• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 9th: PM2019 124 - The Semifinals III: Valor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
The reason behind Cynthia should be logical.
As long as it makes sense and it's not total BS, I can live with it.

I wonder if these complicated strategies will translate well into the battle. Her strategy isn't bad, but I doubt Stealth Rock and Dynamax Togekiss will be able to hurt Lucario that much.

BATTLE:

1)I see Sirfetch’d and Garchomp face off first,so Garchomp can set up Stealth Rock.

2)Then Garchomp returns and Milotic comes out,resulting in a draw.

3)Dracovish and Roserade gets sent in, with Dracovish getting hurt by Stealth Rock and being poisoned. I see it being a draw too.

4)Then Lucario get sent out vs Togekiss. Togekiss gets beaten up first, so Togekiss Dynamaxes and Lucario Mega Evolves. Togekiss tries to slow Lucario down, but Lucario manages to beat Togekiss.

5)Then Mega Lucario vs Garchomp,with Lucario winning.

AJ97

It is weird to see Cynthia of all people being overconfident
Cynthia is not being overconfident at all. If anything, she's treating Ash as the bigger threat/challenger and has been very animated throughout the battle so far. She seemed far more overconfident in the Iris fight without even flinching and staying calm and collected throughout the fight.
If she was overconfident, she wouldn't have had to resort to the cheap yet effective, Destiny Bond Trick.

I think we'll definitely get an objective reason why Cynthia doesn't Mega Evolve Garchomp.

Sham

The Guardian of War
It is weird to see Cynthia of all people being overconfident
It’s not over confident. She might even be even playing checkers not chess thinking about the long run. Ash is already aware she had Mega Evolution. She’s most likely betting that Ash being shocked over Dynamax Togekiss is more resourceful than straight up battling with Mega Garchomp

The tweet basically implied she’s not doing it because Ash knows

Plus she goes still have her ace left after using her gimmick

She’s betting that Dynamax Togekiss is gonna sweep Mega Lucario and if not Garchomp is still there.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Cynthia is not being overconfident at all. If anything, she's treating Ash as the bigger threat/challenger and has been very animated throughout the battle so far. She seemed far more overconfident in the Iris fight without even flinching and staying calm and collected throughout the fight.
If she was overconfident, she wouldn't have had to resort to the cheap yet effective, Destiny Bond Trick.
It is just weird how she treats Ash and Iris differently in battle.
I think we'll definitely get an objective reason why Cynthia doesn't Mega Evolve Garchomp.
Eh. The only reason I can see is "the element of surprise".
It’s not over confident. She might even be even playing checkers not chess thinking about the long run. Ash is already aware she had Mega Evolution.
That ls true.
She’s most likely betting that Ash being shocked over Dynamax Togekiss is more resourceful than straight up battling with Mega Garchomp
Ash has much experience with Dynamax Pokemon by now, so I doubt Ash will be helpless against Togekiss.
Plus she goes still have her ace left after using her gimmick
Sure, but her ace moves have like zero effect on Lucario.

Whatever you like it or not,Lucario needs to play the hero (again.)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Stealth Rock? Man that would have decimated Ash's XY team... WTF did Garchomp replace exactly? Scale Shot and Stealth Rock are confirmed moves, with Dig, Dragon Claw, and Draco Meteor all being used in her match against Iris. If she seriously got rid of Dig, than the Nerf button hit Garchomp extremely hard

Pteranodonte

So…. It Garchomp set up Stealth Rock and switch out.

Cynthia likely intend for Milotic to take down Sirfetch’d

Than Lucario come in and get damage by Stelath Rock.

If he manage to beat Milotic than Dynamaxed Togekiss to beat or further weaken Lucario (Mega)

Than Garchomp come back to finish thing kff
Again? We know that Dracovish is coming out before Farfetch'd and only after Garchomp is coming out. Come on guys, we got spoiled the matchups weeks ago, don't keep saying the same wrong things over and over again.

Stealth Rock? Man that would have decimated Ash's XY team... WTF did Garchomp replace exactly? Scale Shot and Stealth Rock are confirmed moves, with Dig, Dragon Claw, and Draco Meteor all being used in her match against Iris. If she seriously got rid of Dig, than the Nerf button hit Garchomp extremely hard
A way for Lucario to beat Garchomp because favoritism

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Setting up Stealth Rock when 2 out of his remaining 3 resist it? Cynthia's losing it smh

It is fun knowing the Gen 4 Champion and her iconic ace gave used 2 of the most well known moves added in Gen 4.

Setting up Stealth Rock when 2 out of his remaining 3 resist it? Cynthia's losing it smh

It is fun knowing the Gen 4 Champion and her iconic ace gave used 2 of the most well known moves added in Gen 4.
Cynthia is literally THROWING and yet Lucario will get all the credit smh
Cynthia is pulling an Ash in the Kalos League and shooting herself in the foot. If you know you know.
No Cynthia is pulling a Germany in WWII

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Idk about you but I love that Stealth rock is being used, entry hazard, added strategy? This battle is heaven in terms of writing jesus christ, Tomioka went full out with this
Can you please go **** yourself? How deranged do you have to be to make that comparison, let alone your obnoxious idiotic psychotic behaviour throughout the forums for last few months. How can someone be this salty and mad? Holy **** XYZ broke you, get a life

AJ97

Idk about you but I love that Stealth rock is being used, entry hazard, added strategy? This battle is heaven in terms of writing jesus christ, Tomioka went full out with this
To be fair, Stealth Rock seems far too elementary and basic for Cynthia; considering it's the strategy the first Gym leader in Sinnoh uses.

Edit: Unless of course; we see a modified version of Stealth Rock with Anime logic.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Cynthia is literally THROWING and yet Lucario will get all the credit smh
Cynthia is pulling an Ash in the Kalos League and shooting herself in the foot. If you know you know.
I was mainly joking. SR would make more sense early on in the match but I don't think it's an active detriment to her as far as we know. I wouldn't compare this to WW2 in any case though.

Can you please go **** yourself? How deranged do you have to be to make that comparison, let alone your obnoxious idiotic psychotic behaviour throughout the forums for last few months. How can someone be this salty and mad? Holy **** XYZ broke you, get a life
I’m making a comparison I’m not saying that Cynthia committed genocide or anything. It just that like Cynthia Germany started out dominating but ended up shooting themselves in the foot. How is this offensive? Plus I hate the Nazis

Status
Not open for further replies.