• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 9th: PM2019 124 - The Semifinals III: Valor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the leaks were wrong thank god but Ash still will struggle
Battle Prediction time:
Spiritomb vs Dragonite: Spiritomb wins
Roserade vs Gengar:
Gastrodon vs Gengar: Gengar wins
Togekiss vs Gengar: Togekiss wins
Togekiss vs Pikachu:
Spiritomb vs Pikachu: Draw
Roserade vs Dracovish: Roserade wins
Roserade vs Sirfetch’d: Sirfetch’d wins
Milotic vs Sirfetch’d: Draw
Togekiss vs Lucario: Lucario wins
Mega Garchomp vs Mega Lucario: Mega Lucario wins
Absolutely not, Dragonite needs a win

tsunamimijumaru

What's everyone's predictions for the battle? I'm hoping for:

Dragonite vs Spiritomb (Dnite switch)
Gengar vs Spiritomb (Spiritomb switch)
Gengar vs Roserade (Roserade W & switch)
Pikachu vs Togekiss (Togekiss switch)
Pikachu vs Gastrodon (Pikachu switch)
Dragonite vs Gastrodon (Dnite W)
Dragonite vs Spiritomb (Spiritomb W)
Pikachu vs Spiritomb (Draw)

Dracovish vs Roserade (Vish W)
Dracovish vs Milotic (Milotic W)
Sirfetch'd vs Milotic (Sirfetch'd W)
Sirfetch'd vs Garchomp (Gchomp W & switch)
Lucario vs Togekiss (Lucario W)
Mega Lucario vs Mega Garchomp (Lucario W)

Probably won't happen like this but Dragonite shouldn't get screwed for the third battle in a row and Cynthia's Garchomp should get at least one win.

nuzamaki90

So I’ve rewatched the preview like 30 times at least now. Apparently there was some rumor that Dracovish and Pikachu were going down to Spiritomb and Roserade, but now we see Pikachu ties with Spiritomb and Dracovish is fighting Roserade just fine. In fact it looks like it might KO it with Dragon Rush.

Also, Sirfetch’d might have just learned Leaf Blade from its training with Sceptile and Oshawott.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
The obvious thing I noticed from the preview is that, by the time garchomp appears in the battle, the score displays lucario as Ash’s last. Can’t see Cynthia’s score, but, I suppose Ash manages to do some damage control before send his dog to punch a shark.

Absolutely not, Dragonite needs a win
Very strange if they are holding its win only for the finals. I’m kinda disappointed, really, but, eh, writing team decisions.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
The screen sure makes prediction funky... for starters, we don't see who Gengar ultimately battles yet we know it's fought and lost... (Jobberknights for Ash and Iris because Lance's needs to be "cool")

Dragonite vs Spiritomb ~ Spiritomb
Gengar vs Spiritomb ~ Spiritomb recalled due to Dazzling Gleam
Gengar vs Roserade ~ Roserade resists Dazzling Gleam but has no real answer to Ghost/Poison, switches
Gengar vs Gastrodon ~ Gengar, no way it forces 3 switches
Gengar vs Togekiss ~ Togekiss probably due to hax
Pikachu vs Togekiss ~ Togekiss switched because Pikachu is an anime tank
Pikachu vs Spiritomb ~ Tie through means unknown

Now it's really tough to guess from there because, by technicality, there would be 3 jobbers if Dracovish loses

Dracovish vs Roserade ~ Dracovish
Dracovish vs Milotic ~ Milotic
Sirfetch'd vs Milotic ~ Sirfetch'd
Sirfetch'd vs Togekiss ~ Togekiss
Lucario vs Togekiss ~ Lucario
Lucario (Mega) vs Garchomp (Mega) ~ Lucario

Should Fish lose, Sirfetch'd would than get 2 wins

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
She's using her Platinum team here, except for one Pokemon - and ironically that one Pokemon is deciding the match against her.

It'll be be very disappointing if Garchomp gets Metagross'd in this battle.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

If Dragonite or Gengar job they better make it up against Leon. Especially Gengar since it will finally have Gigantamax available

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Pikachu and Gengar just won it fine, but Dragonites just getting beaten left and right easly in this tournament is ridiculous.

At least the Duck will get something, and the abomination, I doubt Lucario beats 4 Pokemon, Lucario shouldn't even be beating Garchomp, but i guess its going to be Mega vs Mega, win or loss.

If he wins here, against Leon its going to be G-max Pikachu vs G-Max Charizard.
I highly doubt that Pikachu is going to G-Max against Leon’s G-Max Charizard considering the fact that they not only have never shown it doing so in the anime again so far but when it comes to marketing Ash’s Pikachu they never market it’s G-Max for and always market and associate with its Signature Z-move.

If any Pokémon was going to Gigantamax against Leon it would be Ash’s Gengar because every time they market Ash with Gigantamax it’s always with his Gengar.

Also with how they been using Pikachu and it’s current move set Gigantamax doesn’t fit with its current battle style and move set and is actually more of a hinderance for it then a help.

jrizza88

Meteorite
The screen sure makes prediction funky... for starters, we don't see who Gengar ultimately battles yet we know it's fought and lost... (Jobberknights for Ash and Iris because Lance's needs to be "cool")

Dragonite vs Spiritomb ~ Spiritomb
Gengar vs Spiritomb ~ Spiritomb recalled due to Dazzling Gleam
Gengar vs Roserade ~ Roserade resists Dazzling Gleam but has no real answer to Ghost/Poison, switches
Gengar vs Gastrodon ~ Gengar, no way it forces 3 switches
Gengar vs Togekiss ~ Togekiss probably due to hax
Pikachu vs Togekiss ~ Togekiss switched because Pikachu is an anime tank
Pikachu vs Spiritomb ~ Tie through means unknown

Now it's really tough to guess from there because, by technicality, there would be 3 jobbers if Dracovish loses

Dracovish vs Roserade ~ Dracovish
Dracovish vs Milotic ~ Milotic
Sirfetch'd vs Milotic ~ Sirfetch'd
Sirfetch'd vs Togekiss ~ Togekiss
Lucario vs Togekiss ~ Lucario
Lucario (Mega) vs Garchomp (Mega) ~ Lucario

Should Fish lose, Sirfetch'd would than get 2 wins
I legit think my theory of Destiny Bond might happen since Cynthia seems quick to throw surprises, otherwise I guess they have some weird clash where both go down.

Sceptilee

I legit think my theory of Destiny Bond might happen since Cynthia seems quick to throw surprises, otherwise I guess they have some weird clash where both go down.
Honestly sounds like a good strategy, she knows that Pikachu is his Ace so trading Spiritomb for it would be a really good move. I hope that's how it goes.

ShadowForce720

Three Dragonites in the same tournament and they're ALL jobbers.
Did a Dragonite murder the suits firstborns or something recently or what?
How on earth are is Lance’s Dragonite a jobber when it literally took out Diantha’s Aurorus and managed to damage her Mega Gardevoir before finally going down.

Seriously I don’t know why some people are trying to do this whole revisionist history thing and trying to pretend that Lance’s Dragonite didn’t get a single win when that is factual incorrect.

Lance’s Dragonite put in work acted as the ace and pretty much the mvp for his team in his battle against Diantha.

Last edited:

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
I train this Garchomp all my life only to lose to some baby?!?!?!? That's it, I'm handing my resignation to the writers, I don't wanna be a part of this anymore
Like Paul, Lance and Iris she's pulling out of this disastrous anime finale while she can

Broseph08

My prediction for how the battle goes:

Dragonite vs Spiritomb -> Spiritomb wins (poor Dragonite)
Gengar vs Spiritomb -> Spiritomb is recalled for Gastrodon
Gengar vs Gastrodon -> Gengar wins
Gengar vs Togekiss -> Togekiss wins
Pikachu vs Togekiss -> Togekiss recalled for Spritomb
Pikachu vs Spiritomb -> Draw
Dracovish vs Roserade -> Dracovish wins
Dracovish vs Togekiss -> Dracovish recalled for Lucario
Lucario vs Togekiss-> Lucario wins
Lucario vs Milotic -> Lucario recalled for Sirfetch'd
Sirfetch'd vs Milotic -> Sirfetch'd wins
Sirfetch'd vs Garchomp -> Garchomp wins
Dracovish vs Garchomp -> Garchomp wins
Lucario vs Garchomp -> Lucario wins

I think Garchomp will defeat multiple Pokémon as befits his standing as Cynthia's powerhouse and this means Dracovish and Sirfetch'd can get some solid wins to whittle down the team before Cynthia turns the table again with her ace. I could see maybe Sirfetch'd has a draw with Milotic as well which would simplify the match a bit as well

Status
Not open for further replies.