to wrap up all of its plotlines, not that there were many left over.

Unless of course the speculation about the anime having story arcs set in different regions is correct. In that case they could have any lingering plot threads, like the search for mohn, occur there instead

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Personally I would rank this League above Kanto and Unova, but under Jotho and Hoenn.

No doubt, this league is way above both kanto and unnova. I hve to admit this league has surpassed my expectations if you look at way f characters perspective, the quality of matches has been pretty good except for initil ones, but also this league has given other charcters time to shine my only gripe with this league is that we didn't get to see any 6 v match, i think alola will go down as only region which didn't have full battle.

D

Deleted member 384931

I hope Gladion vs Ash is on the same level like Guzma VS Ash

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It looks like they really don't want to reveal the identity of the Alolan League winner until the episode airs, possibly because of the contest.

D

Deleted member 384931

Lol if it is a six on six full battle, will he use Poipole or a reserve?

Revolver Furious Dragon

I still have my reservations about ash winning this league especially after what happened 3 years before.

142 could possibly to indicate a full battle against masked royal. I'm not sure they would devote a full battle to gladion Vs masked royal so ash winning seems likely to me

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
142 could possibly to indicate a full battle against masked royal. I'm not sure they would devote a full battle to gladion Vs masked royal so ash winning seems likely to me
Please don’t rule out the possibility Gladio forfeits his exhibition fight to Satoshi since Gladio doesn’t seem to even care about Royal Mask.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Please don’t rule out the possibility Gladio forfeits his exhibition fight to Satoshi since Gladio doesn’t seem to even care about Royal Mask.
Depending on what happens with Guzzlord, it could be due to extenuating circumstances. Say he (or his pokémon) get injured or, somehow, they end up finding Mohn. It'd be totally understandable that he'd want to skip the exhibition match to be with his long-lost father.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
In my opinion this is the only way Gladion can still win
And it would be diappointing

Ofcourse it will be disapointing, i think this is the first time in the league that ash has something on the line ie a match with masked royal which he wanted badly for long. As fo gladion forfeiting his main aim of entering the league was to battle ash and since he beaten him already he has no reason to battle masked royal so he gave up and forfeited.

Status
Not open for further replies.