• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 8th: SM138 - The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I'm positive no one was deluded enough to buy that "leak".

Anyway, if it's about a scenary where Ash wins, the only way I see this happening and keeping the status quo is if Ash already pulls a z-move early in the battle, but in the climax, he and pikachu get an extra "power of friendship" boost to shot 10 Million T-Volt, which effectively defeats Gladion's last mon...but that wears out Ash and pikachu, and Gladion is declared winner by W.O. There, Ash both win AND lose.

I doubt myself, but, whatever can happen to finish this league.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I'm positive no one was deluded enough to buy that "leak".

Anyway, if it's about a scenary where Ash wins, the only way I see this happening and keeping the status quo is if Ash already pulls a z-move early in the battle, but in the climax, he and pikachu get an extra "power of friendship" boost to shot 10 Million T-Volt, which effectively defeats Gladion's last mon...but that wears out Ash and pikachu, and Gladion is declared winner by W.O. There, Ash both win AND lose.

I doubt myself, but, whatever can happen to finish this league.
Hmmm, or perhaps, Ash and Gladion both use their Z-moves early in the match, then during the final battle, they both try pulling off another one (since the limitation is different in the anime compared to the games) and only Ash can manahe to actually fire it off. Or Gladion, depending on who wins.

Red and Blue

Hmmm, or perhaps, Ash and Gladion both use their Z-moves early in the match, then during the final battle, they both try pulling off another one (since the limitation is different in the anime compared to the games) and only Ash can manahe to actually fire it off. Or Gladion, depending on who wins.
How is the limitation different compared to the games?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
How is the limitation different compared to the games?
Games they can only be used once per battle with the exception of Rotom granting an extra Z-power boost. In the anime, it just depends on how much energy your Pokemon has left, as Z-moves take a lot out of them. Assuming both of their Pokemon catch their breath, I can definitely see both of them trying for a second Z-move.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Since Zoroark isn't being used in 136, what if Ash knocks out "Silvally" and gets excited for a moment, but it's actually Zoroark? That'd be a good troll move and IMO it'd also redeem Fujisaku at least a bit

Leonhart

Imagineer
Red and Blue said:
Since the semifinals are 2 vs. 2 looks like we are in for the same or at least a 3 vs. 3 for the final match. Zoroark still has a shot

3-on-3 for the finals here sounds good. We obviously can't have a full 6-on-6 match at this point unless Satoshi makes a last minute call to Okido-hakase, but 3-on-3 is at least a good compromise.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Zoroark’s introduction during the battle against Kaki might have given more of a sliver of hope to Satoshi’s fate but with the final unknown threat waiting in the wings it certainly gives flashbacks to Kotetsu’s Riolu’s evolution + learning Aura Sphere, Darkrai’s ambiguity and hype, Nyarth in boots scouting report on Pikachu, the hype of the Hoenn Pokemon at the Silver Conference. Like Alan, Gladion also has something to prove as well. He also owns a Zoroark in USUM and it’s one of the early route hype ‘mon added to the Alola ‘dex. A rematch against Royal Mask and fulfilling Kukui’s “dream” would have been a good reason but Nyaheat will shine against Guzma. IIRC, Kukui did promise to battle Satoshi with Iwanko early in the series.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Welp, that """"""""""leak""""""""""" is pretty much deconfirmed, no way Gladion isn't using Zoroark in the entire league

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Since today’s the 3 year anniversary of the infamous Kalos League, let’s hope this league isn’t the same way :p

Status
Not open for further replies.