• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 8th: SM138 - The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
They never said that either. It was literally:
Q: Hey, will Satoshi become a Pokemon Master soon?
A: *laughs* Of course not. The show would have to end if he did, wouldn't it?

It was a partially mocking answer to a question he clearly found rather dumb, not some sort of serious statement. He wasn't saying "we've established a rule that Satoshi is never going to win a regional league", he was saying "Dude, what kind of question is that? No, the guy whose best showing thus far is reaching the quarterfinals in a couple regional leagues, and who is constantly getting lessons from adult experts who are clearly way above his level, is obviously not going to become undisputed world champion any time soon. Do you even realize what you're asking?"
Ohhhh. That makes way, way more sense than what people usually say they said.

They never said that either. It was literally:
Q: Hey, will Satoshi become a Pokemon Master soon?
A: *laughs* Of course not. The show would have to end if he did, wouldn't it?

It was a partially mocking answer to a question he clearly found rather dumb, not some sort of serious statement. He wasn't saying "we've established a rule that Satoshi is never going to win a regional league", he was saying "Dude, what kind of question is that? No, the guy whose best showing thus far is reaching the quarterfinals in a couple regional leagues, and who is constantly getting lessons from adult experts who are clearly way above his level, is obviously not going to become undisputed world champion any time soon. Do you even realize what you're asking?"
No, I believe you. I just feel they wouldn't let him win because of that.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Lol no,Pikachu vs Serperior fight both showed both Pokemon to be strong AND formidable, but Pikachu won because of strategy.
271.gif
The battle that consisted of Pikachu one-shotting Serperior with an Elecro-Ball/Iron Tail combo after being dominated the whole fight due to Serperior being, well, superior in Speed? You need to rewatch that battle, Pikachu never once hit Serperior until that combo and it suddenly goes down? And all just to counter Dragon Tail

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
271.gif
The battle that consisted of Pikachu one-shotting Serperior with an Elecro-Ball/Iron Tail combo after being dominated the whole fight due to Serperior being, well, superior in Speed? You need to rewatch that battle, Pikachu never once hit Serperior until that combo and it suddenly goes down? And all just to counter Dragon Tail

Pikachu was dominant in attack/power ( beating Serperior with one/two moves, while Seperior dominated in Speed. I never said it did/didn't hit, you need to re-read my comment, I said both being strong and formidable competitors.Suddenly goes down? Trip obviously made Serperior strong in speed and attack while his defense is bad. While Pikachu's attacks are always strong barring beginning/middle of series because of "reset".BTW strategy is in the end with Iron Tail/EB combo.
Also, still better than Rowlet dominating Decidueye especially before "sleeping gag".Also, laugh all you want but so far: the only SM Alola league battle that is better than P vs S is Marowak vs Gengar.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The inconsistency of Trip's final battle is how feeble in defense Serperior got between the "world" tournament when Ash was dominated and the preliminary match when SOMEHOW things reversed in a single move. Ash hadn't trained much between then.

Also, for god's sake, Grass-types are resistant to Electric-types. No way that attack was THAT strong to induce a concussion.

D

Deleted member 384931

The inconsistency of Trip's final battle is how feeble in defense Serperior got between the "world" tournament when Ash was dominated and the preliminary match when SOMEHOW things reversed in a single move. Ash hadn't trained much between then.

Also, for god's sake, Grass-types are resistant to Electric-types. No way that attack was THAT strong to induce a concussion.

It felt like they wanted to get rid of Trip very fast

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Yes.

Trip's character arc ended after his loss to Alder. Going to the league no longer had meaning for him. His only purpose there was for Pikachu payback.
It would be of a terrible taste let the kid who mocked Ash for the whole region get away with that just because he was humbled by his idol and got a heart change. Their final fight was horrible, but have him kicked out early from his first league served him right.

But, that's off topic and Gladion is a better character, even if Ash is still behind in the rivalry.

Seriously, everytime people do expect it'll be "that time" Ash will finally win the league, just to have him lose again. I won't believe until it finally happen.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
271.gif
Jalorda was known for its crazy speed, it’s a snake after all but never (IIRC) had taken a hit aside from against the Champion. It would evade, Leer in its opponent and finish with Solar Beam. So its defenses were most likely paper, plus the win over Pikachu early in the series was cause of Zekrom. Also Jalorda got zapped by a Thunderbolt from binding, it probably did take an insane amount of damage due to its nature as a Grass-type but it wasn’t an OHKO.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Trip's still a better character than Alain though. He always will be.

Can you blame them? Also, be kicked out from the league in his very first fight looked like a proper punishment.

Anyway, since Ash vs Gladion is supposedly take place here, I'm curious to see Lillie's reaction.

That's why I want Ash to win.
Lillie's fangirling is just insufferable, and Ash has already lost to Gladion several times already. If this was Kiawe, I'd want Ash to lose.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Lillie's fangirling is just insufferable, and Ash has already lost to Gladion several times already. If this was Kiawe, I'd want Ash to lose.
Rooting for her previously traumatized brother who has literally saved her life a couple times is fangirling? Of course she’s happy he won and progressed in the league?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I just hope Ohashi does a few cuts here, he'd be the saving grace of this episode if things go south. Also, now I'll have problems differientiating chris and zoruagible

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Trip's still a better character than Alain though. He always will be.

Literally the only reason you hate Alain is because he won, throwing around terms like Mary Sue and Writers' Pet when you don't know how to use them properly simply because you don't like the character. Calling Trip better than Alain is preposterous since the writers essentially abandoned using him as a rival halfway through BW.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Though it's most likely gonna be Ash vs Gladion, but i guess we should wait for summary to get the accurate picture. Hopefully it's a 6vs6!!

Status
Not open for further replies.