• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 8th: SM138 - The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSDark

Breeder
The special is announcement is going to the first trailer or poster for SwSh. I hope so much that the girl trailer is scottish

Miky

The special is announcement is going to the first trailer or poster for SwSh. I hope so much that the girl trailer is scottish
Maybe scottish, but god please NONE OF THIS 'hurr durrh eya i saw u so imma battle ya' accent or something like this please, and we'll be fine. I really hate those kind of memes or things about that.

RedR

I'm going to go ahead and put my final predictions for the league since we'll probably get some spoiler descriptions/titles pretty soon.

I think Ash will lose the league. Looking at clips from the series, I think there's a lot of signs that point to a second place win for Ash.
My heart wants a win, but I think there will be a loss.

THAT BEING SAID THOUGH...

The fact that Gladion had a sigh of relief for winning (https://serebii.net/anime/pictures/sunmoon/1079ps3.shtml) shows that he was shaken up after the semi-finals. He almost tripped too when Kiawe congratulated him (https://serebii.net/anime/pictures/sunmoon/1079ps4.shtml) Alain never was really phased or felt "desperate" before his battle with Ash. I believe the only time Alain looked phased was when Ash-Greninja sent out that big old orange thing at him and was forced to quickly command a Blast Burn. So could this mean Ash will overtake Gladio since just the semi-finals shook him up?

Also, having the young professor ask Ash what happens if you win the Pokemon league, and then Ash not saying anything "directly" to his answer his question was humorous, so is that preparing the audience to see what happens when the main character wins the league?

Unless the league gets interupped by TR or TS, we'll know what happens in just a few more weeks!

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Also, having the young professor ask Ash what happens if you win the Pokemon league, and then Ash not saying anything "directly" to his answer his question was humorous, so is that preparing the audience to see what happens when the main character wins the league?

Unless the league gets interupped by TR or TS, we'll know what happens in just a few more weeks!

Even if Ash wins we still won't know the answer to that unless he wins the Galar League
There's no Elite Four to face, and Ash is already the champion. I think that's what part of the excitement was in later Leagues, we want to see what happens next, see if Ash gets to go right at it and battle an Elite Four member(Officially)

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Yeah I think the special announcement is going to be about Galar. Hopefully showing a poster of Ash and Pikachu with their traveling companions and the 3 starter Pokémon. Let Ash have Grookey please!!

I’m sticking to my opinion that Ash will win the Alola League. I’m automatically set up for failure yet I always want him to win and it keeps me invested in Pokémon Leagues.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
I am also sticking by my belief Ash is gonna win for once. This has been an atypical region, so this would fit right in line with the Orange League and Battle Frontier.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
you know I have to wonder, is Gladion afraid of losing that he has to resort to using those drives? Especially when you consider he's yet to lose a fight.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
The trend since Kalos: Ash loses to the main rival in the Conference Finals. Ash never beat Alain, so will Gladion be. As always, he'll lose.

Not sure how if Ash will face the other rival, Masked Royal, in the conference. But Ash didn't face Tierno and Trevor in the previous one.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The trend since Kalos: Ash loses to the main rival in the Conference Finals. Ash never beat Alain, so will Gladion be. As always, he'll lose.

Not sure how if Ash will face the other rival, Masked Royal, in the conference. But Ash didn't face Tierno and Trevor in the previous one.
It's not really a trend if it has only happened once (not to mention that Sawyer was the main rival, it'd be a better comparison if Ash was facing Guzma or Hau here)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I just had a thought. Ash kind of has to win here, I mean the prize is a battle with Kukui and Gladion has no connection to him at all, especially as the masked royal.

It would only make sense to have Torracat and Incineroar have a final battle to cap off their rivalry.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
There was no point to Alain winning the Kalos League either. From the way "Down to the Fiery Finish" was written, you wouldn't have expected Greninja to lose. It was as out-of-nowhere as Ash losing to Hau.

Narratively, yes, Alola has suggest Ash winning like no series before it. But since this is fiction, the writers can do whatever the heck they want.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I just had a thought. Ash kind of has to win here, I mean the prize is a battle with Kukui and Gladion has no connection to him at all, especially as the masked royal.

It would only make sense to have Torracat and Incineroar have a final battle to cap off their rivalry.
Gladion wins, but lets Ash battle Royal since Gladion doesn't have any connection with Royal, which is also not connected to the League, since it's just an exhibition match

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Please don't clutter threads with "discussion" about things you know obviously aren't true.

Also, the special announcement will be in SM137, so please take any speculation regarding what it will be to the SM137 thread.

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The image of Silvally from the recent magazine article is new and seems to be Silvally's Fire-type Multi-Attack. So Silvally might be used here.

Status
Not open for further replies.