• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 8th: SM138 - The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Gladion as being the premier rival as Ash's final challenge before a League win also bugs me because there's nothing particularly deep about it it's just very standard. Maybe I'm just expecting to much because it's nothing what I wanted or expected for this scenario. Oh well
While Ash doesn't have much of a deep rivalry with Gladion he does with Kukui. That match should have the meaning that Gladion's lacks

Master Pikachu 11

Thank god, it would have been utterly terrible writing if Delia didn't show up at all when she showed up for stupid school crap.

Well with Oak here, I guess this'll give a good indication on Melmetal's fate. If Oak wants to research it, it's most certainly going home.
It’s not the only reason for it go to Oak’s, like Noivern has a bond with Hawlucha, Melmetal still has a similar bond to Rowlet. Besides when they returned to the lab as a field trip, Brock mentioned that wild Pokémon also stay at the lab. So there is really no reason for Melmetal to not stay with Ash. It’s personality is similar to Snorlax when it comes to eating metal.

D

Deleted member 384931

Is Pikachu already battling Silvally and Zoroark (disguised as Lycanrock?)?

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
No, it's Silvally, because it uses Air Slash and equips the Fire Memory.

It looks like the battle opens with Pikachu v. Silvally, then continues on with either Lycanroc or Zoroark versus Pikachu.

I don't know if that means Silvally was defeated or recalled. We don't even know how long the match will be.

Fire_Phoenix

No, it's Silvally, because it uses Air Slash and equips the Fire Memory.

It looks like the battle opens with Pikachu v. Silvally, then continues on with either Lycanroc or Zoroark versus Pikachu.

I don't know if that means Silvally was defeated or recalled. We don't even know how long the match will be.

The battle begins with Silvady vs Melmetal, IIRC

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
I really hope Ash recalls Melmetal, otherwise it'll be taking a quick loss to Silvally, and that'd be really disappointing for likely the only battle it'll get. (Also if he doesn't recall Pikachu too then Lycanroc will probably win, I can't see Pikachu tanking all of Gladion's mons himself.)

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Things got interesting. Melmetal vs Silvally beginning? I feel like both are going to be recalled.

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion
So we know so far:

The battle starts with Melmetal vs Silvally
Pikachu vs Silvally
Pikachu vs Zoroark (Disguised as Lycanroc, as it used Night Daze)

Now I’m wondering if the battle is gonna finish with Lycanroc vs Lycanroc in the next episode. It’d be cool if it ended up with a clash between both using Splintered Storm Shards, but I doubt it.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
He starts with Melmetal, but Pikachu is fighting both Silvally and Zoroark?
That's...odd. Melmetal can't be going do so quickly in the ep it evolves in, right?

TheScentedApple

Please don't let Melmetal evolve and just let it lose immediately, hopefully he sees Melmetal is struggling and swaps it out. Lycanroc could be disguised as Zoroark, with Lycanroc using Snarl it's ambiguous since both can learn the move but its probably Zoroark. 4v4, so I'm assuming Ash doesn't use Rowlet?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
He starts with Melmetal, but Pikachu is fighting both Silvally and Zoroark?
That's...odd. Melmetal can't be going do so quickly in the ep it evolves in, right?

I think he recalls melmetal midbattle, then send out pikachu who probably dominates silvally forcing gladion to call him back and send out zoroak, hence pikachu vs zoroark.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Since none of classmates are going witnessing Meltan evolving into Melmetal I'm curious they'll won't know about Melmetal until the battle.

Please don't let Melmetal evolve and just let it lose immediately, hopefully he sees Melmetal is struggling and swaps it out. Lycanroc could be disguised as Zoroark, with Lycanroc using Snarl it's ambiguous since both can learn the move but its probably Zoroark. 4v4, so I'm assuming Ash doesn't use Rowlet?

It's a 3 vs 3 battle based on this image:

melmetal.jpg

Also I think Zoroark is using its signature Night Daze when disguised as Midnight Lycanroc.

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion
Does Silvally have Ground Memory when it’s using Air Slash? Fire Silvally is more red, it seems to be more brown when battling Pikachu. Fighting could also be likely if it’s just battled Melmetal, the two are quite similar.

Anyways, I’m going with;

Melmetal vs Silvally (Melmetal recalled)
Pikachu vs Silvally (Pikachu)
Pikachu vs Zoroark (Zoroark)
Melmetal vs Zoroark (Draw)?
Lycanroc vs Lycanroc (Ash’s)

This one’s actually quite difficult to call...

IkeBayern

Since none of classmates are going witnessing Meltan evolving into Melmetal I'm curious they'll won't know about Melmetal until the battle.

It's a 3 vs 3 battle based on this image:

melmetal.jpg

Also I think Zoroark is using its signature Night Daze when disguised as Midnight Lycanroc.

I almost got confused there for a moment.. I thought that the 3 Pokeballs were of Ash’s 3 other Pokémon + Melmetal who he sends out first to battle..

But this actually makes a lotta sense because Gladion only has 4 Pokémon with him so I guess his Umbreon will sit this one out..

Ash is known as a perennial league loser in these circles but I hope that he actually wins this time so that we can get that Masked Royal showdown, it would be a very fitting end to this tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.