• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 9th: PM2019 124 - The Semifinals III: Valor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Leaker censored it, but Animedia has a poster

FZU12aPWQAAwnE1

10 year old Cynthia with Gible, and Ash with Pikachu and Riolu
It's funny how I recently saw in Youtube a video about how young Cynthia's team would be
The guy called it LOL

Vagrantwade

and Cynthia stans will complain

I’m sold. Great episode. Don’t even need to see it.
Our queen gets a two parter. She is the MOST important female PWC participant and the writers know it. Cynthia's beauty, her elegance, her cool battling style and her lipstick is second to none. Iris might have been a mere 2vs2 stepping stone in the great class that was settled in 10 minutes but these writers know Cynthia needs 2 episodes minimum for a battle with Ash.

ALL HAIL Cynthia and Garchomp!!!

How do I unread something?

Our queen gets a two parter. She is the MOST important female PWC participant and the writers know it. Cynthia's beauty, her elegance, her cool battling style and her lipstick is second to none. Iris might have been a mere 2vs2 stepping stone in the great class that was settled in 10 minutes but these writers know Cynthia needs 2 episodes minimum for a battle with Ash.

ALL HAIL Cynthia and Garchomp!!!
Gonna be eating popcorn when she loses lol

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
This recent obsession with Cynthia being “humiliated” from the fandom is weird
You see Cynthia haters talking more about Cynthia than her fans nowadays.
I can easily imagine them shaking their fist at their altar full of Cynthia merch expressing how much they hate her. It's cute. They're practically tsunderes at this point.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I can easily imagine them shaking their fist at their altar full of Cynthia merch expressing how much they hate her. It's cute. They're practically tsunderes at this point.
If I had a dollar for every hot take about how Cynthia is overrated, I'd be a rich man.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Gonna be eating popcorn when she loses lol
I’m sold. Great episode. Don’t even need to see it.
And now there’s a persecution complex as if she’s needlessly hated on or that people won’t have a meltdown she actually loses. Now the new spin is that Cynthia is this hated character and suddenly her fans tears are suppose to make people feel bad. Tragic. I can’t wait until there’s 60 pages of saying Ash pulled an Ash pull full of complaints

I mean we all know Lillie should be beating Cynthia but besides the point

Why not just be happy your fave is getting a two parter and ignore the small minority?

is this humiliation talk fed by those who want her to lose, or by those who feel Ash shouldn't be using his jn's team against her?
It’s both tbh

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't really get how somebody could hate Cynthia, she's overrated for a reason. There's nothing bad about her

Most of the champions are a complete bore aside from her

Ignition

And now there’s a persecution complex as if she’s needlessly hated on or that people won’t have a meltdown she actually loses. Now the new spin is that Cynthia is this hated character and suddenly her fans tears are suppose to make people feel bad. Tragic. I can’t wait until there’s 60 pages of saying Ash pulled an Ash pull full of complaints

I mean we all know Lillie should be beating Cynthia but besides the point

It’s both tbh
I mean no one’s saying she’s some underrated misunderstood character. It’s just childish letting the fans of a character influence your opinion on them or how they’re treated. If people genuinely just hate her and want Ash to sweep her regardless of what others have to say, fair enough then. I’d say the same for any character regardless of if they’re a personal or fan favorite. I still think Ash shouldn’t have made it to the M8 with his current team so fast but I’m not going to be in the review thread hating him because he defeated my favorite Champion.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I mean no one’s saying she’s some underrated misunderstood character. It’s just childish letting the fans of a character influence your opinion on them or how they’re treated. If people genuinely just hate her and want Ash to sweep her regardless of what others have to say, fair enough then. I’d say the same for any character regardless of if they’re a personal or fan favorite. I still think Ash shouldn’t have made it to the M8 with his current team so fast but I’m not going to be in the review thread hating him because he defeated my favorite Champion.
I don’t think anybody actually here hates Cynthia. Wanting her to lose doesn’t mean you hate the character imo. Has anybody said they genuinely hated her? I don’t personally believe saying you think somebody is overrated means you hate them.

I would argue it’s more childish letting a small minority of people stop your joy from enjoying a character. She’s getting a two partner and most likely lasting longer than other champion besides Leon. And this isn’t exactly at you but more so at the other chick.

It’s complaining about complaining. I agree he shouldn’t be here without his reserves but I don’t necessarily think people hate a fictional character (I hope not) because they’re expecting them lose but going around acting like she’s Serena, Lillie, Goh or Iris is an exaggeration.

Last edited:

TheNewGuy

I think everyone can agree that it's going to be a veeeeery close match though, so she wouldn't be "humiliated" lol. The only way you could truthfully use that word to describe her defeat if Ash somehow easily steamrolls her, which he won't. He will most likely win, yes, but it's silly to think that the victory is gonna be anything but razor thin.

She's Cynthia, the nigh-unbeatable goddess, and she's going to lose to this guy

Literally Ash Ketchum. They've done a good job of making it believable but he'll still always be that same old Ashy boy with 1 brain cell. Any loss to him when you're Cynthia is humiliating, and I am so here for it.

(To be clear I don't hate Cynthia, but she was never not an annoying boss fight and seeing her lose in glorious high definition is just *chef's kiss*)

Ignition

I don’t think anybody actually here hates Cynthia. Wanting her to lose doesn’t mean you hate the character imo. Has anybody said the genuinely hated her? I don’t personally believe saying you think somebody is overrated means you hate them.

I would argue it’s more childish letting a small minority of people stop your joy from enjoying a character. She’s getting a two partner and most likely lasting longer than other champion besides Leon. And this isn’t exactly at you but more so at the other chick.

It’s complaining about complaining. I agree he shouldn’t be here without his reserves but I don’t necessarily think people hate a fictional character (I hope not) because they’re expecting them lose but going around acting like she’s Serena, Goh or Iris is an exaggeration
Let me rephrase because admittedly hate is a strong word. I don’t think anyone or at least the majority of the fanbase hates her. I do think it’s silly to say you want her to lose just because of some obnoxious fans she has. Both are wrong and I’m not letting anyone stop me from liking her. And likewise yeah I don’t think you’re saying that to me specifically. I just find the whole thing weird because people are taking their opinions on a character too extreme and don’t think it’s anything beyond that. As long as it’s not a genuine wish for the character, it’s just banter but I know people in the fandom who are genuine contrarians who want her to fail just for the “backlash”.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Let me rephrase because admittedly hate is a strong word. I don’t think anyone or at least the majority of the fanbase hates her. I do think it’s silly to say you want her to lose just because of some obnoxious fans she has. Both are wrong and I’m not letting anyone stop me from liking her. And likewise yeah I don’t think you’re saying that to me specifically. I just find the whole thing weird because people are taking their opinions on a character too extreme and don’t think it’s anything beyond that. As long as it’s not a genuine wish for the character, it’s just banter but I know people in the fandom who are genuine contrarians who want her to fail just for the “backlash”.
Yes but as I said earlier it’s directed at those fans. That user you just agreed practically said that Cynthia destroyed Iris, didn’t take her seriously and nobody can get close to her level. How is it okay saying that but when the reverse happens, Cynthia fans are being hunted down and persecuted?

That was my entire reason that a fair exchange isn’t a robbery. If you can go around saying she’s destroying everybody and is the best trainer (including being better than Leon) then why do you care? People can say that Cynthia curbstomps everyone but when people are discussing Ash doing it it’s an issue

You had dizzy people saying the only way Iris could get far is it Cynthia had a box legendary like Zekrom

When I’m discussing “I’m being a hater I hope she loses” I’m discussing those same exact people and not fandom as a whole. It’s a direct demographic.

I can’t speak for everybody but that’s my take on the matter

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I don't hate Cynthia, I just find her lacking in personality. Also her simp squadfanbase has a tendency to be horribly insufferable. I've seen people throw temper tantrums at the mere suggestion that she *gasp* loses a battle once in her 15-year run on the show. Oh, the shame! Oh, the injustice of it all!

Ignition

Yes but as I said earlier it’s directed at those fans. That user you just agreed practically said that Cynthia destroyed Iris, didn’t take her seriously and nobody can get close to her level. How is it okay saying that but when the reverse happens, Cynthia fans are being hunted down and persecuted?

That was my entire reason that a fair exchange isn’t a robbery. If you can go around saying she’s destroying everybody and is the best trainer (including Leon) then why do you care? When I’m discussing “I’m being a hate I hope she loses” I’m discussing those same exact people and not fandom as a whole. It’s a direct demographic.
I didn’t agree with them about Cynthia vs Iris. I just agreed with them on the notion that in recent memory I see more people complaining about Cynthia than her annoying fans (not that they don’t exist as you can tell in this very thread). I don’t think Cynthia fans are being targeted as some misunderstood niche fanbase.

Again I just don’t like when people legitimately let those fans influence their opinions on her. Her fanbase will be fine after their match and I don’t think the complaints about it will be nearly as bad as people think it will be. But yes if someone is hyping up Cynthia while trashing on other characters, then they should be prepared for the same towards her. You’re obviously not letting those people genuinely impact your thoughts on Cynthia. I’m saying that for those who have because they do exist just like they exist for other characters like Iris because people love being contrarian. Just as your statement isn’t a general statement to her fans, mine isn’t to all people who criticize her.

Status
Not open for further replies.