• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 8th: SM138 - The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
index.php

Hey so I managed to see this leak on the Bulbagarden forums!

Idk how true this is so take it with a grain of salt and don’t assume that this is confirmed just yet

I’m surprised that Gladion doesn’t use Zoroark against Ash, was expecting that to be Gladio’s secret weapon..

Lol @Rowlet deciding to sleep in the biggest match of the whole league instead of battling, guess it’s only interested in battling Hau and being a literal meme..

The fact that this might be the only region in which we don’t get a full battle kinda hurts considering the fact that some of Pokémon’s best battles in anime history have been full battles :(

I’m wondering if the Team Rocket interference is serious or if it’s just the TRio being dimwits as always, we just might get a Rainbow Rocket arc in this anime that would postponing Ash’s battle with Kukui!

Wondering how Mohn will be introduced after the league arc and if he has something to do with Team Rocket and their plans to take the Ultra Beasts for themselves..
A deeper analysis of the leak:

Meltan already called the others, no way they are going to come only in the very end of the finals.
Ash wouldn't use Pikachu that early in a league battle. At least not in a battle that important. In 4/6 of Ash's last League battles Pikachu was the last one to faint and in the other two it was his aces. Lycanroc or Torracat are already fainted/injured at this point.
Ash would never let Meltan as his last pokémon. It has his super-strong flash cannon but I don't think Ash trusts it that much.
Meltan eating Silvally's CD is totally something that could happen in SM, but it would be a bit anticlimactic.
Ash vs Kukui has a lot of buildup since the first episodes. If TR ever interferes, I don't think they would cancel the battle, unless TAPU KOKO interferes instead(again), but this already would disprove the leak

Red and Blue

A deeper analysis of the leak:

Meltan already called the others, no way they are going to come only in the very end of the finals.
Ash wouldn't use Pikachu that early in a league battle. At least not in a battle that important. In 4/6 of Ash's last League battles Pikachu was the last one to faint and in the other two it was his aces. Lycanroc or Torracat are already fainted/injured at this point.
Ash would never let Meltan as his last pokémon. It has his super-strong flash cannon but I don't think Ash trusts it that much.
Meltan eating Silvally's CD is totally something that could happen in SM, but it would be a bit anticlimactic.
Ash vs Kukui has a lot of buildup since the first episodes. If TR ever interferes, I don't think they would cancel the battle, unless TAPU KOKO interferes instead(again), but this already would disprove the leak
Not that I'm claiming this supposed leak is true but I disagree when you claim that Melmetal can't happen at the end of the finals.

There's no indication of when the other Meltan will merge in either of the titles and summaries for 135, 136, or 137. We don't know how long it will take for the other Meltan to reach the stadium

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Not that I'm claiming this supposed leak is true but I disagree when you claim that Melmetal can't happen at the end of the finals.

There's no indication of when the other Meltan will merge in either of the titles and summaries for 135, 136, or 137. We don't know how long it will take for the other Meltan to reach the stadium
Well, this is true. Maybe the Meltan would evolve only in the second part then?(just like in the leak)

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Are people seriously going to trust some randon unconfirmed leaks, dont forget the so called trustworthy leaks that came during XY series that later was confirme as fake. I would believe those leaks only after ash wins the finals.

Epicocity

Are people seriously going to trust some randon unconfirmed leaks, dont forget the so called trustworthy leaks that came during XY series that later was confirme as fake. I would believe those leaks only after ash wins the finals.
At the same time we did get a leak in XY about Alain's full team about a few weeks before the finals started airing which turned out to be absolutely correct. I remember people having a laugh about him having an Unfezant that by the time it appeared, no one was surprised. And that wasn't from a magazine or otherwise.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Yeah, but unlike with the games, an accurate source leaking the anime info would lower excitement overall since people would already know the outcome of the battles.

That's why it's called a "spoiler".

I also don't agree. The default expectation is that Ash will lose Alola, old fans are very cynical. Anything helps that raises hopes and get people invested in the outcome.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
In the Silver League, Ash sent out Pikachu first in his battles against Jackson (3 on 3) and Harrison (6 on 6). There is precedent.
Yes, but both times he's won something (Orange League and Battle Frontier), Pikachu has been last.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Pikachu was last against Brandon because the narrative of that battle was Ash's OS team finally bringing him to the promised land. He used Charizard, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle and spent the previous episode camping out with them and reflecting on his OS journey with those Pokemon. The first team is the last team, and the first Pokemon is the last Pokemon.

Tiny Pikachu defeating huge Dragonite with Thunder is simply more spectacular than with Hydro Pump from Squirtle or Flamethrower from Charizard.

I think "Pikachu must be last" is a fan rule. If you look at Gladion's team, Silvally and Umbreon can't use Z-Moves, meaning Lycanroc will carry the nuke in that battle. It's only fitting then that Dusk will get another opportunity to deal with Midnight.

People have been speculating that Pikachu will Raigeki something but Lycanroc needs some closure to his rivalry against Gladion's Pokemon. So he's obligated to use the Z-Move here.

We're LONG overdue for a league evolution episode, and if that spoiler is right the final bout will be two legendaries duking it out. That's a dramatic way to end the league.

Leonhart

Imagineer
ash&charizardfan said:

I think a lot of people are hoping deep down that Satoshi wins the match against Gladio here [or in the next episode if it's a two-part battle], so they're more willing to believe the "leaked" information even though it's sketchy.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Pikachu was last against Brandon because the narrative of that battle was Ash's OS team finally bringing him to the promised land. He used Charizard, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle and spent the previous episode camping out with them and reflecting on his OS journey with those Pokemon. The first team is the last team, and the first Pokemon is the last Pokemon.

Tiny Pikachu defeating huge Dragonite with Thunder is simply more spectacular than with Hydro Pump from Squirtle or Flamethrower from Charizard.

I think "Pikachu must be last" is a fan rule. If you look at Gladion's team, Silvally and Umbreon can't use Z-Moves, meaning Lycanroc will carry the nuke in that battle. It's only fitting then that Dusk will get another opportunity to deal with Midnight.

People have been speculating that Pikachu will Raigeki something but Lycanroc needs some closure to his rivalry against Gladion's Pokemon. So he's obligated to use the Z-Move here.

We're LONG overdue for a league evolution episode, and if that spoiler is right the final bout will be two legendaries duking it out. That's a dramatic way to end the league.
Silvally used Breakneck Blitz in SM89, not to mention the Pikachu-Silvally staredown in the battle royale and the fact that 10MV was the main reason why Gladion went and took the rest of the island trials

andrewscott48209

Silvally used Breakneck Blitz in SM89, not to mention the Pikachu-Silvally staredown in the battle royale and the fact that 10MV was the main reason why Gladion went and took the rest of the island trials
Plus, there's no rule saying his Umbreon can't use a Z move. If Umbreon has a normal type move, it could use Breakneck Blitz. And if Gladion got the Darkium Z Crystal, and Umbreon has a dark type move, then it can use Black Hole Eclipse. Now whether it actually does use A Z move is a different story.

dman_dustin

When Guzma or Paul does it: "Evil!"

When Ash or protagonist does it: "Creative! Clever!"

I don't know, I feel like there's a difference between, Ash who attacked the same weak spot over and over, which was done in a way that if Tyson had figured out what Ash was doing it, would've avoided the situation to:

Paul- Who literally has his Pokemon move attack the hell out of his one Pokemon to make it strong. Hey guys use all your powerful attacks at once on Chimchar, and Chimchar if you survive you can eat dinner tonight (I'm exaggerating but it kind of seems like Paul would've been like that).

and

Guzma- Let me pin a Pokemon, preventing its escape and repeatedly use poison jab which is super effective against said Pokemon many, many times.

Even though it was said Guzma didn't break any rules, some of the characters apparently felt like he wasn't battling honorably, he wasn't having Golisopod go after Primarina and use Poison Jab and giving Lana/Primarina any sort of chance to really do anything about it (though Lana did try). There's also the potential point that with Ash if he does anything similar his intent is to win the match, to take advantage of a situation, with Guzma I'd argue if he wanted to do it he could've easily ended that match at any point but chose to delay the match to cause Primarina as much suffering as the Pokemon could take, especially since poison jab seemed like it was just injecting poison into Primarina rather than hitting Primarina hard with a poisonous jab (that we've seen before with poison jab).

I think the argument might be when Ash does it, he does it in an honorable way, giving the opponent a chance to see what he's doing and if they were good enough to counter it. With Guzma, he doesn't give a crap about the opponent and will do as he pleases, and that likely means he will cause as much suffering.

I mean there is also Brandon vs Ash (possessed) or Sceptile vs Regirock to consider. Ash (possessed) did things that didn't seem like they were against the rules, but he wasn't fighting honorably, he was possessed at the time, so there's that.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
When Guzma or Paul does it: "Evil!"

When Ash or protagonist does it: "Creative! Clever!"
I'd have to agree with what @dman_dustin said.

Paul does it entirely for his own benefit without even thinking about the Pokemon unless it's already strong. Also, Paul was doing it to his own Pokemon.

Guzma does it to cause as much pain and suffering as he can to bolster his own ego, drawing out matches long after he could have finished them (presumably since we've only actually seen him do it the once, but if fits his personality).

Ash will take advantage of weak spots (Rhydon's horn, for example), but opponents should be doing what they can to keep him away from those weak spots. And he clearly has some sort of honor code as to what counts as a fair weak spot and what doesn't.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
I don't think Guzma was doing it to "cause pain". Lana's Primarina tanked:

x2 Throat Chop
x5 Poison Jab
x1 Liquidation

It wouldn't go down despite all those super effective hits. Hence, more super effective hits.

Guzma is supposed to be the "villain" of this arc but the story has left some clear hints that it's a facade. We know from the games it's a facade. Until Guzma actually does something evil or orders something evil, he's a false flag villain.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Doppelgänger said:
I don't think Guzma was doing it to "cause pain". Lana's Primarina tanked:

x2 Throat Chop
x5 Poison Jab
x1 Liquidation

It wouldn't go down despite all those super effective hits. Hence, more super effective hits.

Guzma is supposed to be the "villain" of this arc but the story has left some clear hints that it's a facade. We know from the games it's a facade. Until Guzma actually does something evil or orders something evil, he's a false flag villain.

I still think he has quite a bit of angst in him, and that his feelings toward Kukui-hakase might make him go through with some kind of plan to end Kukui-hakase's dream of setting up a successful League by doing something big to interrupt the tournament during the critical moment in the finals here.

Status
Not open for further replies.