• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 9th: PM2019 124 - The Semifinals III: Valor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I can't help but wonder, we all know mega chomp sacrifices speed for power, you think Ash might take advantage of that?
Garchomp was pretty speedy in that episode, I don't think stats are really effected in the anime like the games but since he witnessed Cynthia's keystone he most likely is definitely prepping for it

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I don't really follow the accurate to the games part because the giant Aura Sphere is about as far from the games as you would get lol.

there have been many occasions where we've seen things just as bad if not worse than what Lucario did.

Garchomp was pretty speedy in that episode, I don't think stats are really effected in the anime like the games but since he witnessed Cynthia's keystone he most likely is definitely prepping for it

true, but it'd be a nice thing to touch upon since some mega's have changes to certain area's.

Sham

true, but it'd be a nice thing to touch upon since some mega's have changes to certain area's.
Well that true, if Cynthia did it out of respect then it was pretty stupid instead of just having base Garchomp finish the job. That being said now that Ash is aware of this, it wouldn't be surprising if he's building up some type of way of combating it and taking advantage now that you said since it's no longer a surprise.

Wow apparently this battle is a three parter!
Yeah, aren't people debating on Twitter if it's really a Diantha vs Leon episode again?

Pepito Chillito

FXtg9-6VsAEdpcd

FXtg9_CUsAIPbNS

FXtg9-6UsAEMcgM

FV3JyBTaAAAB1qX

Yeah Ash has no business losing here especially with a gimmick. Haxorus matching Mega Garchomp’s power gives him no excuse.

Mega Lucario better give the fight of his life

Anything otherwise just proves he’s out of place and should have used reserves

Ladies and gentleman, I now present your equals in power.

Iris-owned.png

In a boxing match, if Boxcar Larry is able to stay conscious in the ring for the first 30 seconds before being KO'd with an uppercut by a champion level fighter, we wouldn't say their power was matched. Even if they traded blows for those first 30 seconds.

Cynthia was just feeling Haxorus out in the opening exchanges. When she cranked up the heat, Iris had no means to 'match' Cynthia/Garchomp's power because they were out of her league. Hence why Haxorus looked like it was ready for Pokemon heaven by the end of the battle, while Garchomp looked so clean you could easily think it just jumped into the ocean to hunt some Magikarp.

nuzamaki90

Well that true, if Cynthia did it out of respect then it was pretty stupid instead of just having base Garchomp finish the job. That being said now that Ash is aware of this, it wouldn't be surprising if he's building up some type of way of combating it and taking advantage now that you said since it's no longer a surprise.

Yeah, aren't people debating on Twitter if it's really a Diantha vs Leon episode again?
I don’t know about all of that because Part 2 is when Ash VS Cynthia starts. Titles haven’t been fully confirmed yet either.

Sham

I don’t know about all of that because Part 2 is when Ash VS Cynthia starts. Titles haven’t been fully confirmed yet either.
Well what they're saying is either the first episode between Diantha vs Leon actually extends to the second episode and it's half and half or it's switching between each match. Of course it's just theories and no summaries actually came out

nuzamaki90

Well what they're saying is either the first episode between Diantha vs Leon actually extends to the second episode and it's half and half or it's switching between each match. Of course it's just theories and no summaries actually came out
Ah I see. I would so because then there’d be a chance Diantha wouldn’t be completely blown out. Prayers up for our Kalos Queen :)

Sham

Ah I see. I would so because then there’d be a chance Diantha wouldn’t be completely blown out. Prayers up for our Kalos Queen :)
Period and hopefully it doesn't make Leon's participation the Master Class even more insufferable. Diantha deservers a fair chance at not being a complete jobber

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I am aware, yes. I also know that G-max doubles the health of the mon and it's not just any mon, it's the Ace of a trainer said to be equal to a regional Champion.

I don't really follow the accurate to the games part because the giant Aura Sphere is about as far from the games as you would get lol. And if we're talking type advantage, Cynthia's Garchomp should pretty much die to any ice attack then? And Leon's Charizard to a rock type move, so how is it still undefeated?

I'm all for type advantage being important again in the anime. I had no complaints about Lance’s Hydreigon being one-shot by Gardevoir because that's realistic. But that's a 4x weakness, by a Mega Pokemon and Champion Ace against a non-gimmick, non-Ace Pokemon. Pokemon in the anime are generally shown to be more durable than the games unless there's a significant level advantage or power difference. Maybe if it were Mega Lucario vs Gmax Duraladon, that would be more believable (considering it gets the adaptability boost and all). Or Base Lucario vs Base Duraladon (it's special defence is rather poor), but even those would be a stretch because I would not expect a Champion Ace to go down like that even in base form, considering Champion Ace's are shown to be quite a bit stronger than their other mons.

Sorry if I was rude anywhere, we've had this conversation before and we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I'm open to hearing points in it's favour from your side but unfortunately type advantage alone just doesn't do it for me.
Mega Garchomp and even Garchomp can tank at least one ice type move if the move isnt powerful and doesnt come from an ice type Pokemon and Gigantamax Charizard can do the same with rock type moves.
in Lucario's case, that wasnt a normal Aura Sphere so of course it was much more powerful to bring down Gigantamax Duraladon.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

You know, the fact that the climax begins in 4 episodes, it may just mean Cynthia's battle is the only highest point in Ash's tourney experience, which would mean it's his last battle.
There not going to go through all of Journeys building up Ash vs Leon with Ash beating Leon being his goal for the current series just to throw all of it out the wind by having Ash lose to Cynthia and not even get to face Leon in the PWC, that’s just common sense.

Right now the only person in the PWC that Ash could potentially lose to is Leon. Trying to say that Ash is going to lose to Cynthia and not even face Leon is the same thing as saying that Ash was going to lose to Gladion in the Alola league and not even face Kukui in Sun&Moon or not even face Paul in the Sinnoh League in DP.

It’s safe to say that Ash will beat Cynthia and will battle Leon in the finals because that is what the story requires.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I am aware, yes. I also know that G-max doubles the health of the mon and it's not just any mon, it's the Ace of a trainer said to be equal to a regional Champion.

I don't really follow the accurate to the games part because the giant Aura Sphere is about as far from the games as you would get lol. And if we're talking type advantage, Cynthia's Garchomp should pretty much die to any ice attack then? And Leon's Charizard to a rock type move, so how is it still undefeated?

I'm all for type advantage being important again in the anime. I had no complaints about Lance’s Hydreigon being one-shot by Gardevoir because that's realistic. But that's a 4x weakness, by a Mega Pokemon and Champion Ace against a non-gimmick, non-Ace Pokemon. Pokemon in the anime are generally shown to be more durable than the games unless there's a significant level advantage or power difference. Maybe if it were Mega Lucario vs Gmax Duraladon, that would be more believable (considering it gets the adaptability boost and all). Or Base Lucario vs Base Duraladon (it's special defence is rather poor), but even those would be a stretch because I would not expect a Champion Ace to go down like that even in base form, considering Champion Ace's are shown to be quite a bit stronger than their other mons.

Sorry if I was rude anywhere, we've had this conversation before and we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I'm open to hearing points in it's favour from your side but unfortunately type advantage alone just doesn't do it for me.
It is game accurate, though. I've beaten Raihan's G-Max Duraludon with Lucario and a single Aura Sphere multiple times in both games. The Giant Aura Sphere is definitely artistic license to create drama and tension in the show, but its not like you can't one-shot Raihan with a regular Lucario.

Status
Not open for further replies.