• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 9th: PM2019 124 - The Semifinals III: Valor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Manifesting a *curbstomp* and *bad animation*

Konja7

Um, not really. If they were really giving it the total respect it deserves, there would have been a reserve or three here, and it would've been an Infernape - Garchomp finale and not more Lucario shilling pushed down our throats.

Also, general rule of the thumb with JN, never get excited too early.

I understand your feelings, but Infernape - Garchomp finale wouldn't happen even if Ash uses reserves. After all, it makes sense the focus for the this Tournament to be Ash's team in Journeys

The only way reserves would have so big prominence in a Tournamente is if Ash doesn't have a team in the season. However, people would complained if Ash doesn't caught Pokemon too.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Manifesting a *curbstomp* and *bad animation*
Lol
I understand your feelings, but Infernape - Garchomp finale wouldn't happen even if Ash uses reserves. After all, it makes sense the focus for the this Tournament to be Ash's team in Journeys

The only way reserves would have so big prominence in a Tournamente is if Ash doesn't have a team in the season. However, people would complained if Ash doesn't caught Pokemon too.
God no. It would have made things so much easier for the writers to use Pokémon with already established stories they can built on. He should have used reserves from the beginning of the PWC

UnovaMaster

Infernape never had a rivalry with Cynthia, literally nothing besides it being a Sinnoh starter connects it back to her

It's not the amazing payoff people think it is

Ash shouldn't be stealing Flint's dream anyways

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
Wonderful to see Cynthia vs Ash will be a two-parter and will have Iwane too.
Great news to start the day with.

Yeah. People will complain about Ash having plot armor and Cynthia stans will complain
Only thing to complain about is no Sinnoh Team and no Infernape being the ones being to fight Cynthia. And from there you can start complaining about no Reverses in general, but I digress.
Point being is that ever Cynthia forever Ash has been the only one person in like the entire franchise "Cynthia stans" have always been okay with her losing to.
That said, if the fight ends up being Garchomp standing there drooling while Lucario-sama is charging the Genkidama... Oh well, such is PM. Even better, maybe. Says a lot if that is what it took for Cynthia to finally be defeated!

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Um, not really. If they were really giving it the total respect it deserves, there would have been a reserve or three here, and it would've been an Infernape - Garchomp finale and not more Lucario shilling pushed down our throats.

Posts like this remind me of how much this anime in general can not win, you could have a gloriously animated battle, but if the results don't match up, it still fails in the end.

Example: Ash vs Alain in the kalos league. great animation, but lackluster combat and bad finish due to overhyping people with the episode's preview caused it to be bad.

Style over substance doesn't equal perfection

There's always going to be complaining about something from someone, because the show will never cater to everyone, because the undisputed truth is what one person likes, another doesn't, and it will always lead to conflict.

God no. It would have made things so much easier for the writers to use Pokémon with already established stories they can built on. He should have used reserves from the beginning of the PWC

it would've been equally boring to some of us if Ash had gotten nothing new either, again agree to disagree.

The JN's team got him this far, they might as well carry him to the end win or lose.

I would've liked to see reserves too, but by this point it feels abit too late for them to get involved with this.

It’s what it deserves

i know the anime deserves to pay for making Iris cry but revenge is not always the answer.

Sham

Yeah. People will complain about Ash having plot armor and Cynthia stans will complain
This is true but the reason why the stans must accept the fact that she’s finally losing is because it’s inevitable. You must accept something you can’t change and given the fact Ash has defeated almost every Champion he’s fought this is no different.

However I’m more than certain if they had it their way she wouldn’t be losing to a half baked team that’s not been shown training that often

That being said, I don’t think him winning itself will be where the complaints stem from but instead how it happens. And judging PM she might be in the lead for the first episode and swept in the last

The outcome was already decided when they matched up. That being said Infernape or at the very least some Sinnoh Pokémon should have been used

Of course we’re gonna get some copes, pleas and cries that Ash pulled an Ashpull

but no, her being this “strong force” needs to be put to REST and Journey Ash doing it is the icing on the cake

See

That said, if the fight ends up being Garchomp standing there drooling while Lucario-sama is charging the Genkidama... Oh well, such is PM. Even better, maybe. Says a lot if that is what it took for Cynthia to finally be defeated!

They’ve spent so much time hyping her up and now rent is due and it’s coming back to haunt them

Last edited:

Sham

Lol. There wont be any curbstomping if the battle is 2 episodes long.

On a more positive note, here's wishing it has good animation and they show both characters to be badasses.
If the second half of the episode is majority of the battle similar to Bea and the first episode is pretty slow… what exactly makes you think it’s not possible?

You could be correct it’s not but hopefully it is

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I‘m disappointed that JN didn’t make use of the reserves, too, but having them appear just for the tournament would‘ve been even worse. The JN team, like it or not, is his strongest team so far, and even the weakest members Sirfetch‘d and Dracovish have feats that surpass the likes of Infernape by far.

I wish Ash would’ve used his reserves over the course of the series instead of catching old Pokémon, but it is what it is, and the series made it clear that these are Ash‘s strongest Pokémon, excluding Greninja. Him using reserves would be a downgrade.

nuzamaki90

Also, general rule of the thumb with JN, never get excited too early.
I’ve gotten over the concept of no reserves being brought along for a good while now. Them all training Ash’s new team and directly playing a part in the battle against Steven was satisfying enough for me personally. We don’t know what role Lucario is playing here and to what capacity, the Mega VS Mega idea is just an assumption.

Also, I don’t know if you can tell but I’ve thoroughly been enjoying JN for the past year or so, and this tournament especially has been great. Maybe don’t push your negative beliefs onto other people :/

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer
Yep, majority of these replies are exactly what I expected. More whining about no reserves and how Ash will win.

I suppose it is too much to ask for people to TRY to be positive. But then again doom and gloom is what sells in today’s day and age so what do I know.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Yep, majority of these replies are exactly what I expected. More whining about no reserves and how Ash will win.

I suppose it is too much to ask for people to TRY to be positive. But then again doom and gloom is what sells in today’s day and age so what do I know.
It is HARD to be positive about something like this. You can't deny that this tournament is FAR from perfect

nuzamaki90

Makes talking about the episode pre-airing so non engaging. You say something positive and inconsequential and someone comes out of no where with “Um achually..” like lol. Let people enjoy things.

Status
Not open for further replies.