• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 8th: SM138 - The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Blue Saturday said:
Please don’t rule out the possibility Gladio forfeits his exhibition fight to Satoshi since Gladio doesn’t seem to even care about Royal Mask.

That's been my go-to theory regarding how Satoshi would still get to battle Kukui-hakase in the event that he loses against Gladio. Overall, I think that the odds of him winning are looking good, although I'm a bit upset that Silvady versus Pikachu won't be the final match-up.

Revolver Furious Dragon

That's been my go-to theory regarding how Satoshi would still get to battle Kukui-hakase in the event that he loses against Gladio in this episode. Overall, I think that the odds of him winning are looking good, although I'm a bit upset that Silvady versus Pikachu won't be the final match-up.

Personally I'd hate that. The exhibition match is a prize for winning the league. Ash getting something he hasnt earned really rubs me the wrong way.

Rohanator

Whether Ash wins or loses doing so with Lycanroc as his last Mon standing will definitely feel weird. You'd expect Pikachu to be the one to win him his first league and if he loses it'll look really bad since Lycanroc hasn't earned Charizard/Greninja status, even when those guys lose the audience still knows they were Ash's strongest option alongside Pikachu but here Ash would get critisized for making a poor choice and Lycanroc would be beyond redemption. So, I'd say winning is more likely if/when it comes down to the dog fight. MAYBE a tie since we've already seen Gladion's Lycanroc get defeated once so it'd feel less special. Also since they're doing an actual contest on predicting the winner they might wanna troll the blissfully ignorant kids who are obviously assuming the main character will win not knowing the show's history.

Then Ash will do more work to save people in the Guzzlord battle and Gladion will be like you've earned it man take the exhibition match.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Whether Ash wins or loses doing so with Lycanroc as his last Mon standing will definitely feel weird. You'd expect Pikachu to be the one to win him his first league and if he loses it'll look really bad since Lycanroc hasn't earned Charizard/Greninja status, even when those guys lose the audience still knows they were Ash's strongest option alongside Pikachu but here Ash would get critisized for making a poor choice and Lycanroc would be beyond redemption. So, I'd say winning is more likely if/when it comes down to the dog fight. MAYBE a tie since we've already seen Gladion's Lycanroc get defeated once so it'd feel less special. Also since they're doing an actual contest on predicting the winner they might wanna troll the blissfully ignorant kids who are obviously assuming the main character will win not knowing the show's history.

Then Ash will do more work to save people in the Guzzlord battle and Gladion will be like you've earned it man take the exhibition match.
This whole setup is weird, I didn't expect both aces to go down so early (unless pikachu is withdrawn at some point)

Xuxuba

Please don’t rule out the possibility Gladio forfeits his exhibition fight to Satoshi since Gladio doesn’t seem to even care about Royal Mask.
Maybe Guzzlord ends up hurting his pokémon badly and that is why he gives his match to Ash.
It just seem odd to me that we are getting that Guzzlord episode right after the winner is announced and before the Masked Royale match.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Call me crazy (or it may be my colorblindness) but I'm pretty sure Silvally's actually using the ground memory against Pikachu. His tail's orange-brown (vs. the deep red it had against Kiawe). So, I guess we're getting a repeat of the Hapu battle where Pikachu inexplicably beats a ground-type through terrain manipulation. In this case, probably an Electroweb slingshot. Alternatively, it's the fighting memory.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Call me crazy (or it may be my colorblindness) but I'm pretty sure Silvally's actually using the ground memory against Pikachu. His tail's orange-brown (vs. the deep red it had against Kiawe). So, I guess we're getting a repeat of the Hapu battle where Pikachu inexplicably beats a ground-type through terrain manipulation. In this case, probably an Electroweb slingshot. Alternatively, it's the fighting memory.

Ground would make sense since nearly ash's entire team is weak to it. Gladion knows ash's roster so starting with ground memory makes s lot of sense

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Hmm, does Zoroark come out disguised as Lycanroc initially? I'm assuming the pics are in chronological order.
In the games, Zoroark's Illusion ability disguises it as the Pokemon occupying the last party slot until a Pokemon makes contact with it.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Hmm, does Zoroark come out disguised as Lycanroc initially? I'm assuming the pics are in chronological order.

That would be my guess. We know silvally Vs melmetal is first. And then Pikachu fights zoroark after silvally so it must be using it's ability.

On another note I'm a bit disappointed in no melmetal in these pics. I'm worried it's going to be defeated really easily

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
On another note I'm a bit disappointed in no melmetal in these pics. I'm worried it's going to be defeated really easily
That might honestly be the case for both Melmetal and Silvally if Pikachu and Zoroark are still standing by the end of the episode. Keep in mind, this episode will also have 1) Delia and Oak showing up, 2) Meltan evolving, 3) Lillie and Lusamine with Gladion, 3) a scene involving Team Rocket, 4) a Bewear/Stufful scene (thanks to the voice listings), and 5) at least two or three minutes dedicated to Ash and Gladion taking the field and the announcer/Kukui introducing the battle. It wouldn't surprise me if Melmetal vs. Silvally turns out to be more on the gagish side than the serious side.

Red and Blue

Also Torracat and Rowlet are in the spectator grass which confirms the finals is 3 vs. 3 not 4 vs. 4 for anyone who still had doubts

AshSerena

At the end of the Pokenchi, Abareru-kun said that today Pokemon Sun and Moon episode Gladion's Lycanroc Night Daze are so powerful and then Hyadain saying something like "But Lycanroc wont or cant learn the move right...? oh wait i see!"
Well because it's actually Zoroark

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Early today, there was some extra scenes with melmetal double iron bashing silvally, who's tanking the hit. So, it's at least using its signature move.

With so much focus on melmetal getting BTFO and pikachu going against silvally and zoroark, I have my doubts Duskrock's chances against Edgerock.

ShadowForce720

Early today, there was some extra scenes with melmetal double iron bashing silvally, who's tanking the hit. So, it's at least using its signature move.

With so much focus on melmetal getting BTFO and pikachu going against silvally and zoroark, I have my doubts Duskrock's chances against Edgerock.

Just pointing this out but you do realize that the battle isn't ending in this episode right? Basically in this episode we will get these fights:

Melmetal vs Silvally: Silvally
Pikachu vs Silvally(with Ground Memory): Pikachu
Pikachu vs Zoroark(disguised as Midnight Lycanroc): TBD

Basically this episode will end with probably Zoroark's illusion being broken and Ash and Pikachu finding out that the Midnight Lycanroc they were fighting this entire time was actually Zoroark. Then in episode 139 will get the rest of the battle between Pikachu and Zoroark and then will fight Midnight Or Dusk Lycanroc depending on whether Pikachu or Zoroark wins and then will lose to Midnight or Dusk Lycanroc and then the final battle of episode 139 will be Dusk Lycanroc vs Midnight Lycanroc.

So I don't really think you say that just because Melmetal is getting knocked out here and Pikachu is fighting Silvally and Zoroark that it somehow means that Dusk Lycanroc will likely lose to Midnight Lycanroc.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Just pointing this out but you do realize that the battle isn't ending in this episode right?
Yes, and I commented with that in mind. Since I probably wasn't clear enough, I wanted to say that since the lycanrocks fight will be the last one, which, at least to me, decreases Ash's chances, because if that is indeed his first win in a league (what I don't believe), pikachu should be his final member.

So I don't really think you say that just because Melmetal is getting knocked out here and Pikachu is fighting Silvally and Zoroark that it somehow means that Dusk Lycanroc will likely lose to Midnight Lycanroc.
It's exactly what I'm saying, though.

Incidentally, I found this article about the finals that asks if Ash will win a league after 22 years and a little comment by Gladion's voice actor.
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1567834186
"I hope you will support Gladion's end" could be understood as anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.