• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 9th: PM2019 124 - The Semifinals III: Valor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
You know, Lucario can actually learn Magnet Rise, but i know there isnt a chance Ash's Lucario will learn this move.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash clearly has the dynamax band on for a reason, he's not gonna go this entire tournament without letting Gengar do his thing and we all know Gengar isn't gonna be the one to pressure Leon... so maybe G-Max Gengar happens here, but Mega Lucario vs Leon would just be Bea all over again, with Ash at an even bigger disadvantage.

or he could use his z-move again.

TheNewGuy

Facts. People are genuinely hyped over this with no Infernape and JN's track record with battles lmfao.

But hey, we got more Lucario shilling, the thing everbody loves!!

And then we'll get more Lucario vs Leon!!! Joy!!!!

Yes? It's Ash vs. Cynthia, with a high chance of Cynthia losing to literally Ash and being humiliated on worldwide television

How is that anything other than hype? The destination can be just as exciting as the journey. In the same way I found enjoyment in Leon/Alain - a bad battle - because of the way MCX was totally destroyed. That was richly satisfying and cathartic, and Cynthia taking a massive L (again, to literally Ash) will inspire similar feelings.

I also don't think it's guaranteed to be a bad battle or something. There's been a few good ones recently that I've enjoyed, such as Volkner and Raihan as well as Diantha/Lance.

And yeah I don't mind Lucario and I've never given a **** about this "shill" stuff really so I guess that helps.

TheNewGuy

Ash clearly has the dynamax band on for a reason, he's not gonna go this entire tournament without letting Gengar do his thing and we all know Gengar isn't gonna be the one to pressure Leon... so maybe G-Max Gengar happens here, but Mega Lucario vs Leon would just be Bea all over again, with Ash at an even bigger disadvantage.

Is it possible that Ash G-Maxes Gengar early against Leon to try and throw Leon off, and is in a situation where going into the final episode he's down 3-2 with G-Max Zard still unused? That would be a great surprise and avoids the more predictable finales of Gigazard vs. Pikachu's Z move or Mega Lucario (although I wouldn't hate those either). You'd have base Pikachu and Lucario against Charizard and two others.

Jeal

What I think it's funny is that people would love Ash's Charizard being a part of it even when whatever is wrong with Lucario is worse for Charizard.

TheNewGuy

What I think it's funny is that people would love Ash's Charizard being a part of it even when whatever is wrong with Lucario is worse for Charizard.

Not at all. To be clear the "shill" stuff is really silly imo, but I at least know where it comes from - Luke has been emphasised pretty hard for a long time in JN. Charizard hasn't had much emphasis for a very very long time.

Jeal

Not at all. To be clear the "shill" stuff is really silly imo, but I at least know where it comes from - Luke has been emphasised pretty hard for a long time in JN. Charizard hasn't had much emphasis for a very very long time.
Not a lot more than past aces. In fact, the people complaining were already complaining even before Ash got it.

Akashin

During the middle-end of BW Charizard came back
Alain
Trevor
Leon
Alain again
And Kiawe. Not to mention that Ash's Charizard returning would have put Charizard on three of eight Masters 8 teams, potentially four if hypothetically Lance's full team contained one (not an unrealistic guess). Lucario might edge out Charizard in prominence right this second, but Charizard has had time in the limelight for the better part of a decade, and countless times before.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Not like he didn't do that vs Raihan... so not out of the realm

except he was kind of forced to do that given the circumstances, who's to say the opposite won't happen against Leon? he could primed to use G-max gengar, but then have to switch to another gimmick depending on what Leon does.

Kind getting off topic, I say we end this here and focus on this fight.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Yes? It's Ash vs. Cynthia, with a high chance of Cynthia losing to literally Ash and being humiliated on worldwide television
I think everyone can agree that it's going to be a veeeeery close match though, so she wouldn't be "humiliated" lol. The only way you could truthfully use that word to describe her defeat if Ash somehow easily steamrolls her, which he won't. He will most likely win, yes, but it's silly to think that the victory is gonna be anything but razor thin.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
This fight is going to be intense and there will be a narrow winner here, and it'll all be meant to drive sentiment. If it didn't, we would not be getting a magazine image of a newly-canonized kid Cynthia design out of nowhere to play this up.

Steven didn't get that. We didn't get a picture of baby boy Steven holding a Root Fossil with his shiny Beldum. We didn't get a picture of prima donna Diantha with a Ralts. We didn't get a glimpse of Iris and Axew who we know, and who just fought Cynthia. But this fight among the rest is getting this tiny parallel. It won't be a blowout.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
This recent obsession with Cynthia being “humiliated” from the fandom is weird
I think it’s a huge annoyance when people treat any character like they’re larger than life itself. Granted I heavily blame the anime for all of this and her portrayal but Cynthia stans being too much is just an on going joke in the Pokémon community beyond Serebii.

I think this just a reaction to the reactions of her being treated like God. Granted the “humiliated” thing is out of bounds but

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I think it’s a huge annoyance when people treat any character like they’re larger than life itself. Granted I heavily blame the anime for all of this and her portrayal but Cynthia stans being too much is just an on going joke in the Pokémon community beyond Serebii.

I think this just a reaction to the reactions of her being treated like God. Granted the “humiliated” thing is out of bounds but

I mean yeah I get that she’s overrated by a very vocal part of the fanbase and I don’t blame or even fully disagree with people who feel that way. It’s all of the “lol can’t wait for Cynthia stans to get mad when she loses to Ash” or when she first returned in the Volkner episode and the first thing a lot of people were saying is they hoped she got swept by Leon. I get if people are tired of her being treated as some untouchable goddess but wanting her to be humiliated just out of spite is just as weird to me imo.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I mean yeah I get that she’s overrated by a very vocal part of the fanbase and I don’t blame or even fully disagree with people who feel that way. It’s all of the “lol can’t wait for Cynthia stans to get mad when she loses to Ash” or when she first returned in the Volkner episode and the first thing a lot of people were thing is they hoped she got swept by Leon. I get if people are tired of her being treated as some untouchable goddess but wanting her to be humiliated just out of spite is just as weird to me imo.
Yeah I do agree. It’s not fair to all of the Cynthia fans. I think that spite is just directed towards the local loud minority.

The recent battle aside, you even had people saying that Leon is weaker than her if they’re not in Galar to Dynamax and that’s why he’s number one.

This is mostly to the tirades of people who make every excuse in the book why she’s this untouchable being. She’s getting the Sasuke Uchiha treatment by the fandom is because everywhere you look their is copes and pleas.

That being said, you are right about chilling out with the “making Cynthia fans mad” thing because at times it can get pretty annoying and doesn’t need to be said every few minutes and I respect that

Pepito Chillito

Our queen gets a two parter. She is the MOST important female PWC participant and the writers know it. Cynthia's beauty, her elegance, her cool battling style and her lipstick is second to none. Iris might have been a mere 2vs2 stepping stone in the great class that was settled in 10 minutes but these writers know Cynthia needs 2 episodes minimum for a battle with Ash.

ALL HAIL Cynthia and Garchomp!!!

Pepito Chillito

What if Ash brings back one Sinnoh Pokemon but it's Gible and it beats Mega Garchomp with Draco Meteor and Tobias gets a short line where he says: 'See? I said that would beat ANY Pokemon other than my Darkrai' before disappearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.