• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 8th: SM138 - The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Poipole outta nowhere, anyone? :p

I can see it now. The battle is down to silvally Vs Pikachu. Pikachu is hit and knocked out. Ash admits he doesn't have a 6th pokemon and the ref begins to call the matchm suddenly an ultra wormhole appears in the sky and poipole lands in front of ash.

Never gonna happen in a million years but it would be pretty cool

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I can see it now. The battle is down to silvally Vs Pikachu. Pikachu is hit and knocked out. Ash admits he doesn't have a 6th pokemon and the ref begins to call the matchm suddenly an ultra wormhole appears in the sky and poipole lands in front of ash.

Never gonna happen in a million years but it would be pretty cool
Not to mention that Gladion doesn't even have 6 pokemon (heck, we don't even know if he has FIVE)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Perhaps. I think that, after Kalos, people are telling themselves Ash will lose so that, if he actually wins, it'll be a pleasant surprise. I mean... I'm doing the exact same thing, but with Gladion instead. :p

It wouldn't be a surprise to me if Ash wins, instead I would consider it an affront to all previous leagues.

Because how sad is it, that he scratched and clawed his way through previous regions, ended up with decent to great teams but couldn't win a league, yet wins when he's in a region where trying apparently doesn't matter and his team is subjectively just as bad if not worse in terms of development than what is considered to be his two worst teams (the Jouto and Unova ones) and isn't even complete for that matter?

It wouldn't be a surprise to me if Ash wins, instead I would consider it an affront to all previous leagues.

Because how sad is it, that he scratched and clawed his way through previous regions, ended up with decent to great teams but couldn't win a league, yet wins when he's in a region where trying apparently doesn't matter and his team is subjectively just as bad if not worse in terms of development than what is considered to be his two worst teams (the Jouto and Unova ones) and isn't even complete for that matter?
Yeah, we can agree that this sad excuse for a league sucks.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Not gonna happen, what with each Memory having its own special Z-Move-styled mantra to go along with it

Ash: Nice play there, Gladion.
Gladion: No, Ash, I LOST!
Ash: ?
Gladion: I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO THE MANTRA! I MESSED THE NATURAL ORDER OF THE UNIVERSE
Ash (to himself): I could blame his absent father but mine ain't an angel. Guess Lusamine is really crazy. Gotta to remind myself to hug mom for being a sane person.

Jokes apart, man, they sure like those overdramatic speeches on Alola don't they?

I'm really glad Ash is quite straightforward about it. I still remember Kid!Kukui asking him to use Firium with Torracat, he has a flashback of Kiawe's stock footage, his face is all "man, dude exagerates there" and when he does it, it's quite casual and right to the point.

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer
Interesting new development: Bulbapedia has on their Manalo Conference page when you go in to edit it that Gladion wins the league and Ash is the runner-up. Someone there know something the rest of the world doesn’t know?

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Interesting new development: Bulbapedia has on their Manalo Conference page when you go in to edit it that Gladion wins the league and Ash is the runner-up. Someone there know something the rest of the world doesn’t know?

I could go there in and edit that Guzma won the League and Kiawe is the runner up, and it would have just as much credibility. Bulbapedia is a wiki that anyone with an account could edit. You'll have a better chance of finding actual anime leaks on Reddit or Twitter than you would with Bulbapedia.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The episode hasn't even aired yet so this is most likely not real. I'm not dismissing the possibility of Gladion winning the league entirely.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Yeah, we can agree that this sad excuse for a league sucks.

assuming Ash wins, the only way I could condone his victory is if something happens akin to what happened when he won the OI league, Gary destroyed him and it made him realize he still needed improvement as a trainer, perhaps Leon would be a good fit for that role.

Or, have Leon show up and confront Kakui after the league is over, taking him on in Ash's place during the exhibition match and crushing him, and making him realize what truly goes into a league.

Of course there's the third option I mentioned in another thread, Ash could go to Galar, and if he mentions having won the alola league, then have people openly mock him as the Alola league isn't as credible as standard leagues are.

Last edited:
assuming Ash wins, the only way I could condone his victory is if something happens akin to what happened when he won the OI league, Gary destroyed him and it made him realize he still needed improvement as a trainer, perhaps Leon would be a good fit for that role.

Or, have Leon show up and confront Kakui after the league is over, taking him on in Ash's place during the exhibition match and crushing him, and making him realize what truly goes into a league.
That probably won't happen, but it would be awesome!

ShadowForce720

Okay, look I get that you don't like how the Alolan League is being handled which that is fine as that is your opinion, however that being said if you seriously think that there is going to be a character showing up in the anime and discrediting the league or having a situation where Kukui discredits his own league then you are just setting yourself up for disappointment. At this point if Leon does show up in the Sun and Moon anime it's going to be mainly so that he can tell Ash about the Galar region and maybe even battle him which and possibly offer to sponsor him which would give Ash a reason to go to Galar.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC

Fun fact: Gary beat Ash after Battle Frontier too

Well probably Kukui will still play that role in the exhibition match. Since he followed Ash's development while in Alola, probably he won't give him an easy match.

Leon would be awesome though...

D

Deleted member 384931

I wonder which pokémon Ash will use for this match, if he reaches the finals. But lets be honest: he will reach the finals.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy

Of course there's the third option I mentioned in another thread, Ash could go to Galar, and if he mentions having won the alola league, then have people openly mock him as the Alola league isn't as credible as standard leagues are.

I would not mind a scenario like this. It would also allow for some great storylines in Galar, such as making it difficult for him to get a sponsorship even though he won a Game League, or he easily gets sponsored, with his sponsors actually planning to use him to prop up Leon, while someone like Marnie, who would prove to be his superior, doesn't get a sponsor, exposing the corrupt nature of the sponsorship system.

Status
Not open for further replies.