• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 9th: PM2019 124 - The Semifinals III: Valor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Serebii users complaining about Serebii users complaining :p

Expectations aren't either high or low after round 1 but I do hope the battle delivers. This is the one battle I'd want to see if I had to choose even if it's lame Infernape isn't here lol
It wouldn't have hurt to bring only one reserve who is the center of probably the most hype matchup in the history of the show.

Atleast Mega Luke is cool.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Um, not really. If they were really giving it the total respect it deserves, there would have been a reserve or three here, and it would've been an Infernape - Garchomp finale and not more Lucario shilling pushed down our throats.

Also, general rule of the thumb with JN, never get excited too early.
Facts. People are genuinely hyped over this with no Infernape and JN's track record with battles lmfao.

But hey, we got more Lucario shilling, the thing everbody loves!!

And then we'll get more Lucario vs Leon!!! Joy!!!!

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
I'm not sure if Satoshi versus Shirona will be only two episodes long but I would definitely like to see a third part, if possible. I think it would be nice to give Asada and Iwane a chance to pull off another DP #187-188 considering the ties Shirona has to that era. I suspect it won't happen, but it would be nice if it were the case. I suspect that we probably will not receive that luxury thanks to the production schedule of the series being so out of whack that Iwane's last episode was #114.

It does make me curious if #125 will be the final episode the Asada/Iwane team handles for Pocket Monster (2019) before beginning the next series. It would definitely be an interesting turn of events if this does wind up being the last time they handle an episode for this series. The next question, naturally, is who would handle the Satoshi versus Dande battle.

Kage-Pikachu

I really want to see a Spitomb in action so i am hoping Cynthia uses it. i am very excited for this battle. How do you think Pikachu will go down? he definitely won't make it to the last round of this battle.

Ash has to show off the power of his team to make Ash vs Leon look believable. Dracovish needs Hydropump instead of Water Gun and Sirfetch'd could use a new move too.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Facts. People are genuinely hyped over this with no Infernape and JN's track record with battles lmfao.

But hey, we got more Lucario shilling, the thing everbody loves!!

And then we'll get more Lucario vs Leon!!! Joy!!!!
Yet I heard arguments that apparently this Lucario wasn't going to be shoved down our throats...even though I totally said this would happen in the beginning.

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
Yet I heard arguments that apparently this Lucario wasn't going to be shoved down our throats...even though I totally said this would happen in the beginning.
How crazy someone has to be to not think that a Lucario, a Lucario owned by Ash of all people, was not gonna get shoved down everyone's throats and be the specialest snowflake ever?

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
There have been problems, absolutely. But expecting disappointment in the hopes that you won’t but then complaining with what you get regardless is just super annoying. If anyone even tries to be positive, it’s just a chorus of “L + ratio + virgin”.
That’s why it’s best to avoid this hell site during down time hours where shitposting goes into hyper drive. Also negative takes will always be better for engagement and outrage farming.

Hate-Watching content you retroactively despise is odd.

nuzamaki90

This is what I mean lol. What was the point of this utterly unnecessary jab? People are hyped, awesome! Let them be hype.

Like seriously, do you guys rub your hands together every morning and go “I can’t wait to laugh at this person enjoying something :D ” lmao

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

yet if it was a pokemon you loved in particular being "shoved" in people's faces, you'd look the other way and enjoy it while others complained in your place.

Ash vs Cynthia being a 2 parter is great honestly... but if Ash is using Mega Lucario here, than that leaves G-max Gengar for Leon unless the no limit to gimmicks in the finals is the correct theory

to be fair, if Lucario goes mega here that would mean each gimmick has been used twice so far.

so Ash could still use whatever in the last match, just the gimmick he employs being used 3 times opposed to the others 2.

I'm not opposed to the let ash use em all theory, but I can't see them doing that without letting Leon do the same(because not only is it not fair, but it would really undercut Ash's potential victory against him if he's allowed to use all 3 while leon only has 1-2), he (leon) might have a mega, but in terms of Z-moves where do you even start there?

After the events of yesterday and people airing their distaste on the new gimmick, I suppose it'd be nice to see Ash and Leon agree to a no gimmick fight, but considering he would've used them to beat 2 champions already...i'm having a hard time seeing that personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.