• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 9th: PM2019 124 - The Semifinals III: Valor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samurott

The Lucario shilling complaint is a weird one. Pikachu literally can’t do anything to Garchomp because of it’s typing and Lucario can only match it with its Mega, thought it made sense for him to Star here. It’s already extremely obvious reserves were off the table so I’m personally past the point of being disappointed by that, it is what it is.

If anything it makes him staring against Leon less likely which I’m sure people would’ve been frustrated about even more. Really happy a two parter is at least confirmed and if we can get that to three? Even better

Cannot believe people are actually bitter Lucario is the likely lead here and not Infernape. Any rivalry that Garchomp and Infernape have is inconsequential. People are still just SOMEHOW mad that Ash has a Lucario at all.

I agree, for whatever reason, Lucario seems to get the most hate compared to the other most popular Pokemon and this behavior is very weird and creepy. Before Journeys, it only appeared with Maylene, Riley, Cameron, Korina, and Kukui. Naturally it appears a little more when it's Ash's ace. People act like every other trainer has one and that it always appeared in the wild.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Yeah. People will complain about Ash having plot armor and Cynthia stans will complain
Yeah, I’ve already accepted that this battle won’t be as good as I want it to be so I won’t be as upset as I was in the first round, but I’m still avoiding the forums like the plague when the battle drops

I do feel bad for the Journeys staff though since it really seems like they’re struggling with production. I hope they’re doing ok

Nah. Only other 6v6 that was three episodes or longer was Ash VS Paul and Ash VS Kukui
True, if anything, a good example for how a full battle usually plays out would be Ash’s battle with Paul in Lake Acuity

I agree, for whatever reason, Lucario seems to get the most hate compared to the other most popular Pokemon and this behavior is very weird and creepy. Before Journeys, it only appeared with Maylene, Riley, Cameron, Korina, and Kukui. Naturally it appears a little more when it's Ash's ace. People act like every other trainer has one and that it always appeared in the wild.
It's also weird because people have been wanting Ash to have a Lucario for ages and now that he finally has one, they completely despise it

Last edited:

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Yeah, I’ve already accepted that this battle won’t be as good as I want it to be so I won’t be as upset as I was in the first round, but I’m still avoiding the forums like the plague when the battle drops

I do feel bad for the Journeys staff though since it really seems like they’re struggling with production. I hope they’re doing ok
Sure, there wellbeing is very important. But makes you wonder if this mess ( to put it lightly)will affect the directors and staff on the long run. Will they be asked to do other anime after people see the Journeys is right now? Alot of directors and VAs got fame by playing a role in Pokémon and scored other roles after that.

Master Pikachu 11

It's also weird because people have been wanting Ash to have a Lucario for ages and now that he finally has one, they completely despise it
The only ones that have been completely despising it have usually been the ones that didn’t want it in the first place. Sure there maybe a few that dislike it now because they feel it’s been stealing the spotlight from the other Pokémon even though Pikachu has been stealing it a lot more in this series, but I for one and am still happy that he has one and uses it

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
Most likely because it could've been treated much better in the past than the spotlight stealing jackal with a near-spotless winning streak sensation that Journeys paints it to be like.

It’s a Lucario, it’s not like in DP or XY it would have been shown as a jobbing loser no matter what. It always would have been the strongest or next to strongest member of Ash’s team.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Lucario would undeniably be a key Pokemon in Ash's team no matter which series it occurred in. It likely would have been on his DP team if they hadn't already committed to the Chimchar plot from episode 1. The problem is Lucario is being implanted here on a team where everyone's an A-gamer compared to those that came before.

It creates the situation where Lucario has to be the best of the best of the best, so it can't afford many if any losses here until the very end so the scale of strength is established.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Kindly piss off with the "Tired of the anime shilling Cynthia" for this battle please, thank you!!

For any DP fan, this battle would be awaited and EVERYONE would prefer it to be a 6v6. It deserves its three episodes, Cynthia deserves this fanfare based on how the anime has built her up. Idc if it annoys you, this time is Cynthia's to shine and finally lose, and it deserves all the hype

Similarly, It's so freaking annoying serebiiforums is trying to Gaslight people into thinking Lucario has been "shilled' in any way, shape or form just because it got arcs, something most Ash mons have gotten. I'd rather a Mega Lucario vs Mega Garchomp fight than any other JN mon
And Lucario is something I ALWAYS wanted for Ash, the majority of the fanbase wanted that first and foremost, so everyone is allowed to celebrate it becoming a reality and getting it's ultimate fanfare moment

That’s why it’s best to avoid this hell site during down time hours where shitposting goes into hyper drive. Also negative takes will always be better for engagement and outrage farming.

Hate-Watching content you retroactively despise is odd.
Facts as always. Literal buzzkills just to farm engagement. Ignore them though, their shitposting is inconsequential at the end of the day, there are so many others like you and me who are rightfully hyped for this battle, don't let a few shitposters get to you
This is what I mean lol. What was the point of this utterly unnecessary jab? People are hyped, awesome! Let them be hype.

Like seriously, do you guys rub your hands together every morning and go “I can’t wait to laugh at this person enjoying something :D ” lmao
It's always the same freaking set of people too!! And also the mentality "Let people criticise things"
My brother in Christ, when has criticism not been allowed here?? It's the screeching and doomposting that's rightfully called out

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Kindly piss off with the "Tired of the anime shilling Cynthia" for this battle please, thank you!!

For any DP fan, this battle would be awaited and EVERYONE would prefer it to be a 6v6. It deserves its three episodes, Cynthia deserves this fanfare based on how the anime has built her up. Idc if it annoys you, this time is Cynthia's to shine and finally lose, and it deserves all the hype
tbf I just love Diantha and hope her battle isn't done in one episode and is a total wipe out but I respect the love for Cynthia and wanting that battle longer too!

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan

Similarly, It's so freaking annoying serebiiforums is trying to Gaslight people into thinking Lucario has been "shilled' in any way, shape or form just because it got arcs, something most Ash mons have gotten. I'd rather a Mega Lucario vs Mega Garchomp fight than any other JN mon
And Lucario is something I ALWAYS wanted for Ash, the majority of the fanbase wanted that first and foremost, so everyone is allowed to celebrate it becoming a reality and getting it's ultimate fanfare moment

Facts as always. Literal buzzkills just to farm engagement. Ignore them though, their shitposting is inconsequential at the end of the day, there are so many others like you and me who are rightfully hyped for this battle, don't let a few shitposters get to you

It's always the same freaking set of people too!! And also the mentality "Let people criticise things"
My brother in Christ, when has criticism not been allowed here?? It's the screeching and doomposting that's rightfully called out

People just aren’t happy unless they’re making others unhappy, and this forum has a major issue with it that runs absolutely rampant. Obviously the show has issues but the amount of dead-horse-beating that goes on here is laughable. Personally, Cynthia isn’t my Champion of choice (that would be Lance, Steven, or Iris) but like she deserves her own time to shine. People just want to be contrarians or haters and dislike Cynthia solely because she has a lot of fans, which is majorly petty.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
People just aren’t happy unless they’re making others unhappy, and this forum has a major issue with it that runs absolutely rampant. Obviously the show has issues but the amount of dead-horse-beating that goes on here is laughable.
That is a hurtful statement. Issues is a way to put it, I personally would call it a disaster, especially for an anime that normally has a decent execution.

Personally, Cynthia isn’t my Champion of choice (that would be Lance, Steven, or Iris) but like she deserves her own time to shine. People just want to be contrarians or haters and dislike Cynthia solely because she has a lot of fans, which is majorly petty.
Sure, she deserves her time to shine. And sure, she has alot of fans. But the anime hypes her up as the best thing that ever happened to the anime. She appeared in three series, got more screentime than whatever non-Ash Champion. Same goes for the games btw. Personally, I just observe what I see. And what I see isn't encouraging, rn.

And I also think you don't understand the issue:
It is not that we DONT want a decent Ash vs Cynthia, we KNOW that we probably won't get it.

Vichoo

I'm still disappointed that this battle and the final is not with reservations, mistakes like this lower the level of this arc. Even so, I waited more than 10 years for this battle and I will enjoy it, too bad I will have to see the useless bird or dragon fighting instead of seeing Infernape or Charizard for example.

I mean, this battle will have almost three episodes, it would have been the cherry on the cake that we would have seen his Dream Team against Cynthia, that battle that they owe us from DP

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Cynthia was the only Champion the show went out of its way to promote that Ash always showed massive interest in battling. The DP journey itself literally made it seem like Ash would get to the E4 and challenge her at the end, you know, till Tobias
Yeah. I just hope the battle itself will be worth the three episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.